49ers are now more likely to trade Deebo Samuel than they are Brandon Aiyuk.

• According to San Francisco Chronicle’s Michael Silver, the 49ers are now more likely to trade Deebo Samuel than they are Brandon Aiyuk.

The 49ers were allegedly on the phone with a few teams before their first-round pick but were unable to complete a deal. Instead, the team took Florida wide receiver Ricky Pearsall with the 31st overall pick and appear to still be working the phones to find a taker for one of their veteran wide receivers. According to Silver, it seems more likely they will now be flipping Deebo than Aiyuk. Of course, this is all speculation at this point, and we have almost 20 hours to go until the draft kicks up for Day Two and we get some answers.

4 minutes ago, derp said:

This has always made more sense. Aiyuk is younger, banged up less, and an excellent player.

Found it interesting that they're open to trading either one,

I like Aiyuk, asking price/compemsation is probably pretty steep, I would imagine.

We have threads about "Jets should trade fo X WR" about literally every big name WR that has ever been in the NFL, lol.

It's not happening.  JD isn't trading for any of this big name, huge dollar guys.  

Start looking at 2nd, 3rd and 4th round WR's tonight, that's the best we can hope for.

As it is, it looks more and more like we're going to see alot of Lazard this year for us.....Gipson too.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

We have threads about "Jets should trade fo X WR" about literally every big name WR that has ever been in the NFL, lol.

It's not happening.  JD isn't trading for any of this big name, huge dollar guys.  

Start looking at 2nd, 3rd and 4th round WR's tonight, that's the best we can hope for.

As it is, it looks more and more like we're going to see alot of Lazard this year for us.....Gipson too.

Agree about additions.

He was a huge disappointment last year,  bit I still don’t see the problem with Lazard as the 3, sorry. That’s exactly what he is.

I still think they will add depth in the draft too.

16 minutes ago, slats said:

Deebo has a $21M salary this year. That’s quite a bit for a guy who had one great season three years ago. 

Agreed. No thank you to him. I’d rather Aiyuk. But it’s pointless. We can’t afford either of them. Just have to hope we move up today to get a guy. Franklin is the guy I want. But I don’t think we have the firepower to move up and get him in the 1st 10-15 picks tonight.

• Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The very next pick the Jets make, whether they trade up or stay put, will almost certainly be a WR.

As I said earlier (in another thread) I believe Aaron Rodgers will get a lot more production out of Lazard & Gipson then Z. Wilson did.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, slats said:

Deebo has a $21M salary this year. That’s quite a bit for a guy who had one great season three years ago. 

I would be pissed if my team traded anything for him with that salary

He has 1500 yards in the last 2 seasons, that is not worth 20+ million.

21 minutes ago, slats said:

He had 1200 yards from scrimmage this year and 12 TD's.  The NY Jets as a whole, had 18.

Sometimes I feel like you dont like those TD things.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

The very next pick the Jets make, whether they trade up or stay put, will almost certainly be a WR.

As I said earlier (in another thread) I believe Aaron Rodgers will get a lot more production out of Lazard & Gipson then Z. Wilson did.

Lazard is a bum who openly quit on his team the second Rodgers went down.  I want nothing to do with him, he can go **** himself.

Gipson is a JAG, but Jets Fans for some reason just looooooove UDFA JAG WR's.  Trying to relive the Chrebet thing I'd wager.

• Upvote 1

Deebo is an absolute beast and he's great to watch and a true team-guy....but buyer beware. I know he's only 28 but with the pounding that he takes with the way he's used and the style of play he probably only has 1 more good year left if even.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

He had 1200 yards from scrimmage this year and 12 TD's.  The NY Jets as a whole, had 18.

Sometimes I feel like you dont like those TD things.

Dude has never been healthy for an entire season and takes a beating with those RB reps. I love TDs but I also love smart roster construction. Trading draft capital for Deebo at $21M doesn’t translate as smart to me. Love him, exciting player, but again another risky guy. Like with Bowers, I just don’t see it happening. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Lazard is a bum who openly quit on his team the second Rodgers went down.  I want nothing to do with him, he can go **** himself.

