Has David Harris Played his Final Game as a New York Jet?

JetNation

Well, you need guys like that. You can't have eleven 23 year old athletes in your starting lineup. Besides, who do you replace him with? Look for a replacement first, the options you have, before you decide to get rid of somebody. We already made that mistake when we let Cro walk...to replace him with a worse and more injury prone player for basically the same money. You're not gonna find an experienced linebacker that doesn't make a whole lot of money who can also cover well and lead your defense, call the plays, get everybody lined up etc.

But I agree, if he doesn't take a hometown discount let him walk and replace him with a similar guy who isn't as proven. They'll come in cheap. If Rex ends up in Atlanta I think he overpays for Harris.

Moving to a 4-3 would help with the loss of Harris. That and signing Suh

I like him as a good team leader. But the problem is, he's slow and is one of the reason why we can't cover TEs. If he's willing to take about $5m max, I'd be ok with it. He may be looking at 7-8 mil per, which would be too much for him.

Thing is, we are not in a cap strapped year. But this is exactly the kind of year that can put in him cap trouble in the future years if we don't spend wisely.

Harris will be lucky to get 1/2 that. The guy is a two down LB, If he gets 3 years and 10 mill he should count his blessings. 

Archived