Dark Horse for New York Jets Quarterback

JetBlue

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My point is: that's not happening. I don't see that as a hypothetical, I see it as an impossibility.

The reality is that Simms is the fourth -or maybe even the fifth- QB on the roster right now. He's just not going to get enough reps to outplay anyone. Geno is the incumbent starter, and he needs to learn a new offense. He's gonna get a lot of reps. Fitzpatrick is his only genuine competition, so he's next up with reps once he's healthy. Petty is their hope for the future, so he's going to be getting a lot of attention from the coaches. Is Simms even practice squad eligible anymore? If not, then they'll be looking at Heap to see if he's worthy of a taxi slot. Simms is barely in the mix.

The author of this article is one of those guys who thinks Simms never got a fair shot. Was probably a huge Brooks Bollinger fan back in the day, too. The reality is that Simms has been lucky the Jets gave him a job in football the last few years. He's sat on the practice squad, cleared waivers, no other team showed any interest in him. He's very close to being out of football now.

Okay I can appreciate your view. 

Archived