Could Sanchez's Success be the Final Nail in Idzik's Coffin?

Jettington

Lost in all of the chaos this season has brought us is an unresolved issue from last season.

Who's call was it to let Sanchez go?

I don't think I've ever heard this issue addressed and it has been largely irrelevant until now. Rex's MO has been such that he'd stick up for any of his players so I find it hard to believe he actively wanted Sanchez out; it seems like solely an Idzik move with maybe a neutral/passive acceptance stance from Woody. Idzik comes in, doesn't see much in Sanchez, drafts his own guy, cuts Sanchez in the off-season to save money... seems like a likely scenario to me.

But considering how Geno has just imploded, and Sanchez now looks like he might be better than ever, is this final humiliation enough for Woody to pull the plug on Idzik after two years if all of this is the case?

If Sanchez leads the Eagles to the playoffs playing at a high level things are going to get interesting. This would be the second time Woody has been humiliated like this, first when cutting Pennington for Favre came back to bite us, just like it's now starting to look like cutting Sanchez to commit to Geno has come back to bite us.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

more of an indictment of rex. rex failed to develop him for 5 years. idzik had to decide on a very highly paid player coming off an injury. idzik only knew what rex had made sanchez into. this one is a bag of flaming sh*t at rex's front door.

more of an indictment of rex. rex failed to develop him for 5 years. idzik had to decide on a very highly paid player coming off an injury. idzik only knew what rex had made sanchez into. this one is a bag of flaming sh*t at rex's front door.

But wasn't drafting Geno in the 2nd round (months before Sanchez got injured) a clear sign that Idzik saw Geno as the QB of the future?

Can't tell if you're serious but if you are than all objectivity from the haters has been lost.

Yeah...  it's Rex' fault. 

wow.

But wasn't drafting Geno in the 2nd round (months before Sanchez got injured) a clear sign that Idzik saw Geno as the QB of the future?

again idzik only knew what rex had done with sanchez--garbage.

i hate idzik too, but sanchez is rex's mess.

again idzik only knew what rex had done with sanchez--garbage.

i hate idzik too, but sanchez is rex's mess.

"only knew"? This is supposed to be someone who can be a GM, GM's are supposed to be able to make their own assessments of players around the league and actually do some analysis instead of acting like their player assessments come from nasty comments about the player on twitter! Sanchez wasn't garbage with Rex, he just wasn't good enough, that was always the complaint, that he wasn't living up to that high pick status. 

who do you blame? pick a corpse from underneath the rex bus.

About 5 of us screamed for the Jets to surround Sanchez with weapons and an O-line for 2 years and we were mocked and told "Sanchez sucks"..  There was even 200 page thread about it and everything.

The only ones that are surprised by tonights game are those who developed an irrational hatred of Mark and screamed from the mountain tops to get him off the team.  Well you got what you wanted.  How did that taste?

In a couple years we'll have this same thread when Rex is getting a first round bye with a real QB and you guys will blame Idzik if he's still here..  or Woody for not having a good GM in place for Rex..  or some other nonsense.

"only knew"? This is supposed to be someone who can be a GM, GM's are supposed to be able to make their own assessments of players around the league and actually do some analysis instead of acting like their player assessments come from nasty comments about the player on twitter! Sanchez wasn't garbage with Rex, he just wasn't good enough, that was always the complaint, that he wasn't living up to that high pick status. 

yeah idzik sucks too. what are we arguing about again lol. rex and sanchez horrendous match (now we know rex and any QB a horrendous match). idzik stuck with rex so...

About 5 of us screamed for the Jets to surround Sanchez with weapons and an O-line for 2 years and we were mocked and told "Sanchez sucks"..  There was even 200 page thread about it and everything.

The only ones that are surprised by tonights game are those who developed an irrational hatred of Mark and screamed from the mountain tops to get him off the team.  Well you got what you wanted.  How did that taste?

In a couple years we'll have this same thread when Rex is getting a first round bye with a real QB and you guys will blame Idzik if he's still here..  or Woody for not having a good GM in place for Rex..  or some other nonsense.

I got what I wanted? you're confusing me with someone else.

Can't tell if you're serious but if you are than all objectivity from the haters has been lost.

Yeah...  it's Rex' fault. 

wow.

Rex's responsible resides in the fact that he is the HC and responsible for the whole team.  The QB is the most important player and if that player fails to develop that looks poorly on the HC.  Further, it has been proven that over 6 years Rex has not learned to be the HC of the entire team.  It is "his" defense and "the" offense.  Anytime he has input on the offense is to push it toward leather helmet stage.

Plus, it has to be obvious that Rex has had a big impact on the draft the last 6 years.  Any GM with a brain knows that you build the offense around the QB.  You supply the protection and the weapons.  Rex is this defensive genius by reputation.  Why would he need all these high draft picks on defense?  Let him coach up the defense and spend the high picks on offense after you drafted a QB 5th overall and committed $50 million to him.  The Jets didn't do that.

