Just wasn't our year & thank god for that!

Jetster

Looking back on the season there were so many things going on to derail the season.

Lame duck Coach: everyone knew it was do or die for Rex

Michael Vick: the guy stole 5 million from Woody. His body language screamed, don't want to play just want to get paid.

Geno named starter by default again. No way that happens 3 years in a row!

The Milliner & McDougle injuries. Killers, especially with Patterson going AWOL. Just think about that for a second, that would be like the Pats losing Revis & Butler in camp & Browner goes AWOL, lol.

Not that our players were that good but you can't lose 3 corners & compete with guys off the street.

MM: OMG were Eagles fans right about this guy! It's like he picks plays out of a hat, absolutely no feel for situational football (be shocked if he gets hired as OC somewhere in 2015).

Special Teams coach: an absolute SH*TSHOW on specials!

Pre-Snap penalties: have we ever been that bad? Colon had to be a league leader.

So unlike the end of 2013 when Rex head was taken off of the chopping block, not one piece of sh*t missed hitting the fan & luckily for all of us Woody went outside of the organization to REAL FOOTBALL people for answers. It took Woody a while to come to his senses but seeking out Casserly & Wolf might just get the Jets back on track.

Todd Bowles: players coach with more disciplined approach who will play no favorites when it comes to who dresses on Sundays. Detail oriented (complete opposite of Rex) in that sense. Parcells tree but innovative in his own right. Did one helluva job in Arizona with huge amount of injuries on defense. Best part of him is I see a guy that will put in system to develop players.

New GM: 1st move was to cut the cancer out of this team that was Terry Bradway! Finally someone who had the chestnuts to can a guy that took a kicker (Nugent) in the 2nd round, moved up for Dwayne Robertson, and then leaked to everyone that would listen that he liked Russell Wilson. Had his resume not been so bad in the past maybe someone would have listened to him. Good Riddance!

Chan Gailey: hey I'm not under some illusion that Chan is GREAT. But, we finally have an OC that will put in an offense that fits our personnel. Gaileys 1st move might be for CJ Spiller, it's about time the Jets finally take offense seriously! Decker proved he belongs, maybe Crabtree comes here? Iupati? I think Chan will have a plan, no more square pegs in round holes. This Jets offensive personnel has been a Frankenstein monster for way too long with absolutely no identity (just review the 2 Miami games from 2014).

The draft class unknowns? Who knows what we have? McDougle got hurt. Reilly? IK? Enunwa? Dozier? Shaq? It's really a mystery at this point but let's hope a couple years down the road we look back at Idziks 2014 draft & say, "hey, it wasn't that bad,lol."

50 million to spend & smart people in place to spend it!

High draft picks in each round! Every year I have some optimism, you have to to be a Jet fan but I have never been this optimistic since right after 2010 when I thought Sanchez might solve our QB problems.

This really will be the most exciting era of Jets football starting in 2015. A completely new fresh start with all new faces & what looks like a great deal of knowledge.

Bill Polian was asked on The NFL Insiders what team put together the best GM/Coaching staff & he didn't hesitate & said the New York Jets.

It was like music to my ears!

If everyone recalls early on from mid to late season this year Bowles was touted as the best Coordinator to hire as a HC. The fact that we got the best prospect from this year coordinator crop is very good and speaks volumes. Sure there were coaches out there with HC experience i.e Marone, Kubiak, etc. but they mostly are knowns for what they did with their former teams as HCs and may have only so much upside whereas the coordinators like Bowls are knows at their level but as HCs may have much greater upsides like a John Harbaugh. 

If everyone recalls early on from mid to late season this year Bowles was touted as the best Coordinator to hire as a HC. The fact that we got the best prospect from this year coordinator crop is very good and speaks volumes. Sure there were coaches out there with HC experience i.e Marone, Kubiak, etc. but they mostly are knowns for what they did with their former teams as HCs and may have only so much upside whereas the coordinators like Bowls are knows at their level but as HCs may have much greater upsides like a John Harbaugh.

That might be a good comparison, (Harbaugh), Bowles is known to be demanding. I'll tell you what will be interesting will be what he does with Coples. It's about time we stop trying to use 285LB guys as LBs.

Look at the difference Collins made for the Patriots when the slower Mayo went down with injury. We have got to put a bunch of speedy guys behind this very good defensive line.

It's mind boggling how few turnovers this Rex led defense caused over the last 2 years.

Or how many presnap penalties this team had. Jets under Rex were a really sloppy team since 2011. I don't see Bowles putting up with sloppy unintelligent play.

That might be a good comparison, (Harbaugh), Bowles is known to be demanding. I'll tell you what will be interesting will be what he does with Coples. It's about time we stop trying to use 285LB guys as LBs.

