" Former assistant Marty Mornhinweg says Jets underachieved last season " ~ ~ ~

kelly

— Marty Mornhinweg, the former Eagles and Jets offensive coordinator, has taken a step back in his quest to become a head coach again.However, he's not in a bad place as Joe Flacco's quarterback coach for the Baltimore Ravens.Back at the NovaCare Complex Wednesday as the Ravens had the first of three joint practices with the Ravens, Mornhinweg talked about his time in both places."No regrets, shoot,'' Mornhinweg said of his two years in New York under Rex Ryan. "You have Mark (Sanchez) here now. That was one of the reasons I went there in the first place.''

Sanchez, however got hurt during the 2013 preseason and missed the season. He then left as a free agent for the Eagles in 2014."The first year I thought we overachieved by a great deal,'' Mornhinweg said of an 8-8 season. "We had some players that just gutted some things out. We won some games that we probably shouldn't have won. I think we won every close game, but one."The second year one of my concerns was that we could be a better team, but the record wouldn't reflect it. And that's what happened, we lost a lot of close games and underachieved to some extent. And our team wasn't quite as good that second year.''

The Jets finished 4-12 last year and won two of their last three games of the season to get to 4-12. It still cost Ryan and his staff their jobs."The first year we were 8-8, one game out of the playoffs, knocked the Dolphins out of the playoffs,'' Mornhinweg said. "We won three of our last four, had some juice and then all of a sudden the next year we hit a lull and never recovered. But it was a great experience, a great place.''Mornhinweg is with the Ravens and has a Pro Bowl, Super Bowl-winning quarterback in Flacco. When he was with the Eagles he had Donovan McNabb. With the Jets last year, he had Geno Smith.

"You know what some time it takes to the third, fourth, fifth year to make it,'' the coach said. "I hope that happens for him.''What's happening this week means a little something for the long-time assistant and one-time head coach of the Detroit Lions."The first year I thought we overachieved by a great deal,'' Mornhinweg said of an 8-8 season. "We had some players that just gutted some things out. We won some games that we probably shouldn't have won. I think we won every close game, but one."The second year one of my concerns was that we could be a better team, but the record wouldn't reflect it. And that's what happened, we lost a lot of close games and underachieved to some extent. And our team wasn't quite as good that second year.''

The Jets finished 4-12 last year and won two of their last three games of the season to get to 4-12. It still cost Ryan and his staff their jobs."The first year we were 8-8, one game out of the playoffs, knocked the Dolphins out of the playoffs,'' Mornhinweg said. "We won three of our last four, had some juice and then all of a sudden the next year we hit a lull and never recovered. But it was a great experience, a great place.''Mornhinweg is with the Ravens and has a Pro Bowl, Super Bowl-winning quarterback in Flacco. When he was with the Eagles he had Donovan McNabb. With the Jets last year, he had Geno Smith.

"You know what some time it takes to the third, fourth, fifth year to make it,'' the coach said. "I hope that happens for him.''What's happening this week means a little something for the long-time assistant and one-time head coach of the Detroit Lions."It's special,'' Mornhinweg said of coming back to Philadelphia. "I didn't think about too much, until that bus ride here today, then it hit me. We scored a lot of touchdowns in that stadium over there. Put in a lot of work for a decade, or so. Yeah, it's special.''

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/08/post_37.html

— Marty Mornhinweg, the former Eagles and Jets offensive coordinator, has taken a step back in his quest to become a head coach again.However, he's not in a bad place as Joe Flacco's quarterback coach for the Baltimore Ravens.Back at the NovaCare Complex Wednesday as the Ravens had the first of three joint practices with the Ravens, Mornhinweg talked about his time in both places."No regrets, shoot,'' Mornhinweg said of his two years in New York under Rex Ryan. "You have Mark (Sanchez) here now. That was one of the reasons I went there in the first place.''

Sanchez, however got hurt during the 2013 preseason and missed the season. He then left as a free agent for the Eagles in 2014."The first year I thought we overachieved by a great deal,'' Mornhinweg said of an 8-8 season. "We had some players that just gutted some things out. We won some games that we probably shouldn't have won. I think we won every close game, but one."The second year one of my concerns was that we could be a better team, but the record wouldn't reflect it. And that's what happened, we lost a lot of close games and underachieved to some extent. And our team wasn't quite as good that second year.''

"You know what some time it takes to the third, fourth, fifth year to make it,'' the coach said. "I hope that happens for him.''What's happening this week means a little something for the long-time assistant and one-time head coach of the Detroit Lions."The first year I thought we overachieved by a great deal,'' Mornhinweg said of an 8-8 season. "We had some players that just gutted some things out. We won some games that we probably shouldn't have won. I think we won every close game, but one."The second year one of my concerns was that we could be a better team, but the record wouldn't reflect it. And that's what happened, we lost a lot of close games and underachieved to some extent. And our team wasn't quite as good that second year.''

"You know what some time it takes to the third, fourth, fifth year to make it,'' the coach said. "I hope that happens for him.''What's happening this week means a little something for the long-time assistant and one-time head coach of the Detroit Lions."It's special,'' Mornhinweg said of coming back to Philadelphia. "I didn't think about too much, until that bus ride here today, then it hit me. We scored a lot of touchdowns in that stadium over there. Put in a lot of work for a decade, or so. Yeah, it's special.''

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/08/post_37.html

Huh?

The Ravens had a joint practice with themselves.  

This isn't rocket science, Max.

Isn't that just called practice?

A joint practice is when you practice with another team. And that is what happened when the Ravens and Eagles practiced together.

Except this author said as the Ravens had the first of three joint practices with the Ravens

Isn't that just called practice?

A joint practice is when you practice with another team. And that is what happened when the Ravens and Eagles practiced together.

Except this author said as the Ravens had the first of three joint practices with the Ravens

I was just busting chops.

As faba mentioned, proofreading is a lost art.

Archived