Mo Wilk

Ghost

Dolphins gave up a franchise record and league leading 58 sacks because the Offensive line prefferred Strip Clubs and Pranks over practice and film study. Not mention an investigation on our locker room. Has nothing to do with our free agency moves. Yet we still had an opportunity to make the playoffs week 17 despite missing 3 starting lineman at one point.

Jets went 8-8 with this dysfunction of an offense. They lost exactly WHO in the off season? Howard? Cromartie? U really think losing the 101 out of 110 ranked CB will derail Jets season? Yeah, he was injured, but that doesn't make a difference to how he ended up playing. And losing Howard wasn't great, but we are probably going to get a better replacement. Jets are essentially at the same talent level they were last year, PLUS experience for this young team. Adding Decker and possibly bringing back Revis can take this team a long way, not to mention the 11 draft picks.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulation to the Dolphins!!! They have won the Free Agency Super Bowl two years in a row!

I never suggested big free agency spending gets you a super bowl. But sitting around with 40 mil in cap and watching every other team fill holes while your team is stagnant should be cause for alarm. 

I never suggested big free agency spending gets you a super bowl. But sitting around with 40 mil in cap and watching every other team fill holes while your team is stagnant should be cause for alarm.

Who did you want us to acquire?

According to an article in todays Sun-Sentinel by your home boy Chris Perkins, Albert is rated the 28th best tackle in the league. But they pd him

$35 mill, 20 guaranteed, over 5 yrs. And he only played a full season once in 6 yrs. good luck with that.

Albert is a Pro Bowl Tackle who is very good in pass pro and was recently coming off his best season. He was also regarded as the best LT available in free agency and we got him.  I'd much rather pay Albert than draft another 1st round Left Tackle or search for a K-Mart blue light special.

Every other team except for the following:

GB, DET, STL, DAL, CAR, KC, NYJ, NE, HOU, BALT, SEA, CIN

Stay tuned phagfan4life, you will be impressed, and sad, soon.

You can still savage free agency but I doubt your GM has the balls to do it. Revis is absolutely do able with cap space you have and that move would instantly put you guys in playoff contention this year and make every AFC East rival sad. I thought Byrd to the Jets was a no brainer considering your lack of talent at the postion and Byrd's familarity with Rex's D.  If Revis can't be had then I'd move my attention to Ware. The jets have been dying for an OLB that can produce double digit sacks year in and year out. Rex has already proved he can win with a sh*t QB. Load up on D.

You can still savage free agency but I doubt your GM has the balls to do it. Revis is absolutely do able with cap space you have and that move would instantly put you guys in playoff contention this year and make every AFC East rival sad. I thought Byrd to the Jets was a no brainer considering your lack of talent at the postion and Byrd's familarity with Rex's D.  If Revis can't be had then I'd move my attention to Ware. The jets have been dying for an OLB that can produce double digit sacks year in and year out. Rex has already proved he can win with a sh*t QB. Load up on D.

DeMarcus Ware signed with Denver yesterday, but thank you so much for stopping by with your Insider wisdom.

Every other team except for the following:

GB, DET, STL, DAL, CAR, KC, NYJ, NE, HOU, BALT, SEA, CIN

LOL as if your on the level of GB, Car, NE, Hou, Balt, Sea and Cin. Those teams can afford to sit around. Anyways those teams aren't 40 mil under the cap.  

LOL as if your on the level of GB, Car, NE, Hou, Balt, Sea and Cin. Those teams can afford to sit around. 

No, but it just is funny watching the crux of your argument (everyone snapping up FA's) fail miserably. We're still good enough to beat you 1.5x/year on average for the past decade, so that can't exactly speak well of Miami.

I didn't hear anything confirmed. I know they have the first crack, but I think he would be intrigues playing for a Defensive guy like Rex.  Link?

