Brian Winters: "I'm Ready"

flgreen

You'll get no disagreement with me there..  the amount of time I spend on this board is a disgrace. 

I just don't understand the whole hunting dynamic.  It's not a particularly fair fight.  Maybe if the hunter yelled into a bullhorn "hey you stupid m'fer look out here it comes" before shooting I'd feel a little differently.  Give that dumb 4 legged freak a chance to run for it's life.

I have a 3 week hunting/camping trip in Alaska next year, Michigan and Utah next month and hopefully Wyoming. Anyway when you hunt in places like Alaska you're no longer top of the food chain and its hard work. You hike for miles carrying heavy packs and live in tents. If you don't know what you're doing you'll never kill anything but yourself lol. Now whitetail hunting in NY and penn is a lot safer and easier so ill give you that.

I always find people who enjoy hunting a bit disturbing. it's not 1813, buy your food at the supermarket like everyone else. a gun is a great penis extender, since you'd piss yourself if you were ever that close to a bear otherwise. I'm rooting for the bear.

So it's ok to eat meat that's been force fed chemicals and drugs, hold captive in small areas, mistreated then killed but its not ok to eat meat that you worked your butt of to get that lives free out in nature??

I have a 3 week hunting/camping trip in Alaska next year, Michigan and Utah next month and hopefully Wyoming. Anyway when you hunt in places like Alaska you're no longer top of the food chain and its hard work. You hike for miles carrying heavy packs and live in tents. If you don't know what you're doing you'll never kill anything but yourself lol. Now whitetail hunting in NY and penn is a lot safer and easier so ill give you that.

Yeah but a moose isn't exactly an immediate threat to humans.  Unless you plan on beating it to death with brass knuckes, I think you and your gun have a distinct advantage.

Now if you're hunting mountain lion with a bow and arrow - I'd say that's a pretty level playing field.

So it's ok to eat meat that's been force fed chemicals and drugs, hold captive in small areas, mistreated then killed but its not ok to eat meat that you worked your butt of to get that lives free out in nature??

The point is in 2013, no one is required to hunt for sustenance.  Hunters kill because they like to kill things.  I think it's a little disturbing.

Now if I was trapped in the Amazon, starving, with no Taco Bell in site, then all bets are off..  I'd strangle a rhesus monkey, shove a stick up it's ass, and eat it like a corn dog.

For the record, I think that's wrong too and am pretty big on animal rights. I'm not a vegetarian. You can eat meat, but you don't have to be mean to the meat before you kill it. I only try to buy free range chicken/organic meat/etc. I don't eat veal.

The point is in 2013, no one is required to hunt for sustenance.  Hunters kill because they like to kill things.  I think it's a little disturbing.

Now if I was trapped in the Amazon, starving, with no Taco Bell in site, then all bets are off..  I'd strangle a rhesus monkey, shove a stick up it's ass, and eat it like a corn dog.

Pretty much this. You want to kill what you eat personally? I even accept that. But I get the distinct impression there are a lot of people killing things because they like killing things. NBC just got a ton of backlash and had to cancel a hunting show because a some rich douchenozzle basically killed an elephant for fun.

And Brian Winters is probably a psycho, if killing things is practically what gets him off. Hope he plays well, but I also kind of hope a buck gores him with its horns.

The point is in 2013, no one is required to hunt for sustenance. Hunters kill because they like to kill things. I think it's a little disturbing.

Now if I was trapped in the Amazon, starving, with no Taco Bell in site, then all bets are off.. I'd strangle a rhesus monkey, shove a stick up it's ass, and eat it like a corn dog.

You need to,get out of the city once in a while. A lot of people hunt and fish to put meat in the freezer. If you're talking about trophy hunters then yes I agree with you. I like deer, hog, elk etc and I can get it 1000s of times cheaper hunting them.

And as far as your moose cougar post.

Moose are very dangerous, they kill and injure more people then bear and cougars put together. Also a cougar is much easier to kill then a moose. If I was hunting NA big cats I'd prob use a 22-250 or 223, for moose 30-06 up to a 338.

For the record, I think that's wrong too and am pretty big on animal rights. I'm not a vegetarian. You can eat meat, but you don't have to be mean to the meat before you kill it. I only try to buy free range chicken/organic meat/etc. I don't eat veal.

Pretty much this. You want to kill what you eat personally? I even accept that. But I get the distinct impression there are a lot of people killing things because they like killing things. NBC just got a ton of backlash and had to cancel a hunting show because a some rich douchenozzle basically killed an elephant for fun.

And Brian Winters is probably a psycho, if killing things is practically what gets him off. Hope he plays well, but I also kind of hope a buck gores him with its horns.

Deer have antlers not horns

I think it's a lot worse to keep an animal caged up and feed it all the chemicals then it is to shoot one in the wild but that's how I feel and you're a tree hugging hippie liberal so you feel different. (Joking about the tree hugging thing for you over sensitive posters, it's a South Park joke)

Deer have antlers not horns

I think it's a lot worse to keep an animal caged up and feed it all the chemicals then it is to shoot one in the wild but that's how I feel and you're a tree hugging hippie liberal so you feel different. (Joking about the tree hugging thing for you over sensitive posters, it's a South Park joke)

HA I recognized the South Park joke. I just like animals more than people. I thought rams had horns?

ETA: OMG I just mixed up rams and deer. Nevermind.

Hunting not a sport unless you are in as much danger as the hunted animal. A deer is not going to fight back against a gun. Put this guy in a pit against a grizzly bear and give him a bowie knife....now you have a sport. Deer killing is not a sport.

What about bow and knife hunting deer? 

Actually **** it, when it comes to deer it's more like cleaning up. They're everywhere. 

The point is in 2013, no one is required to hunt for sustenance. Hunters kill because they like to kill things. I think it's a little disturbing.

Now if I was trapped in the Amazon, starving, with no Taco Bell in site, then all bets are off.. I'd strangle a rhesus monkey, shove a stick up it's ass, and eat it like a corn dog.

Hey, watch it bub!

Archived