Look at the difference Collins made for the Patriots when the slower Mayo went down with injury. We have got to put a bunch of speedy guys behind this very good defensive line.

It's mind boggling how few turnovers this Rex led defense caused over the last 2 years.

Or how many presnap penalties this team had. Jets under Rex were a really sloppy team since 2011. I don't see Bowles putting up with sloppy unintelligent play.

Mayo is faster than Collins. 

Mayo's time is below

40 Yard Dash: 4.54 seconds 20 Yard Dash: 2.58 seconds 10 Yard Dash:

1.50 seconds

Collins combine #s are

40 Yard Dash: *4.64 seconds 20 Yard Dash: (N/A) seconds 10 Yard Dash:

(N/A) seconds

Mayo is one of the fastest sideline to sideline LBs in the league.  Mayo played ILB and Collins on the outside, Collins can cover and blitz better but he is not as fast or as instinctive. .

Mayo is faster than Collins. 

Mayo's time is below

40 Yard Dash:

4.54 seconds

20 Yard Dash:

2.58 seconds

10 Yard Dash:

1.50 seconds

Collins combine #s are

40 Yard Dash:

*4.64 seconds

20 Yard Dash:

(N/A) seconds

10 Yard Dash:

(N/A) seconds

Mayo is one of the fastest sideline to sideline LBs in the league.  Mayo played ILB and Collins on the outside, Collins can cover and blitz better but he is not as fast or as instinctive. .

Maybe before all his injuries! There is no way that Jerod Mayo is as fast as Collins right now!

Looking back on the season there were so many things going on to derail the season.

Lame duck Coach: everyone knew it was do or die for Rex

Michael Vick: the guy stole 5 million from Woody. His body language screamed, don't want to play just want to get paid.

Geno named starter by default again. No way that happens 3 years in a row!

The Milliner & McDougle injuries. Killers, especially with Patterson going AWOL. Just think about that for a second, that would be like the Pats losing Revis & Butler in camp & Browner goes AWOL, lol.

Not that our players were that good but you can't lose 3 corners & compete with guys off the street.

MM: OMG were Eagles fans right about this guy! It's like he picks plays out of a hat, absolutely no feel for situational football (be shocked if he gets hired as OC somewhere in 2015).

Special Teams coach: an absolute SH*TSHOW on specials!

Pre-Snap penalties: have we ever been that bad? Colon had to be a league leader.

So unlike the end of 2013 when Rex head was taken off of the chopping block, not one piece of sh*t missed hitting the fan & luckily for all of us Woody went outside of the organization to REAL FOOTBALL people for answers. It took Woody a while to come to his senses but seeking out Casserly & Wolf might just get the Jets back on track.

Todd Bowles: players coach with more disciplined approach who will play no favorites when it comes to who dresses on Sundays. Detail oriented (complete opposite of Rex) in that sense. Parcells tree but innovative in his own right. Did one helluva job in Arizona with huge amount of injuries on defense. Best part of him is I see a guy that will put in system to develop players.

New GM: 1st move was to cut the cancer out of this team that was Terry Bradway! Finally someone who had the chestnuts to can a guy that took a kicker (Nugent) in the 2nd round, moved up for Dwayne Robertson, and then leaked to everyone that would listen that he liked Russell Wilson. Had his resume not been so bad in the past maybe someone would have listened to him. Good Riddance!

Chan Gailey: hey I'm not under some illusion that Chan is GREAT. But, we finally have an OC that will put in an offense that fits our personnel. Gaileys 1st move might be for CJ Spiller, it's about time the Jets finally take offense seriously! Decker proved he belongs, maybe Crabtree comes here? Iupati? I think Chan will have a plan, no more square pegs in round holes. This Jets offensive personnel has been a Frankenstein monster for way too long with absolutely no identity (just review the 2 Miami games from 2014).

The draft class unknowns? Who knows what we have? McDougle got hurt. Reilly? IK? Enunwa? Dozier? Shaq? It's really a mystery at this point but let's hope a couple years down the road we look back at Idziks 2014 draft & say, "hey, it wasn't that bad,lol."

50 million to spend & smart people in place to spend it!

High draft picks in each round! Every year I have some optimism, you have to to be a Jet fan but I have never been this optimistic since right after 2010 when I thought Sanchez might solve our QB problems.

This really will be the most exciting era of Jets football starting in 2015. A completely new fresh start with all new faces & what looks like a great deal of knowledge.

Bill Polian was asked on The NFL Insiders what team put together the best GM/Coaching staff & he didn't hesitate & said the New York Jets.

It was like music to my ears!

I do not think Chan is great either.  But I am fairly convinced that he will be better than our last 3 OCs, at least.

Archived