Will you root for Rex if he becomes another team's HC?

TuscanyTile2

There's going to be a lot of job openings in  the NFL next off-season.  Does anyone really think Rex is worse than Jay Gruden?

Gruden was hired because the Skins thought he could make RGIII a legit pocket QB.  His offensive scheme is good but he has bundled the QB position and failed at addressing the OL.  

Would you hire Rex as your HC?

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fired retreads get 2nd chances  in this league so it's possible. the bengals hired bruce coslett after the jets fired him

that's why his agent is already leaking all the stories about idzik making him do this and that

I don't dislike the guy personally, just don't like how he coaches the jets

so I could cheer for him of he was an NFC coach, sure why not

I'd be amazed if he ever gets a sniff at another HC job. 

Seriously, the dude makes the same in game mistakes he always has.

There is the same not holding players accountable along with the team simply not showing up too many times.

Rex teams celebrate minor victories like going 8-8. Our owner succumbs to his HC's clown fan appeal and keeps him while ignoring that 8-8 may have been a play-off season had we not played our best QB late in a meaningless pre-season game.

He'll get his share of DC offers but competent GM's and owners will not go near him as a HC.

Love him for the game plan he designed up in NE in the 2010 play-offs but not much else.

Things are so bad that even Jets fans fabricate stories to make the organization look worse than it already does.  At no point did the team celebrate going 8-8. The team was celebrating the return of the only head coach to lead them deep in to the playoffs in the past billion years.  I'd expect Pats fans to spread this stuff, but now we have Jets fans doing it.

IMO the Sanchez fiasco is more Idz doing than Rex. Why else would Sanchez go after him and not Rex afterwards?

Rex will get another chance if guys like Kotite, Crennel, and Mangini get second chances. No doubt he needs to clean up some things, but I think it will happen.

Said this a few weeks ago too.  Sanchez lit up Idzik in the locker room after that game but he's still the first guy to message Rex's kid when he gets hurt.  Sanchez being in that game was a result of Idzik pushing Geno on Rex IMO.  It's the only thing that makes sense.

Said this a few weeks ago too.  Sanchez lit up Idzik in the locker room after that game but he's still the first guy to message Rex's kid when he gets hurt.  Sanchez being in that game was a result of Idzik pushing Geno on Rex IMO.  It's the only thing that makes sense.

Your opinion wouldn't be subjective at all, of course :)

Things are so bad that even Jets fans fabricate stories to make the organization look worse than it already does.  At no point did the team celebrate going 8-8. The team was celebrating the return of the only head coach to lead them deep in to the playoffs in the past billion years.  I'd expect Pats fans to spread this stuff, but now we have Jets fans doing it.

You're right, they didn't give Rex a gatorade shower for beating the mighty Fins last year  :roll:

Rex Ryan is the worst thing to happen to the Jets since the team was founded.

You're right, they didn't give Rex a gatorade shower for beating the mighty Fins last year  :roll:

Rex Ryan is the worst thing to happen to the Jets since the team was founded.

Do you honestly, even in your deepest most Jets/Rex hating football fan heart believe for one second that those players were happy with their 8-8 record, or were they happy for the coach they loved playing for?  Honestly?  And if you think they were celebrating 8-8, why would you continue watching them?  I love the Jets and couldn't envision a scenario in which I'd stop watching, but if I really believed they were imitating a super bowl winning celebration to gloat over an 8-8 record, that just might do it for me.

Do you honestly, even in your deepest most Jets/Rex hating football fan heart believe for one second that those players were happy with their 8-8 record, or were they happy for the coach they loved playing for?  Honestly?  And if you think they were celebrating 8-8, why would you continue watching them?  I love the Jets and couldn't envision a scenario in which I'd stop watching, but if I really believed they were imitating a super bowl winning celebration to gloat over an 8-8 record, that just might do it for me.

Because I'm a masochist.

Hey, they "over"celebrated just making the Championship game. So much so that they came out flat in that game.

This team has a history of over reacting under this HC. Just like the HC himself.

Because I'm a masochist.

That's a trait we all share, we're Jets fans.  Just don't think I could put up with a team thinking they'd accomplished something great by going 8-8 and I don't think they did.  They love Rex.  Maybe they're aware of the history of the organization and they know he led them to more post-season wins than anyone since moses.  It was a nice send off for somebody they cared about.  That doesn't make me mad.

Hey, they "over"celebrated just making the Championship game. So much so that they came out flat in that game.

This team has a history of over reacting under this HC. Just like the HC himself.

