Reading Collision Low Crossers (finally). Reads like the preface to a eulogy. My egomaniacal thoughts.

T0mShane

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm. Maybe i've watched usual suspects too many time. 

Same arguments he made for Herm Edwards, Eric Mangini, Mark Sanchez, Kerry Rhodes, Dewayne Robertson, and Vernon Gholston. I don't think bit intends to troll, I think he just talks himself into these same talking points every time the sh*t hits the fan because there's enough of a lag between instances to remember the last time.

Same arguments he made for Herm Edwards, Eric Mangini, Mark Sanchez, Kerry Rhodes, Dewayne Robertson, and Vernon Gholston. I don't think bit intends to troll, I think he just talks himself into these same talking points every time the sh*t hits the fan because there's enough of a lag between instances to remember the last time.

Where will we ever find another coach that can be .500 for the Jets? This job is not attractive in the least. People that prefer not to put their name to it tell fans that Rex is doing a great job with what he has.

Interesting, for the Rex-wanted-Cro set:

During the 2010 season, Cromartie was at times an excellent Jets cornerback. He was also prone to strange lapses in coverage, especially when he played off the line of scrimmage.

It was difficult for the coaches watching film to understand his tendency to drop back several yards before the snap, which allowed receivers free release, since Cromartie’s long arms gave him excellent leverage to control his opponents at the line, diverting them before they set off on their pass routes. That somebody could be so good at something and yet so resistant to doing it that he exposed himself to public failure baffled the coaches.

You could find very few instances on NFL film when a defensive player avoided contact. You had to look to other sports to find an analogue. As Sutton said, “Cro’s like an NBA player who hates to play defense.” After watching film of Cromartie ducking a tackle, just as he’d done as a Charger, the coaches, thunderstruck, would say things like “He’d already made his one for the day” and “Cro is a visual deterrent!” In the winter of 2011, Cro was a free agent, and the coaches were ambivalent. They wanted Tannenbaum to sign him back, and at the same time, they dreaded it.

Archived