Gipson is a JAG, but Jets Fans for some reason just looooooove UDFA JAG WR's.  Trying to relive the Chrebet thing I'd wager.

I can't defend Lazard's actions last season (and will not try to) but, I do believe Rodgers will get something out of him this season.

Gipson has heart & some talent, get him the ball out in space and he can make things happen.

Hard not to pull for a UDFA, that fights his way onto the 53 man roster, but hey, that's just me.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, slats said:

Dude has never been healthy for an entire season and takes a beating with those RB reps. I love TDs but I also love smart roster construction. Trading draft capital for Deebo at $21M doesn’t translate as smart to me. Love him, exciting player, but again another risky guy. Like with Bowers, I just don’t see it happening. 

Not advocating for Deebo but he only gets two carries a game and I’m guessing they’re not rb carries

3 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

I can't defend Lazard's actions last season (and will not try to) but, I do believe Rodgers will get something out of him this season.

Gipson has heart & some talent, get him the ball out in space and he can make things happen.

Hard not to pull for a UDFA, that fights his way onto the 53 man roster, but hey, that's just me.

Agree. He can't be any worse. He knows he's going to be a FA again after this season (and not getting $11m/yr) unless he really lights it up this season

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, slats said:

I get it, I was just laughing at the "one great season" comment coming off a 12 TD season.

24 minutes ago, JetsFlyer said:

id prefer moving up for wilson on a rookie contract

Oh what could have been...

Zach Wilson hands off in the backfield to Garrett Wilson who flips to Roman Wilson who runs for the score!

22 minutes ago, slats said:

I believe the cap hits would be $22M this year and $17M next year, but with no guaranteed money on the books next year. Per year we'd be paying him as about the 20th highest paid WR, with an easy clean break next year if necessary. I'd be willing to take the risk and give up one or two of our 3rd-4th rounders for that in an all-in window. No serious long term downside and his contract lines up well with when we'll need to start paying the 2021 draft class.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

https://nypost.com/2024/03/16/sports/jets-had-keenan-allen-trade-conversation-before-bears-deal/

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/jets-offered-trade-jerry-jeudy-browns/3027bcf24c7f86eb3f8194c0

https://sports.yahoo.com/jets-made-attempts-trade-first-043421998.html

JD is on the prowl for a big WR. I wouldn't be so fast to write anything off.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Agree. He can't be any worse. He knows he's going to be a FA again after this season (and not getting $11m/yr) unless he really lights it up this season

AR will get the best out of him, whatever that is. If you look at his 2021 and 2022 seasons, I think we would all sign up for that and be happy,

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ARodJetsFan said:

I do reckon we'll see a very targeted approach - home in on one or two specific guys via trade up, rather than sit tight and "let the draft come to us".

5 minutes ago, jamesr said:

I do reckon we'll see a very targeted approach - home in on one or two specific guys via trade up, rather than sit tight and "let the draft come to us".

I'm good with whatever approach nets us the most value.

You could debate it, either way.

• Sympathy 1

As a Patriot fan, I would prefer Aiyuk, but I wonder what the cost.

I would gladly take Deebo off their hands, but would not give up a Day 1 or 2 pick.  He is worth more, but they are shopping him.

• Sympathy 1

They don't really need Deebo after getting McCaffrey. Since then Deebo isn't their top go-to guy plus over the years he's been banged up significantly. In a way he's damaged goods. They'll ask a lot but in reality his value isn't that high and his contract is thru 2025 and in the 20's. I'd pass on him.

1 hour ago, NYJCAP2 said:

In Harbaugh we trust.

he will regret taking this job-sure he has a team with a good qb but his offense is going to be DREADFUL-before his arrival they had eckler, allen, williams now they are all gone

• Sympathy 1