Rex's responsible resides in the fact that he is the HC and responsible for the whole team.  The QB is the most important player and if that player fails to develop that looks poorly on the HC.  Further, it has been proven that over 6 years Rex has not learned to be the HC of the entire team.  It is "his" defense and "the" offense.  Anytime he has input on the offense is to push it toward leather helmet stage.

Plus, it has to be obvious that Rex has had a big impact on the draft the last 6 years.  Any GM with a brain knows that you build the offense around the QB.  You supply the protection and the weapons.  Rex is this defensive genius by reputation.  Why would he need all these high draft picks on defense?  Let him coach up the defense and spend the high picks on offense after you drafted a QB 5th overall and committed $50 million to him.  The Jets didn't do that.

thanks for that. the sunshiners have caught their breath and are itchin to resume the fight. guys are like cock-a-roaches

yeah idzik sucks too. what are we arguing about again lol. rex and sanchez horrendous match (now we know rex and any QB a horrendous match). idzik stuck with rex so...

The issue for this thread is #1 speculating as to who made the decision to cut Sanchez, and #2 if it was Idzik, if Geno's implosion and Sanchez's resurgence are the last straw and will lead to his firing.

The issue for this thread is #1 speculating as to who made the decision to cut Sanchez, and #2 if it was Idzik, if Geno's implosion and Sanchez's resurgence are the last straw and will lead to his firing.

yeah well if you ask the wrong question i answer a different one

Oh look, it's another not-so-subtle "let's shift the blame away from Rex" thread.

Sanchez would still be buttfumbling if he were playing for Rex. If anything, it just goes to show he's incapable of developing a QB, and that players who supposedly "suck" under Rex, may actually be quite talented when given the chance to play under a competent HC.

Was it Belichicks fault that the Patriots were near the bottom of the league in defense last year?  Or that they can't develop any WR's worth a sh-t other than shifty, diminutive white guys?

Replace Tom Brady with Geno Smith and what is the Patriots record?

rex has now failed with 2 highly-drafted QBs. in this league you usually only get one strike. woody gave dr. scholls 2.

Look it's much more plausible to blame Rex on an undisciplined team, Coples out of position and late TD's before a half than blaming him for Sanchez's suckage.

Oh look, it's another not-so-subtle "let's shift the blame away from Rex" thread.

Sanchez would still be buttfumbling if he were playing for Rex. If anything, it just goes to show he's incapable of developing a QB, and that players who supposedly "suck" under Rex, may actually be quite talented when given the chance to play under a competent HC.

it's pretty funny. i look forward to seeing what they come up with tomorrow. this can't be their best shot. the game just ended they have to get together and come up with their strategy. i think we are just the focus group.

This has nothing to do with Rex, I'm already assuming he will be fired. This is about finding out who was it that ultimately pulled the trigger on cutting Sanchez. I don't think it was Rex because of how much he stood by him, and I doubt he really wanted to start over with a rookie and would have much rather had Sanchez start the 2013 season.

But we have to consider how other people might have assessed Sanchez, perhaps some people in the league saw the talent and that it wasn't being developed under Rex (maybe Chip saw this). But my point is that if this was an Idzik decision, what does that say about his ability to evaluate talent if he chose to start over with Geno as his guy and basically vote Sanchez off the island from the start?? Sanchez's days were numbered as soon as Geno was drafted, it seems Idzik had already made up his mind.

For the record: I think this franchise needs a totally new regime at GM and HC to succeed right now.

This has nothing to do with Rex, I'm already assuming he will be fired. This is about finding out who was it that ultimately pulled the trigger on cutting Sanchez. I don't think it was Rex because of how much he stood by him, and I doubt he really wanted to start over with a rookie and would have much rather had Sanchez start the 2013 season.

But we have to consider how other people might have assessed Sanchez, perhaps some people in the league saw the talent and that it wasn't being developed under Rex (maybe Chip saw this). But my point is that if this was an Idzik decision, what does that say about his ability to evaluate talent if he chose to start over with Geno has his guy and basically vote Sanchez off the island from the start??

Dude he was cut for 1 reason.  The fans wanted him out.   

But we have to consider how other people might have assessed Sanchez, perhaps some people in the league saw the talent and that it wasn't being developed under Rex (maybe Chip saw this). But my point is that if this was an Idzik decision, what does that say about his ability to evaluate talent if he chose to start over with Geno has his guy and basically vote Sanchez off the island from the start??

sanchez had a huge salary and was coming off a shoulder tear and had 5 years of game tape showing the suck under rex. nailing idzik to the cross for making that move is ridiculous. and again this is coming from a guy who thinks idzik sucks.

Archived