The Jets have essentially traded themselves right out of the 4th round.

1 minute ago, ARodJetsFan said:

I can see trading down once - but trading down twice - just about completely out of the 4th round?

There was nobody available that they liked with 4th round grades??

Sorry, but I'm scratching my head right now.

Turning a late 4th into a late 3rd(at worst), pre-comp picks is a great move.  Especially if you're operating under the assumption that next year is where we take our big swing on a QB, getting more ammo is a win.  I'm always in favor of moves like this.  

As far as the other trade, it's hard to judge until we know what we walk away with.  The value at least makes sense.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Two 4th's in exchange for a 3rd and two 5th's. If one views 50 spots between the late 4th and 5th as negligible, and depending on the position and year sometimes it is, the third is what justifies it. 

The thing I hate about it all is he went textbook chart with it all and like, come on, Jets are in a do-or-die year and they need players. If they were going to gamble with mid-rounders it's way more easy to stomach if they were ripping others off but they aren't.

• Upvote 2

The first trade was a head scratcher, but better once they flipped it for a 25 3rd (potential trade deadline ammo). The trade with the 9ers makes sense value wise but improbably would have stuck and picked. Let’s see what happens though.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

I can see trading down once - but trading down twice - just about completely out of the 4th round when we had three 4th round picks?

Are we cash-strapped or something?

They traded three times.

8 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I am stoked that the jets drafted braelom allen. Perfect compliment yo breece and a force at the goal line. Plus, he is only 20.

So we're punting on Izzy completely then?

JD now has his Becton replacement in the 1st, his Mims/EMoore replacement in the 3rd, and now his Izzy/Carter replacement in the 4th too?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

The first trade was a head scratcher, but better once they flipped it for a 25 3rd (potential trade deadline ammo). The trade with the 9ers makes sense value wise but improbably would have stuck and picked. Let’s see what happens though.

Thanks I missed that initially, feel a little better about it.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

JD now has his Becton replacement in the 1st, his EMoore replacement in the 3rd, and now his Izzy/Carter replacement in the 4th too?

You need 3 RBs. Quality depth is the goal, but Izzy is more like Breece. Braelon is s big back so he adds a different dimension to the position.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

I can see trading down once - but trading down twice - just about completely out of the 4th round when we had three 4th round picks?

traded themselves out of the 5th round too. right into the comp picks before the 6th. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Greenseed4 said:

1. Traded with GB for a 4th and 6th

2. Traded with DET for future 3rd  

3. Traded with SF for two 5ths

What is interesting about these trades is that is mimics a draft of the good teams with comp picks.  Trading back to the later part of the round and adding more later round picks similar to having late round comp picks. 

The Jets are practicing for future years on how to draft with a later in the round pick and some comp picks. 😉

32 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Does JD think there's a day 4 of the draft?

21 minutes ago, Warfish said:

JD now has his Becton replacement in the 1st, his Mims/EMoore replacement in the 3rd, and now his Izzy/Carter replacement in the 4th too?

Why are they punting on Izzy? 3 RBs will play meaningful snaps

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Warfish said:

totally different type of back. Seems like they're going for complimentary type picks w/Corley & Allen. Both players where we have great starters but different types of players for situational stuff.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If everything goes to plan and the offense is running as we hope, this jets team should be in the top 5 in rushing attempts. Rodgers isn't throwing for 4500-5k yards. 3500-3800 yards seems pretty realistic, this is an offense that will run more than it passes. if this offense runs as it should, there will be a lot of rushing attempts to hand out. The days of RBs getting 400 attempts are gone, you need good depth at the position.

41 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Don’t all draft picks essentially replace someone?  Isn’t that the point?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Corley better be great. "Run Angry" you better get open and catch the football. I am not hot on basically almost D-2 school WR's.

Trade away the whole 4th round for a running back that looks like he runs in mud. Make the 4th round picks and bring in competition for the backend trash on this team. Trade away the highest 4th to move down into the super trash realm, when you trade your next 4th for a 3rd next year.

These moves will get this man fired if Rodgers does not save him.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Two 4th's in exchange for a 3rd and two 5th's. If one views 50 spots between the late 4th and 5th as negligible, and depending on the position and year sometimes it is, the third is what justifies it. 

The thing I hate about it all is he went textbook chart with it all and like, come on, Jets are in a do-or-die year and they need players. If they were going to gamble with mid-rounders it's way more easy to stomach if they were ripping others off but they aren't.

Nobody is breaking the bank to move up in the fourth round.

2 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

Corley better be great. "Run Angry" you better get open and catch the football. I am not hot on basically almost D-2 school WR's.

Trade away the whole 4th round for a running back that looks like he runs in mud. Make the 4th round picks and bring in competition for the backend trash on this team. Trade away the highest 4th to move down into the super trash realm, when you trade your next 4th for a 3rd next year.

These moves will get this man fired if Rodgers does not save him.

Name me a GM who has ever gotten fired the following year BECAUSE he 'didn't hit' on mid to late round picks as defined by significantly contributing their rookie years.

At the top of the 3rd, Corley was a good value pick at a position of need for the Jets, someone who will help the Offense move the chains and complement what Rodgers likes to do.

Instant contributors in the 4th & later rounds tend to be special teams contributors or someone who fills a glaring situational need.  

3 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Name me a GM who has ever gotten fired the following year BECAUSE he 'didn't hit' on mid to late round picks as defined by significantly contributing their rookie years.

At the top of the 3rd, Corley was a good value pick at a position of need for the Jets, someone who will help the Offense move the chains and complement what Rodgers likes to do.

Instant contributors in the 4th & later rounds tend to be special teams contributors or someone who fills a glaring situational need.  

JD's seat is smoldering after today.  What an absolute disaster. Now trading JFM. Rodgers is his only saving grace.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, extmenace said:

If everything goes to plan and the offense is running as we hope, this jets team should be in the top 5 in rushing attempts. Rodgers isn't throwing for 4500-5k yards. 3500-3800 yards seems pretty realistic, this is an offense that will run more than it passes. if this offense runs as it should, there will be a lot of rushing attempts to hand out. The days of RBs getting 400 attempts are gone, you need good depth at the position.

And that hopefully keeps Rodgers healthy. Would still like to see him break 4k yards.

9 minutes ago, Maxman said:

And that hopefully keeps Rodgers healthy. Would still like to see him break 4k yards.

Rodgers has only surpassed 4500 yards once. At his best, he's always been a guy that hovered around the 4k-4200 yard range that killed you in the red zone with his ability to finish drives. At his age, hard to think we'll get prime AR numbers. Hes not what he used to be and people forget that rodgers didn't have a 300 yard game for the last season and a half with the packers. I think if we get what this coaching staff wants, you'll have a high end game manager that can go in and finish drives in the red zone.