Veteran QB

redman81

I really feel like unless something crazy happens like Vick getting hurt and Simms blowing us away we need to look towards a free agent/trade, proven veteran QB in the future. I know if we suck bad enough we can draft someone like Mariota or Winston, but I'm tired of waiting for solid/consistent QB play. I just want to be able to watch a Jets game and have confidence my QB isn't going to be the only reason we lose a lot of games, and drafting another young QB will just run us down that road again.  Either that or I'm going to have to hit the bottle to make these games tolerable.

I really feel like unless something crazy happens like Vick getting hurt and Simms blowing us away we need to look towards a free agent/trade, proven veteran QB in the future. I know if we suck bad enough we can draft someone like Mariota or Winston, but I'm tired of waiting for solid/consistent QB play. I just want to be able to watch a Jets game and have confidence my QB isn't going to be the only reason we lose a lot of games, and drafting another young QB will just run us down that road again. Either that or I'm going to have to hit the bottle to make these games tolerable.

Do you mean to tell me you haven't hit the bottle yet?

Yeah I agree. Even if the Jets draft a good QB prospect, they should sign a veteran QB next year as well. It's possible Geno comes back to life with new coaching though. I also think they need to build a dominant OL and try to find a young RB in the draft to go with Powell and Ivory or perhaps even take over as starter.

Neil O'Donnell is available again we all know how that worked out what veteran QB is available that would come here and lead this team to a Super Bowl

We missed out on Luck,Brady,Mannings,Kapernick,Flacco and none of them are coming here

So who do you mean?

No one in particular off hand, just not sure I can take another young QB and I don't think there's any sure shots coming out this yr. Just feel like I'd like to see Jets try to make a trade or pick up a veteran QB and go that path for now.

No one in particular off hand, just not sure I can take another young QB and I don't think there's any sure shots coming out this yr. Just feel like I'd like to see Jets try to make a trade or pick up a veteran QB and go that path for now.

Mariota is the only QB coming out that will be an NFL star.

I really feel like unless something crazy happens like Vick getting hurt and Simms blowing us away we need to look towards a free agent/trade, proven veteran QB in the future. I know if we suck bad enough we can draft someone like Mariota or Winston, but I'm tired of waiting for solid/consistent QB play. I just want to be able to watch a Jets game and have confidence my QB isn't going to be the only reason we lose a lot of games, and drafting another young QB will just run us down that road again.  Either that or I'm going to have to hit the bottle to make these games tolerable.

Jets (Rex) should have signed a real veteran QB 5 years ago. Jets evaluation of their QB talent is and has been Pitiful under Rex. Where would this team be with at least decent QB play.

Archived