Lets discuss the bad and ugly.

joewilly12

i agree titans are not better then us a bad bad game

What does this even mean.   The Bucs were the better team in Week 1, they just had a player make a boneheaded decision.  The Pats failed to capitalize on 3 Smith picks. And it was bad weather. The Jets weren't really the better team that night either.   I would say the Bills game was a draw.  The Jets could have won 30-3.  But at the same time due to turnovers and penalties, the Jets could have lost 30-3.   The bills and jets are just two teams that aren't very good with rookie QBs.

The Jets are lucky to be 2-2.   It's as simple as that.  They could be 3-1, but they could also be 1-3 or 0-4.    The team isn't very good.  That's the reality. People just want to believe what they want.   The defense will keep them in most games, but there will be games where the defense isn't on and a QB will actually be a good QB.   Locker was on today.  Fitzpatrick sucked.   That's the way it goes.  If the Jets play a team where the QB struggles, they have a chance. If they play a game where the QB is on, they will probably wind up losing 31-10.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please are you guys nuts? I urge you to watch the tape on Walls he was beaten badly today over and over and missed many tackles.

Go and read how Walls was the best CB in the league this preseason. There's an article in one of the threads here. Go ahead. I'll wait.

The only CB who was beaten badly was Cro on the bomb. Walls was always with the guys he was covering.

Go and read how Walls was the best CB in the league this preseason. There's an article in one of the threads here. Go ahead. I'll wait.

The only CB who was beaten badly was Cro on the bomb. Walls was always with the guys he was covering.

So if some beat writer writes an article it must be true? 

The second half was the right time to give Simms a shot. The Jets need to see if he has anything before drafting a QB too. I personally have seen enough from Geno to know he is a joke.

Can you think of a worse QB performance from a Jets QB? The around the back fumble combined with the one handed fumble might be worse than the butt fumble.

I thought Walls played pretty good for his first start.

Look it up. It wasn't a beat writer. It used analytics. You know, numbers and stats and not your judgement.

Stats always use some kind of judgement.   Numbers are just numbers.    

Look at todays game.   If you look at the stats, the Jets didn't have a bad game on paper.  They put up some yards.  They scored a TD. Their defense turned up the heat in the second half.     But if you actually dug deeper into just some sheet of paper with numbers,  you'd realize half the Jets stats were garbage time stats,  you'd realize half the game the Titans had Fitzpatrick as QB and not Locker who had 3 TD passes against the defense.    Sometimes the stats are just a starting point.  They are meant to dig a little deeper.  Problem is most people don't and so stats become "SEE..."  and it really doesn't mean anything but numbers on a computer screen or piece of paper.

The second half was the right time to give Simms a shot. The Jets need to see if he has anything before drafting a QB too. I personally have seen enough from Geno to know he is a joke.

Can you think of a worse QB performance from a Jets QB? The around the back fumble combined with the one handed fumble might be worse than the butt fumble.

I thought Walls played pretty good for his first start.

I can think of a worse performance - Joe Flacco, today.    At $22M / year you expect better than 5 int's.   

You do cant get over losing Revis so anyone who lines up at CB is a great one.  Lets get Milliner healthy and back on the field so Walls can be where he belongs on the bench.

One thing is for you to not GET IT as the rest of us had here in the forum but another thing is to put words into my mouth.  That is hilarious, Willie.

So now Geno Smith is Joe Flacco? lol

Flacco has been one of those overrated QBs for years.   Except he had a great postseason run last year helped by the Broncos choking.   If they don't, nobody really talks about him as clutch.  Even though he's had some great postseason stats the past few years, not just last year.  That's the thing though.  The Ravens went all in on Joe and now he's the 20 million dollar man without the WRS and defense he was used to for his first 5 years in the NFL.    Sacrifices.  

The problem is Joe Flacco was also a big reason why that team won a playoff game or two every season he was their QB.   Geno seems to be on pace to challenge Sanchez in the terrible turnover department.

Flacco has been one of those overrated QBs for years.   Except he had a great postseason run last year helped by the Broncos choking.   If they don't, nobody really talks about him as clutch.  Even though he's had some great postseason stats the past few years, not just last year.  That's the thing though.  The Ravens went all in on Joe and now he's the 20 million dollar man without the WRS and defense he was used to for his first 5 years in the NFL.    Sacrifices.  

The problem is Joe Flacco was also a big reason why that team won a playoff game or two every season he was their QB.   Geno seems to be on pace to challenge Sanchez in the terrible turnover department.

At least Geno is on pace to throw for 4,500 yards.  I'm excited because for the first time in a long time we are moving the chain in despite of many first down called back because of penalties.  Hopefully, he will fix the TO.

At least Geno is on pace to throw for 4,500 yards.  I'm excited because for the first time in a long time we are moving the chain in despite of many first down called back because of penalties.  Hopefully, he will fix the TO.

Thats the one bright side of Geno's game.  He can make plays downfield and move the chains in between his stoopidity. 

I guess even Bubby Brister and Shaun King had supporters.

Thats the one bright side of Geno's game.  He can make plays downfield and move the chains in between his stoopidity. 

Can he though? The two long TDs required the WR's making plays. They were not totally clean long balls. And besides those two, I have seen him miss about 20 of them.

Can he though? The two long TDs required the WR's making plays. They were not totally clean long balls. And besides those two, I have seen him miss about 20 of them.

Coming into this game he was tie with Rodgers for the most catches on ball thrown 20 yards in the air or more.  He is almost 60% completion and I had seen a bunch of throws being drops by his WR including 8 against NE.  Coming into this season every body knew that we don't have a difference maker on offense and whoever was going to be behind center was going to have a rough time because of it. 

Coming into this game he was tie with Rodgers for the most catches on ball thrown 20 yards in the air or more.  He is almost 60% completion and I had seen a bunch of throws being drops by his WR including 8 against NE.  Coming into this season every body knew that we don't have a difference maker on offense and whoever was going to be behind center was going to have a rough time because of it. 

So after 3 weeks Geno is Rodgers? Who is he tied with after 4 weeks? I dont need stats to tell me that this guy holds onto the ball to long and plays QB like a retard.

So after 3 weeks Geno is Rodgers? Who is he tied with after 4 weeks? I dont need stats to tell me that this guy holds onto the ball to long and plays QB like a retard.

Dude, you are the one making the comparison, not me.  You questioned Geno's long ball as not legit and I just put it into context.  You don't need stats but sure you throw into everybody face his TO.  :character0053:

The Jets are not better than the Titans. Especially on offense.

Walls played fine in his first start. Lest we not forget you wanted to cut Miliner after his first start. You're just a hater to be a hater for some reason. Locker was on today and putting the ball where only his receiver could get it. Walls was victim to that a few times but mostly his coverage was right on. Even Dierdorf said so.

This, Locker was awesome before the injury shame, TO's, and penalties aside the Titans won th battle in the trenches, other than run blocking (Jets took care of business against the run), and that is why the Titans are the better team, and right now it's not close, maybe we can say other wise in 5 weeks, but unless Geno improves, and the O-line gels, and gets more consistent that's not happening.

not my point chief.    point is, don't overreact to one game from a rookie in a rebuilding year.    If every franchise flushed its rookie QB every time they had a bad game nobody would ever get a chance to develop.   

pft. obviously if you're not Peyton Manning in 4 games, you're trash.

Archived