Did this team become a Super Bowl contender ?

JetsFanInDenver

Did we become Super Bowl Contenders  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Did we become Super Bowl Contenders and for how long

• No. We still suck.
    • No. We are still not SB contenders but may make the playoffs.
    • Yes. But our window is going to be for max 2 seasons.
    • Yes. We will be SB contenders for a long time to come.

i honestly really feel we get this QB situation figured out and beast up our oline, then there shouldn't be a reason why we shouldn't be considered contenders for the big game. With what we turned this defense in three days of FA, i cant see how we are not top 5 defense this season. We may have the best secondary, and a d Line that is unbeleivable. Maybe short of solid linebacker that can be fixed with draft. Think of what this defense will look like if pryor alone pans out. Revis, wilkerson, and richardson alone are a wet dream. Now factor in cromartie, buster skrine. Our defense is gona be so exciting this year. Its funny, last year I said to a friend, imagine watching this d line with corners that can actually cover. We didn't go and just get guys who can cover, we got one that shuts down one side of the field, and another arguably considered a top 10 cb. 

On offense, short coming of qb and holes on oline, We are a whole new team.

decker, marshall, amaro, kerly, is the best this roster has had in a long long time. Maybe draft a speedy wr also.

Its a shame cus i honestly feel our real only glaring weakness is at the most important position. This was such a horrible year FA wise and Draft wise for available qbs. We will have such a monster team with one glaring hole. I dont want to hear the "fitzpatrick can hold the fort for the time being". I would feel comfortable if we used this year to groom a solid drafted qb. not gona get my hopes on mariota, but maybe someone else.

I figure it this way, you put even someone like matt ryan or stafford or an eli, a solid avg qb, not elite (save the eli comments lol) Then we are a very dangerous team. Hard to convince your super bowl worthy when we have geno smith or fitzpatrick under center. 

maybe fitz will prove me wrong this season and become a star, i doubt it though.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only reason we sign all these great FA's is because we have the $ available since it's not tied up in a franchise QB.

Thanks to our cap situation and our new and very cool FO, we default to being superior to most teams everywhere except QB.

So if either Geno or Fritz perform at or above the game manager level (above their contract value) then on paper we're a SB contender.  

Also, our schedule looks softer than it has been for quite some time now so, in the immortal words of Bill Murray, we have that going for us.   

I am not as confident.  But I was thinking along those lines as well. And i think it would have been an option i won't have a problem with if it happened.

I also think acquiring Fitz is also a better option that having Vick on the team. So take it for what it's worth.

I am. Not having to go into specifics, if Glennon was able to do what he did in Tampa with one of the worst Olines in the league (and the most penalized) along with a below average running game I can definitely see us as a SB contender with him here. Yes, he's got Jackson and Evans, but at this Point we even have the better Receivers. Vincent Jackson is good, but he's no Brandon Marshall, and I can make the Argument that Mike Evans Looks like he will be great, but at this Point in his Young career he is very Close but not better than Eric Decker. You take Glennon off of a Team that couldnt care less about him, give him to Chan Gailey with a better offensive line, better weapons and a top 3 defense and I am confident that we can make a superbowl run with him.

No team with Ryan Fitzpatrick at the helm can call themselves a legit Super Bowl contender. But with this defense there's no doubt we should contend for a wild card spot.

I agree. Fitzpatrick would be in hog heaven just to make the playoffs. Jets are STILL a QB away from the big dance.

Fitz is at the helm?  Did you break the news to Bowles?  Can they at least get to camp and compete first before you name him the starter? 

Sorry if I didn't point out the fact that no team with Geno Smith at the helm can call themselves a legit Super Bowl contender either.

Listen, hopefully there is a legitimate QB competition in camp and the better man wins. I'd love for that to be Geno because, again, Fitz is a known quantity. If Geno has made great strides in the offseason and surpassed the level of Fitzpatrick then I would be ecstatic. But we've seen zero indication that Geno is poised to make that great of a leap. Fitzpatrick knows Gailey's system and there is familiarity with Maccagnan as well. And early reports have stated that Fitzpatrick is likely the favorite at this point.

I'm not saying that Fitzpatrick will definitely start but I'd say the odds are in his favor at this point.

I agree. Fitzpatrick would be in hog heaven just to make the playoffs. Jets are STILL a QB away from the big dance.

As usual. I'm not in love with Mariota's game but at this point I think you have to strongly consider taking him if he's there. The Brees stuff is a pipe dream and the chances are extremely slim Fitz or Geno will ever be capable of winning a SB with anything short of this defense turning into the '85 Bears.

Take Mariota (if he's there), sit him for at least half the season, and then gear up to make a serious run at it. That's the way I'm leaning at the moment anyway.

I am. Not having to go into specifics, if Glennon was able to do what he did in Tampa with one of the worst Olines in the league (and the most penalized) along with a below average running game I can definitely see us as a SB contender with him here. Yes, he's got Jackson and Evans, but at this Point we even have the better Receivers. Vincent Jackson is good, but he's no Brandon Marshall, and I can make the Argument that Mike Evans Looks like he will be great, but at this Point in his Young career he is very Close but not better than Eric Decker. You take Glennon off of a Team that couldnt care less about him, give him to Chan Gailey with a better offensive line, better weapons and a top 3 defense and I am confident that we can make a superbowl run with him.

I would say all of that is plausible.

Archived