Go back to your local forum and send someone back who can actually talk football with a shred of knowledge about the game. You're a terrible ambassador 

u would like that wouldn't you, load up on dee, which we are already pretty good at, and by-pass the crap offense we showed last year. We get a cover cb,

whether it is Revis or not, and our dee will be pretty f'ing good. Enjoy your fa championship cause you guys will be in the cellar this year.

BTW, not all teams screw the pooch on draft day (see dolfan history). I wouldn't worry to much about the the Jets, at least not till the season starts.

No, but it just is funny watching the crux of your argument (everyone snapping up FA's) fail miserably. We're still good enough to beat you 1.5x/year on average for the past decade, so that can't exactly speak well of Miami.

Know how I know your team stinks? You think exactly how i use to when beating the jets was just goof enough for me.

I think our guard positions was a priority before Howard left to Oakland, now we got to add RT to that situation. If that cocksucker took 2 less million to go to a situation like Oakland, then he can blow me.

howard called idziks bluff, nothing more

u would like that wouldn't you, load up on dee, which we are already pretty good at, and by-pass the crap offense we showed last year. We get a cover cb,

whether it is Revis or not, and our dee will be pretty f'ing good. Enjoy your fa championship cause you guys will be in the cellar this year.

BTW, not all teams screw the pooch on draft day (see dolfan history). I wouldn't worry to much about the the Jets, at least not till the season starts.

Would you rather pay Decker or pay Revis? You would rather pay Ware or pay Golden Tate? Or would you rather just pay nobody like Izdik lol

lol at being irrelevant since Dan Marino retired.

What do you want your Jets to do? You want them to sit back and sign bargain bin values?You know it's ok to spend some of that money on a good player. Not every signing has to be a super ultra bargain value. Some teams do sign good players to big deals. I swear man, it does happen.

What do you want your Jets to do? You want them to sit back and sign bargain bin values?

I want to do the exact opposite of the Dolphins FA strategy that has worked so terribly over the past 15 years (which may or may not be masterminded by Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony)

Jets went 8-8 with this dysfunction of an offense. They lost exactly WHO in the off season? Howard? Cromartie? U really think losing the 101 out of 110 ranked CB will derail Jets season? Yeah, he was injured, but that doesn't make a difference to how he ended up playing. And losing Howard wasn't great, but we are probably going to get a better replacement. Jets are essentially at the same talent level they were last year, PLUS experience for this young team. Adding Decker and possibly bringing back Revis can take this team a long way, not to mention the 11 draft picks.

As of right now your roster is worse then last years. And with 40 mil you could have easily signed a very good player to contract instead of this Kmart blue light special approach.

What do you want your Jets to do? You want them to sit back and sign bargain bin values?You know it's ok to spend some of that money on a good player. Not every signing has to be a super ultra bargain value. Some teams do sign good players to big deals. I swear man, it does happen.

Nice edit

Paging Brandon Marshall lol   oh right he's on Chicago already putting up career numbers

You guys are so full of it. 40 mil in cap space and you haven't made a move yet. I think Idzik has a 25% off coupon for a 4th tier Cornerback he's waiting to use.  Tannebaum used to hit Free agency hard, sprinkled in with some draft picks and you guys made 2 AFC championship appearances. I'd be VERY discouraged watching all these names come off the board knowing we have tons of holes and 40 mil in cap. Last year you went 8-8 with no help from Izdik. Rex worked a small miracle.

Look at  what all those big moves you guys made last season did for your team!!!

Oh yeah, wait, the sh*tty Jets knocked you out of the playoffs. 

Carry on.

As of right now your roster is worse then last years. And with 40 mil you could have easily signed a very good player to contract instead of this Kmart blue light special approach.

Paging Reggie Bush

Oh wait, putting up career numbers in Detroit now...lol

one more for the fin fan:

Last year the Jets had 8 new starters on defense, and no-one to catch, throw or run the ball. AND STILL BEAT THE FINS WITH THEIR WHOLE SEASON ON THE LINE. I think our FA's from last year and our draft did a pretty good job, how did yours turn-out?

Archived