Rod Graves leaves Jets to be NFL EXEC. Priçk, another Gooddell minion

Gas2No99

Guess ol John did not listen well but Graves was doing all the contract stuff for the Jets. 

You have no reason to believe that is true.  Literally everything they said he was doing was also being done by Davidson.  Most reports were that Maccagnan was getting rid of him from the start.  We were all surprised he stuck around.  They probably kept him around as a courtesy so he had a job while he interviewed and to provide some continuity until after the draft which is when the real housecleaning is usually done.

In an interview with the Jets' website, Maccagnan explained what Graves is doing as free agency and the draft approach. Maccagnan said Graves and Jacqueline Davidson, the manager of football administration, are handling the salary cap.

Graves and Davidson comprise the Jets' football administration department, according to the team's official staff directory. Davidson also retained her old title. She has been with the Jets since 2007, when Idzik's predecessor, Mike Tannenbaum, was the GM.

There is always the possibility Maccagnan could make more front office changes after the draft. But at this point, Graves and Davidson remain with the Jets.

Graves had interviewed for Washington's GM job this offseason, but didn't get it. After Johnson fired Idzik, the owner put Graves in charge of running football operations until a new GM came on-board.

While detailing the salary cap issues Graves and Davidson are working on, Maccagnan said, "More or less taking all the players we've targeted in free agency and trying to almost set parameters on what we're going to sort of target (with) salary ranges for the players, with all our salary cap space -- to see who we can afford, who we're going to target, where will we even start the negotiations off, and then sort of a higher-end range of where we would feel would be beyond what would be a fair compensation for the player."

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/02/jets_mike_maccagnan_has_retained_john_idziks_pal_r.html

How will we survive?

You have no reason to believe that is true.  Literally everything they said he was doing was also being done by Davidson.  Most reports were that Maccagnan was getting rid of him from the start.  We were all surprised he stuck around.  They probably kept him around as a courtesy so he had a job while he interviewed and to provide some continuity until after the draft which is when the real housecleaning is usually done.

How will we survive?

I won't miss him

Ummm I find it so fascinating that folks think contracts and their planning is soooo difficult.

IMO if that was your career and you were going to be paid say 450K to do it I believe 90% on this board would do it and do it well.

I am not worried about losing Graves, but this is a pretty simplified view.  You want to constantly be jobbing the system so that you can stuff as much as you can under a limited cap.  You also have to consider that it is an adversarial system where you are competing with other teams AND trying to give the player and their agent as little as possible.  90% of this board can't even string a sentence together and has no rational grasp of football.  Something tells me they would get their asses handed to them trying to handle NFL contracts.

Archived