Kiper has Jets taking Marqise Lee in his first published mock

Matt39

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's completely, unintelligently stupid if you think the Temple connection to Klecko had anything to do with the Jets selecting Wilkerson. It's a nice side note, ah shucks, well ain't that cool, moment, and that's it. 

and if you remember a similar player that alot of people wanted instead was Cameron Heyward out of Ohio State. Remember the last DL out of Ohio State the Jets took? I don't think it's the be all and end all but in the case of a tie breaker, the klecko legacy trumps the gholston legacy. (esp cause Tanny took Gholston, he couldn't go back to OSU for another DL even if he wanted)

Good point. Besides Tannehill from Texas A+M ( and hes decent only), the rest havent produced much. David Carr (bust, Fresno)

Brian Brahm (Bust Louisville), UCF, no one that Im aware, BUT at least they dont have Laundry lists of busts.

the Tannehill legacy is the strongest one and Kiper does have Johnny Manziel going 1... 

the Tannehill legacy is the strongest one and Kiper does have Johnny Manziel going 1... 

Will you be watching the East-West game tomorrow. You seem to be a very good judge of talent, so I'm hoping that you watch, and then give me an honest opinion of CORNELL QB Jeff Mathews?

Being a homer, I will be watching thru my Cornell Big Red glasses, but you will be watching totally unbiased.

The game is at 4pm on NFL network

Very impressive. Then why does he have this reputation for dropping balls, when he dropped 1 all year? Now I understand he disappears in games but for me, thats more on Geno than him, as Geno seems to be simply a Kerly, TE guy and doesnt look WR often enough. If Hill can seperate, thats another story, but when you have 4.3 speed, seperation should not be an issue. Strange,

The reputation he has, is among Jets' fans. People hear someone say it, and they repeat it.  I think the reason he has that rep is because of his speed.  Some of the balls he drops would be long TD's.  When a guy has a defender beat by 5 yards for what would be a 70 yard TD, at a critical point, and drops the ball, people will remember that for a long time.  Another guy drops 3 4 yard passes, and people quickly forget.  Particularly  if the team loses by 4 points.

Hill actually started the season looking like he was going to have a nice season, then he took a big hit on the sideline after making a real nice catch (can't recall what game it was) Received a concussion, and another injury, which nagged him all season.

This will be Hill's third year.  IMO it's a show me year.  He either performs at a higher level, (I think he will)  or he goes off to be a gym teacher or whatever

and if you remember a similar player that alot of people wanted instead was Cameron Heyward out of Ohio State. Remember the last DL out of Ohio State the Jets took? I don't think it's the be all and end all but in the case of a tie breaker, the klecko legacy trumps the gholston legacy. (esp cause Tanny took Gholston, he couldn't go back to OSU for another DL even if he wanted)

I will give you that. That there might be some GMs...pending how superstitious they are...maybe, just maybe some of them out there that just might take stuff like this into consideration and just might, on a super, high end, factor 3-5% weight, into their possible decision. 

I will give you that. That there might be some GMs...pending how superstitious they are...maybe, just maybe some of them out there that just might take stuff like this into consideration and just might, on a super, high end, factor 3-5% weight, into their possible decision. 

GMs are not that much smarter than the rest of us. they buy brands. If you buy levi's jeans, and they perform well chances are levi's is gonna be the buy when you need more. 

there are certain school-position combos that are real legacies. Michigan and Wisconsin OL for example. Miami and Penn State LBs. FSU/UF corners. USC QB is a toxic legacy. For a long time so was Penn State RB (pre-Larry Johnson). Yes there are bad Michigan linemen but at the end of the day these guys have to make decisions that don't get them fired. Taking the legacy pick is looked at as smart, even if it doesn't pan. 

part of it is self-fulfilling i.e. Penn State will always get better LB recruits than "equal" schools because preps are drawn to the legacy. they are real and it is something to keep in mind. 

fwiw Alabama CBs was looked at as a toxic legacy and Idzik went to that well despite them not producing a good CB in about fifty years. Im not saying go legacy everytime or legacys can't be broken. It's something to keep in mind and it's a lazy shortcut that everyone uses. Jimmy Garappolo will be compared to Tony Romo because no one watches Eastern Illinois. 

The reputation he has, is among Jets' fans. People hear someone say it, and they repeat it.  I think the reason he has that rep is because of his speed.  Some of the balls he drops would be long TD's.  When a guy has a defender beat by 5 yards for what would be a 70 yard TD, at a critical point, and drops the ball, people will remember that for a long time.  Another guy drops 3 4 yard passes, and people quickly forget.  Particularly  if the team loses by 4 points.

Hill actually started the season looking like he was going to have a nice season, then he took a big hit on the sideline after making a real nice catch (can't recall what game it was) Received a concussion, and another injury, which nagged him all season.

This will be Hill's third year.  IMO it's a show me year.  He either performs at a higher level, (I think he will)  or he goes off to be a gym teacher or whatever

I agree. If he doesnt show something this year, he will be the leader of the revolving door brigade next year. 3 years is plenty of time to show that you are at least adequate and can make some kind of contribution.

That time Houston buckled to public pressure and drafted Vince Young

I think the made the right pick,   but Mario had some good years, but he wound up in Buffalo and Houston never won anything with him and really never had a QB either.  Schaub is ok, but he's one of those ok QBs who will put up some nice numbers now and again, but will never really win anything for you.       

And who knows,  remember Vince Young actually won a lot of games for the Titans, he just wasn't that good and had mental issues.      

Aaron rodgers comes to mind. How many people passed on him because of the superstition over tedford system qbs.

Also, i think dumber gms have been weeding out. There was a period of some really dumb front offices (lions, bills, raiders, etc.), but not so many truly dumb picks seem as prevalent lately.

I'm high on lee personally. He has that incredible change of direction and agility that makes him special. Don't think he lasts to us though because of all those meaningless games we won towards the end.

Archived