LOL...the sad part about that is, you're right, but this HC is the only one in my lifetime they've had something to be excited about in the first place aside from Parcells whose team came out even flatter than Rex's group when they turned it over six or seven times in their AFCCG and rushed for about twelve yards.

That's a trait we all share, we're Jets fans.  Just don't think I could put up with a team thinking they'd accomplished something great by going 8-8 and I don't think they did.  They love Rex.  Maybe they're aware of the history of the organization and they know he led them to more post-season wins than anyone since moses.  It was a nice send off for somebody they cared about.  That doesn't make me mad.

So they were "sending him off" as they told him he was extended?

Do you read what you type?

LOL...the sad part about that is, you're right, but this HC is the only one in my lifetime they've had something to be excited about in the first place aside from Parcells whose team came out even flatter than Rex's group when they turned it over six or seven times in their AFCCG and rushed for about twelve yards.

Yeah, these last 3 years ere great. Give me more of this.

The last three years are the norm for this organization, his first two were the exception.  This franchise is a joke.

Rex's record as a coach is very smilar to many other coaches on thsi team.

Two ACFCGs were nice, but Ryan treated the second one as if it were a scrimmage.

And from that point on, he has continued a failing that has gone over a cliff.

So they were "sending him off" as they told him he was extended?

Do you read what you type?

Do you watch the games?  I do.

Unless I'm mistaken, the gatorade happened before the extension announcement so at the time the players didn't know Rex's fate.

If the gatorade bath took place in the locker room then I apologize, but I thought it happened before the team was told he was coming back.

Of course they do, he lets them do whatever the hell they want. It's why we're an undisciplined squad that never leans from our mistakes. I could care less how much the players 'love' their HC; I'd much rather have a coach like Belichick who's despised by his players but wins.

Rex's record as a coach is very smilar to many other coaches on thsi team.

Two ACFCGs were nice, but Ryan treated the second one as if it were a scrimmage.

And from that point on, he has continued a failing that has gone over a cliff.

Like a scrimmage?  What was it about the preparation in practice leading up to the game and his pre-game locker room speeches and weekly meetings that gave you that impression?  I wasn't privy to that info.

Do you watch the games?  I do.

Unless I'm mistaken, the gatorade happened before the extension announcement so at the time the players didn't know Rex's fate.

If the gatorade bath took place in the locker room then I apologize, but I thought it happened before the team was told he was coming back.

There was no extension until Januarey. Both sides have to come to agreement. Yes, the Jets were celebrating another year of "club Med". 

Of course they do, he lets them do whatever the hell they want. It's why we're an undisciplined squad that never leans from our mistakes. I could care less how much the players 'love' their HC; I'd much rather have a coach like Belichick who's despised by his players but wins.

Right...not a single player on that team cares about winning.  Not a single one.  All 53 guys just want to hang out and pick up a check.  When guys like D'Brick and DeMario Davis come out and say Rex deserves to come back it's because they lack character and work ethic and they want to keep getting their naps at halftime.

There was no extension until Januarey. Both sides have to come to agreement. Yes, the Jets were celebrating another year of "club Med". 

When was it announced to the team that he would be extended?  I'll tell you because you'd probably stopped watching by that  point..it was in the locker room after the last game of the season.  Woody, Idzik, and Rex have all said that Rex was told in the days leading up to the game that he would be returning, and the players were told after the game in the LR.  The players doused Rex when the game ended as a sendoff, then they celebrated the news in the locker room.  

Right...not a single player on that team cares about winning.  Not a single one.  All 53 guys just want to hang out and pick up a check.  When guys like D'Brick and DeMario Davis come out and say Rex deserves to come back it's because they lack character and work ethic and they want to keep getting their naps at halftime.

I never said they don't care about winning, but the environment that Rex fosters encourages an atmosphere of complacency. 

The way they played the first half, and quotes from players themselves.

No Sh*t?  Players said during the week that Rex treated it like a scrimmage?  Wow...pretty damning stuff that must have been covered up by the media to save Rex because nobody reads the papers or internet if there are no Rex quotes in there.

In this case, I apologize...the scrimmage comments were hidden before I saw them.

When was it announced to the team that he would be extended?  I'll tell you because you'd probably stopped watching by that  point..it was in the locker room after the last game of the season.  Woody, Idzik, and Rex have all said that Rex was told in the days leading up to the game that he would be returning, and the players were told after the game in the LR.  The players doused Rex when the game ended as a sendoff, then they celebrated the news in the locker room.  

Here is a little clue for you-You can't extend a contract until both sides come to agreement. This is a thing called negotiation. You think the jets only extend Rex under their own terms?

C'mon.

Archived