Jordan Matthews

BroadwayJets

If white wasnt prone to constant injury things might have been different for him. Does tape on a prospect bother you? I'm not sure if you were making some indirect point or something.

Indirect?  How can I be any more direct?  My point isn't necessarily aimed at you, but it is very direct.  I am tired of hearing about how the combine is meaningless and 40 times are meaningless.  I knew White would suck.  Injuries?  Injuries were not White's problem.  He was on a team with some of the worst receiving talent in the league and couldn't hang on.  He has been out of work forever without even a sniff from another team.  White is slow.  Too slow. That is his problem. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indirect?  How can I be any more direct?  My point isn't necessarily aimed at you, but it is very direct.  I am tired of hearing about how the combine is meaningless and 40 times are meaningless.  I knew White would suck.  Injuries?  Injuries were not White's problem.  He was on a team with some of the worst receiving talent in the league and couldn't hang on.  He has been out of work forever without even a sniff from another team.  White is slow.  Too slow. That is his problem. 

You knew white would suck? Funny, he never got on the field to actually suck. Since I'm the one to sniff out what wasn't necessarily aimed at me I'll tell you this. I think the combine has it's place, I do think however that certain aspects of the combine, such as the 40 gets too much attention. If someone knew that white would suck given the combine then those same people thought that Vernon Gholston was the next big thing. I prefer game play over drills in shorts. And if I ever thought anything of White it was more in the direction of a Wayne chrebet...nothing special, just a good football player. I mean lets be serious, he wasn't getting the alshon Jeffery treatment.

You knew white would suck? Funny, he never got on the field to actually suck. Since I'm the one to sniff out what wasn't necessarily aimed at me I'll tell you this. I think the combine has it's place, I do think however that certain aspects of the combine, such as the 40 gets too much attention. If someone knew that white would suck given the combine then those same people thought that Vernon Gholston was the next big thing. I prefer game play over drills in shorts. And if I ever thought anything of White it was more in the direction of a Wayne chrebet...nothing special, just a good football player. I mean lets be serious, he wasn't getting the alshon Jeffery treatment.

Man, you take everything personally.  I have no idea what you thought/think of White and it really doesn't matter.  White did not get on the field because he sucks.  He didn't get picked up by another team because he sucks. He is out of the league.  Can you guess why?

Probably not the place for this, but... I'll bite.  You obviously need both. There is a limit.  A point at which not having the physical attributes becomes a huge problem.  Our boy Landry is dangerously close.  He ran like crap and had no explosiveness.  If it was his hamstring fine, but if he is just that slow he is doomed.  LBs are going to able to man up on the guy.  The 40 gets too much attention because it's what everybody notices, but it's not just the 40, but the cone drills and the jumps that measure explosiveness. Little quick guys had better have good cone times.  The combine is key for a guy like Jordan White, because we did not seen him regularly against high level competition.  He was beating up on slobs and there are no want to know why he was successful.  At least Landry played in the SEC. The combine is equal footing instead of trying to determine of a punt returner blowing by some kids from Alcorn State is faster than one barely running past the guys from Georgia.  

I am sick of the whole drills in shorts comments.  Did you play?  Do remember in practice?  Was there any point where the guys who were the best on the field didn't look the best in the drills in shorts on Tuesday?  I was a 4.75 running Golden God!  If there was a guy I was faster than in shorts, I was faster than him in pads, and vice versa ( :frown: )

The one item where I know that I specifically disagree with you personally is the Senior Bowl.  I have seen you call it nothing but an all-star game.  It isn't.  It is a place to be evaluated by the pros.  If you are going to treat the game like an all-star game, stay home cause you are going to cost yourself some money. People want to act like these kids just go and have fun, but they are there to make money.  It's like the bar exam.  I don't know about you, but I don't want an attorney that choked on the day of the bar.  

Respected, but for the record, Robinson, Moncrief and Beckam are all better than Benjamin. Benjamin is a 3rd round talent. Maybe its me but I dont like him. 

I think it's strictly his size that puts him above some of these guys. Decent hands but he also had the best qb throwing to him, I'm not too crazy about him either. Seemed a bit spoiled

Man, you take everything personally.  I have no idea what you thought/think of White and it really doesn't matter.  White did not get on the field because he sucks.  He didn't get picked up by another team because he sucks. He is out of the league.  Can you guess why?

Probably not the place for this, but... I'll bite.  You obviously need both. There is a limit.  A point at which not having the physical attributes becomes a huge problem.  Our boy Landry is dangerously close.  He ran like crap and had no explosiveness.  If it was his hamstring fine, but if he is just that slow he is doomed.  LBs are going to able to man up on the guy.  The 40 gets too much attention because it's what everybody notices, but it's not just the 40, but the cone drills and the jumps that measure explosiveness. Little quick guys had better have good cone times.  The combine is key for a guy like Jordan White, because we did not seen him regularly against high level competition.  He was beating up on slobs and there are no want to know why he was successful.  At least Landry played in the SEC. The combine is equal footing instead of trying to determine of a punt returner blowing by some kids from Alcorn State is faster than one barely running past the guys from Georgia.  

I am sick of the whole drills in shorts comments.  Did you play?  Do remember in practice?  Was there any point where the guys who were the best on the field didn't look the best in the drills in shorts on Tuesday?  I was a 4.75 running Golden God!  If there was a guy I was faster than in shorts, I was faster than him in pads, and vice versa ( :frown: )

The one item where I know that I specifically disagree with you personally is the Senior Bowl.  I have seen you call it nothing but an all-star game.  It isn't.  It is a place to be evaluated by the pros.  If you are going to treat the game like an all-star game, stay home cause you are going to cost yourself some money. People want to act like these kids just go and have fun, but they are there to make money.  It's like the bar exam.  I don't know about you, but I don't want an attorney that choked on the day of the bar.  

I didn't read the above yet, outside of taking things personally. I didn't. Do I really have to use smiley faces to indicate that I'm just busting your chops man? It's the off season and I'm bored. Where's Gastineau lives when I need him lol

I didn't read the above yet, outside of taking things personally. I didn't. Do I really have to use smiley faces to indicate that I'm just busting your chops man? It's the off season and I'm bored. Where's Gastineau lives when I need him lol

I'm glad you don't take things personally, but I didn't see any chop busting in your post.  How much you value the combine is fine to debate, I just hate hearing how unimportant it is.  

I'm glad you don't take things personally, but I didn't see any chop busting in your post.  How much you value the combine is fine to debate, I just hate hearing how unimportant it is.  

My bad then. The busting chops part was when I said that I sniffed out something that  wasn't necessarily for me. Next time I'll put a smiley face big dog.

Archived