Ray Rice

joewilly12

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting thread here, jeeze. If there werent so many good backs available in this draft, I guess maybe you could consider Rice(as he can play all 3 downs and he looked spry last preseason)...but nah.

Rice had a nice career though as a runner coming out of a non-elite football program and not nearly as heralded as the other backs in the 08 class.

Interesting thread here, jeeze. If there werent so many good backs available in this draft, I guess maybe you could consider Rice(as he can play all 3 downs and he looked spry last preseason)...but nah.

Rice had a nice career though as a runner coming out of a non-elite football program and not nearly as heralded as the other backs in the 08 class.

Rutgers has 4 players on the Super Bowl Championship New England Patriots not saying they are elite but non-elite?

Rutgers has 4 players on the Super Bowl Championship New England Patriots not saying they are elite but non-elite?

Just at the time....that draft had a lot of big name backs coming out and Rice wasn't mentioned in that class. The two Arkansas kids sucked.

This is just stupid. 

Just say that you prefer not to have Rice because he's washed up. The "distraction to a locker room" and "most controversial player" position is pointless. Richie Incognito actually did something to a teammate and he was able to land a gig. 

I guess Greg Hardy would be a distraction too right? No way in the world the Jets or any other team would want that potential circus.  

There is not a video of Greg Hardy knocking a woman unconscious. That you refuse to admit that signing Rice would be a media circus is laughable. Ostrich. 

No its not, Vick had shown that his ability had diminished over multiple seasons, even losing his job to a back up Nick Foles before being released by his team for talent reasons. 

Show me where that happened to Ray Rice. And when I say "Show me", I dont mean go on a rant on how you dont feel like its worth signing him for whatever personal reason. I mean really....show me where Ray Rice had a legit offensive line and he couldn't get it done for multiple years, then at the end of the year the Ravens decided to release him. Show me where he lost his starting spot to Bernard Pierce because Pierce was obviously a better back at that point. 

If you can show me something thats even 50% similar to Mike Vick then I'll shut up. You say these things, but we both know you can't back it up. The only thing that you can show me is that Ray Rice had one bad rushing year behind the worst rushing offensive line in football. Thats all you can do. That doesnt establish some sort of clarity about Ray's rushing ability as much as it does the line that was being manhandled the entire year. Be serious here. Im not saying for you to agree with me, thats really not the point here. But Ray Rice is NOT Michael Vick. Michael Vick had Desean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, McCoy and couldn't get it done, then when he got injured we seen a back up take his job and do exactly what Vick couldn't do. <<<That my friend is clearly seeing that a guy is done. 

I didnt see Bernard Pierce out perform Ray Rice in rushing in 2013. Bernard Pierce went from playing in all 16 games in 2012, averaging 4.9 yards per carry to playing all 16 games in 2013, had almost 50 more rushes in 2013 than the year prior, yet his per carry average went from 5 yards per carry in 2012 to 2.9 in 2013. 2.9 YARDS PER CARRY. Pierce lost 2 whole yards per carry running behind that same offensive line that Ray Rice had a hard time rushing behind. Maybe Bernard Pierce is washed up too, because it could NEVER be the fact that their rush blocking was rated the worst in the league right?  

You guys really make me shake my head with the stubbornness. Im waiting for at least one of you guys to say something factual with your opinion like, "maybe it was the line, but I still dont want him". That statement I could run with, because its showing a personal preference. But talking about his lack of ability as being somehow, "clear to see" just shows that you guys dont know what the hell you're talking about. 

Just curious, where are you getting the "worst pass blocking offensive line in the NFL?"

Great post

The hate some members of this board have for players is beyond imaginable no one here knows any of them personally but they spew hate day in and day out over menial issues for the most part. 

These people must be angels who do no wrong in their lives and are good at judging others 

I stand by what I always say the night the Jets win the Super Bowl there will be members here complaining about something

I feel very comfortable judging Ray Rice for punching out his (now) wife, and thinking he's a lowlife dirtbag.

While you feel you still don't have enough information about Ray Rice to form a negative opinion of him, it's possible that others feel they can because their people-judgment skills are better than yours.

No its not, Vick had shown that his ability had diminished over multiple seasons, even losing his job to a back up Nick Foles before being released by his team for talent reasons.

Show me where that happened to Ray Rice. And when I say "Show me", I dont mean go on a rant on how you dont feel like its worth signing him for whatever personal reason. I mean really....show me where Ray Rice had a legit offensive line and he couldn't get it done for multiple years, then at the end of the year the Ravens decided to release him. Show me where he lost his starting spot to Bernard Pierce because Pierce was obviously a better back at that point.

If you can show me something thats even 50% similar to Mike Vick then I'll shut up. You say these things, but we both know you can't back it up. The only thing that you can show me is that Ray Rice had one bad rushing year behind the worst rushing offensive line in football. Thats all you can do. That doesnt establish some sort of clarity about Ray's rushing ability as much as it does the line that was being manhandled the entire year. Be serious here. Im not saying for you to agree with me, thats really not the point here. But Ray Rice is NOT Michael Vick. Michael Vick had Desean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, McCoy and couldn't get it done, then when he got injured we seen a back up take his job and do exactly what Vick couldn't do. <<<That my friend is clearly seeing that a guy is done.

I didnt see Bernard Pierce out perform Ray Rice in rushing in 2013. Bernard Pierce went from playing in all 16 games in 2012, averaging 4.9 yards per carry to playing all 16 games in 2013, had almost 50 more rushes in 2013 than the year prior, yet his per carry average went from 5 yards per carry in 2012 to 2.9 in 2013. 2.9 YARDS PER CARRY. Pierce lost 2 whole yards per carry running behind that same offensive line that Ray Rice had a hard time rushing behind. Maybe Bernard Pierce is washed up too, because it could NEVER be the fact that their rush blocking was rated the worst in the league right?

You guys really make me shake my head with the stubbornness. Im waiting for at least one of you guys to say something factual with your opinion like, "maybe it was the line, but I still dont want him". That statement I could run with, because its showing a personal preference. But talking about his lack of ability as being somehow, "clear to see" just shows that you guys dont know what the hell you're talking about.

Are you Ray Rice's agent?

There is not a video of Greg Hardy knocking a woman unconscious. That you refuse to admit that signing Rice would be a media circus is laughable. Ostrich.

It would be the biggest cluster since the stupid tebow trade and rice would have about as much to contribute on the field this stage of his career. The guy is done.

It would be the biggest cluster since the stupid tebow trade and rice would have about as much to contribute on the field this stage of his career. The guy is done.

I don't know if this is what you meant.  But if you are suggesting that we bring Tebow back then I think that's not a particularly good idea.  He really attracted too much media attention.  And Chan Gailey is known for making QBs work, but I don't know if he would dedicate his entire offense to Tebow.  Then again Decker had some chemistry with Tebow.  And come to think of it the free agents available currently aren't much better.  And it would be cheaper than investing the #6 pick.  You know what, you talked me into it.  Maybe bringing back Tebow isn't that bad of an idea!

Archived