Really good Idzik interview

GREENBEAN

This is from the Jets official site.   A really clear interview on where he see's things.  I enjoyed it.

I'm sorry. I don't really know how to embed or anything like that.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-and-videos/videos/Exclusive-1-on-1-with-John-Idzik/bbcd232a-dddf-4243-94b0-56aec373712f

Very solid interview, he carries himself extremely well. While he reiterated that he's not going to name a starter at QB for anything more than the Bills game, you really got the feeling that he was not only happy with Geno's play and development, but the job that Rex and the coaching staff is doing. We have a lot of guys who weren't on our team at the start of the month who were making plays this past sunday: Idzik deserves credit for relying on his staff for finding them and Rex and his staff deserve credit for getting them up to speed and putting them in a position to succeed.  

Why is the GM naming the QB? :/

I didnt think he did. I just think QB is being treated like any other position. They are all open competitions. Therefore, the guy collecting your ticket at the gate would answer the question the same way.

Why is the GM naming the QB? :/

I think the non committal approach is what he's sticking to at least for this season. If he does in fact extend Rex, I could see him deferring questions like that to the Rex. " The HC will make those decisions based on what he see's in practice and on the field"  etc.

For this season, he's letting everyone know that he hasn't committed to anything or anyone. Except David Nelson of course.

Rex is doing a great job. The staff is doing a great job. Barring a massive collapse they're coming back. If they weren't, his tone when talking about Rex would've been more like the way he talked about Milliner - he took a step back, etc.

Archived