Sanchez already gone?

Freemanm

this whole question is fantasy. In real life Sanchez has a torn labrum and is on the IR designated list. Which means he cant return before week 9 or something even if he was healthy. Which he's not.  as for trade value, he had none when he had a healthy throwing arm. 

You're right on. Sanchez is history with the Jets for sure and might NEVER see another starting gig. Looks like a career backup from here on out, unless the Rams pick him up. He might be an upgrade over Bradford.

He's probably done, but if Geno were to get hurt (heaven forbid), and Sanchez was healthy, he'd get the nod over Simms because that is how Rex operates.

That said, Sanchez has been nothing but class in this whole thing and Geno seems like he genuinely listens to him and appreciates the sideline help.

Some of his comments lately have not been classy, but he is being a good teammate with Geno it seems

Meh, I still contend that Sanchez "won" absolutely nothing.  The term "won" indicates that there were actions of Sanchez's this past preseason which in any way earned him the job.  There were absolutely none.  At best, he might have been set to be given the job by default because of Geno's awful outing against the Giants, but even then it simply would have been a matter of being a placeholder until Geno was deemed ready, as Mark had given the Jets no reason whatsoever to actually want him as their starter.  Sanchez still turned the ball over every time he stepped onto the field, was still throwing pick 6s to friggin' DL, still threw INTs in the endzone; basically doing everything you would possibly put at the top of the list of things for a QB not to do, particularly a 4-year starter at QB.

As far as the coaches and offensive weapons go, as bad as they may have been, none of that is an excuse for how awful of a QB Sanchez was and is.  There's nobody else that can be blamed for Sanchez repeatedly throwing INTs to DL, his constant fumbling or some of the other idiotic nonsense we've seen from him, like running into his own OL's ass.  That kind of crap takes a special kind of awfulness that's really hard to even believe is real.

Sanchez completed two thirds of his passes, 2 TDs, and 2 ints with a QB rating of 90+. I'll take a QB rating of 90+ for any QB wearing a Jets uniform. As for Geno, his QB rating was 54 with 1 td and 3 ints in limited action. Like it or not, Sanchez was playing much better than Geno (who was playing against and with backups) right before he got hurt. I don't regret Geno starting for us. He's been playing better than I thought. But to say Sanchez didn't outplay Geno and didn't deserve the starting spot is not true. Sanchez was a better player this year. I hope he comes back for a couple of games, plays excellent in them, and gives the Jets an option next year incase someone wants to trade for him or his contract. Matt Flynn received TWO trades for his couple of games so I'd like to stay optimistic.

Whats weird is, this same board was all praise about Sanchez only two years ago. He played well enough in his first two years, and the years he was supposed to step up, Jets decide to cut the cord on his offensive weapons and hand him old washed up crap like Burress and then couple of butterfingers in Gates and Hills. He also didn't have LT. Sanchez is a QB who's play represents his confidence level. If his confidence is low, he'll really suck. If his confidence is high, he can light up defenses (see most of his playoff games).

Besides, what am I gonna do with my Sanchez jersey? :winking0001:

That he won the job? We all know he did.

Lol, no he didnt. Thats the whole point. Its why Rex put him back in the game. Preseason and practice count too and the CS knew how mych better Geno was than Sanchez. Gets old people saying he won the competition because he didnt

Lol, no he didnt. Thats the whole point. Its why Rex put him back in the game. Preseason and practice count too and the CS knew how mych better Geno was than Sanchez. Gets old people saying he won the competition because he didnt

I hope this was sarcasm. I just don't detect any.

Archived