MAJOR Madden Gripe

Barton

why is it that in the playoffs and your dlineman don't register any sacks their overall ranking drops 2 or 3 points and their tackle drops 3 points????

IT IS RIDICULOUS

example

yesterday I played in the divisional playoff game

I played as sean taylor, he had 3 ints, 1 for a TD

John Abraham had 3 sacks

John Henderson had 2 tackles for a loss, no sacks

Shaun Rogers had 1 tackle for a loss, 6 tackles tota, no sacks

Sean Taylor goes up 1 FRIGGEN POINT

John Abraham goes up 1 FRIGGEN POINT

shaun rogers drops 2 overall rankings to an 89

john henderson drops from an 89 to an 87 and now has 78 tackle :shock:

THIS IS A RIDICULOUS PROBLEM THAT SHOULD BE FIXED. just because your dlineman or defensive players don't register any sacks or ints, doesn't mean they didn't have a great game!!! :twisted: :twisted:

why is it that in the playoffs and your dlineman don't register any sacks their overall ranking drops 2 or 3 points and their tackle drops 3 points????

IT IS RIDICULOUS

example

yesterday I played in the divisional playoff game

I played as sean taylor, he had 3 ints, 1 for a TD

John Abraham had 3 sacks

John Henderson had 2 tackles for a loss, no sacks

Shaun Rogers had 1 tackle for a loss, 6 tackles tota, no sacks

Sean Taylor goes up 1 FRIGGEN POINT

John Abraham goes up 1 FRIGGEN POINT

shaun rogers drops 2 overall rankings to an 89

john henderson drops from an 89 to an 87 and now has 78 tackle :shock:

THIS IS A RIDICULOUS PROBLEM THAT SHOULD BE FIXED. just because your dlineman or defensive players don't register any sacks or ints, doesn't mean they didn't have a great game!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Yeah, I've noticed this too. Might as well give up now, because you're never going to have a case where DL go up. It doesnt really matter, because the DL is rarely going to be in a situation where they miss a tackle, so just work around it.

The inaccuracy of stats when you play the game yourself is the reason why I always simulate games in franchise mode.

If I want to play a game I export my franchise team and play a random opponent in an exhibition game.

note: this crap always happened when I play 4 min quarters

now I play 8 minute quarters, and my defense is doing really well

vilma has 2 ints, sean taylor has 1 int, ed reed has 1 int and 1 sack, lavar arrington has 3 sacks, boss bailey 3 sacks, john abraham 1 sack

shaun ellis, john henderson and shaun rogers are still sackless as we speak :lol:

The inaccuracy of stats when you play the game yourself is the reason why I always simulate games in franchise mode.

If I want to play a game I export my franchise team and play a random opponent in an exhibition game.

True, when you play the game yourself, everything is out of whack. For example, Jonathan Vilma had 44 sacks in one season for me, and the 2nd highest sack total came from my dime back. :lol:

But the fun of playing is playing the games yourself. I like building up a franchise, but it's not as fun when I don't play the games.

But the fun of playing is playing the games yourself. I like building up a franchise, but it's not as fun when I don't play the games.

I completely agree. I wish the stats were realistic when playing the games yourself, but they are not.

It therefore becomes a choice of which is the lesser of two evils:

- One enjoyable season playing the games, but ratings progressing so badly that future seasons are messed up. DBs get 100+ tackles and RBs average 2 yards per carry.

Or

- Having less enjoyment by simulating games, but having the satisfaction of building a realistic franchise over many seasons.

Personally I prefer the second option, though I may be an exception because I like the management side of the game.

If they could just sort out the salary cap rules, I would be very happy.

UN FRICKIN BELIEVABLE

I just fished the super bowl, and here are some notes

ed reed, 1 int, 1 sack-------went up nothing

john henderson, 1 sack------went DOWN 2

points!!!! :twisted:

vilma, 3 ints---------2 points 8)

my DTS have under 80 tackle now!!! and ed reed has 59 tackle!!

total garbage, players should not get worse during the playoffs, they should get better or stay the same. unbelievable BS :evil:

How long did it take y'all to get Vilma to 99?

Took me two seasons.

usually it takes me 2 seasons, but for some reason I messed up his rookie season pretty badly because I didn't give him enough QB spy or nickel blitzes so his numbers were crap, plus I never used training camp on him I don't think

after the 2nd season he is now only a 90 overall for me :roll:

I don't get many sacks with linebackers. Get a solid 90 tackle season with them and they'll improve.

And why the hell didn't you do training camp with Vilma?

stupidly, I did it with ed reed, WHO DROPPED DURING THE SEASON ANYWAYS

btw

kris jenkins is nearly impossible to trade for

I offered 3, countem 3 first rd C+ picks for jenkins......NO GO

then I offered 1 B+ 1st rder, 1 B 1st rder and 1 C 2nd rder..........NO GO

I am fed up! :twisted:

I don't collect all-star teams.

I build through the draft. Although, after season one in which Doug Brien made 90% of his field goals, I still cut him.

SOB missed two field goals in an AFC Championship 3 point loss to the Chiefs. Hit too close to home. :cry:

I don't collect all-star teams.

I build through the draft. Although, after season one in which Doug Brien made 90% of his field goals, I still cut him.

SOB missed two field goals in an AFC Championship 3 point loss to the Chiefs. Hit too close to home. :cry:

I hate building through the draft with all those madeup players. so after the 5th season or so, I usually start over a build a new franchise.

I don't collect all-star teams. I build through the draft.

That's how I like to play too.

A little story from my current game:

Victor Hobson spent the first 3 seasons not doing much in terms of stat progression, so I drafted a LOLB in the 1st round with the intention of replacing him. The following season, Hobson suddenly increases about 15 points overall and makes the pro bowl. It was satisfying to see my draft pick cause another player to raise his game due to competition for the starting job.

I hate building through the draft with all those madeup players.

I don't mind the made up names, as in my eyes the players in the real draft are just names until they play in the NFL.

I have NCAA Football and I name all the players individually before exporting them onto Madden. It's a time consuming bitch, but hey, I got nothing better to do!

Here was my draft after the first season of my franchise:

1. Mike Williams, WR USC

2. Antonio Perkins, CB Oklahoma

2. Matt Roth, DE Iowa

2. Santonio Thomas, DT Miami

3. Frank Gore, RB Miami

4. Kevin Everett, TE Miami

5. Michael Boley, LB Southern Miss

5. Craig Bragg, WR UCLA

6. Jermiane Berry, DT Kansas St.

6. Jermaine Hardy, FS Virginia

I can't play NCAA even if I wanted to. It doesn't get released in Europe. I even had to import the PC version of MVP2004 because that doesn't get released here.

I also wish I could play Madden on xbox live, but the online capability was removed from the PAL version. In fact, I have never had a decent multiplayer game as none of my friends know how to play properly. :( I think I will buy the PC version of Madden 2006. At least then I can download roster updates.

I can't play NCAA even if I wanted to. It doesn't get released in Europe. I even had to import the PC version of MVP2004 because that doesn't get released here.

I also wish I could play Madden on xbox live, but the online capability was removed from the PAL version. In fact, I have never had a decent multiplayer game as none of my friends know how to play properly. :( I think I will buy the PC version of Madden 2006. At least then I can download roster updates.

do you know anybody in the states that could send you the ncaa games??

do you know anybody in the states that could send you the ncaa games??

No I don't, though I know of a couple of web sites that offer international shipping so it's not a problem.

I can't import Xbox games because I have a PAL console and the US games are NTSC coded. I can therefore only import PC games as they have no region coding. Unfortunately, I don't think NCAA football is available on PC.

Archived