Fitzpatrick on the road... the #'s are scary

32EBoozer

He played them last year, 15/23 with 212 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 109 Rating, and essentially 10 yards per attempt.  Team put up 28 points, but lost because Colts scored 33.  

Googling his stats really doesnt tell the story of that game. Fitz couldnt get the passing game going in the first half and he made crucial mistakes toward the end of the game. The Texans came back in that game because of Arian Foster and JJ Watt. scoring a combined 21 points And with 2 mins to go in the game Fitz gets stripped sacked and fumbles the ball on 1st and 10 and blow their chance at a comeback. Thats how the Colts won that game.

Fitz wasnt as consistent as those stats would lead one to believe. Check that game out on Gamepass, but for now here's the highlights from that game. 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000408384/Week-6-Colts-vs-Texans-highlights

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol. Pretty difficult to underrate that talent. 

Again, lol.

Look at Fitz's first five years in the league, and his numbers are no better than Geno's, and often worse. Completing passes at a rate of 57% (Geno 57.5%), for a paultry 5.5 ypa (compared to Geno's 6.9), with 21 TD's and 27 ints (Geno: 25 and 34) for a passer rating of 67.7 (Geno, 71.5). Fitz is a veteran now who's learned over the years to play a little smarter. He had a nice debut here in a game where his defense and running game were top notch. I'm glad to have him on the team. But my opinion of the two QBs hasn't changed a lot since Geno got his jaw broken; Fitz has the higher floor, and Geno has the higher ceiling. Anyone closing the book on Geno now should've closed the book on Fitz six years ago. 

Yes, but it's not 6 years ago. I don't want to wait 6 years for Geno to be as good as Fitz is now. I want Fitz to play well for us until someone, hopefully Petty is ready to be a franchise guy. Thank you for making the case.

But Geno is not a good QB, nor a serviceable guy. The book is closed on him - he will never, ever, ever come close to delivering a SB to the Jets. Neither will Fitz, but we ride with him this season, win as many games as we can, then search for a franchise QB next offseason. Maybe that is Petty.

Fitz is a smart limited QB. We have a great defense, a great running game, a good line, very good versatile receivers, and a creative OC. Chan is tailoring the offense around our strengths including Fitz' brain. He's creating match ups, and we are taking what the defense gives us, and staying patient. I think that makes us hard to beat.

O'Brien was an idiot. Put Fitz in a lot of third and longs, and only got aggressive after they fell behind. Fitz is not built to come from behind, and I hope we can continue to play smart, and patient finding ways to force favorable matchups, and frustrate opponents instead of the fans.

Fitz has never been on a good team...Next can we do a study of how bad teams do against good teams on the road.

I can't wait to find out.

you might be shocked but they don't do well.  I was surprised when I looked it up and tallied up the numbers.

shocking

Googling his stats really doesnt tell the story of that game. Fitz couldnt get the passing game going in the first half and he made crucial mistakes toward the end of the game. The Texans came back in that game because of Arian Foster and JJ Watt. scoring a combined 21 points And with 2 mins to go in the game Fitz gets stripped sacked and fumbles the ball on 1st and 10 and blow their chance at a comeback. Thats how the Colts won that game.

Fitz wasnt as consistent as those stats would lead one to believe. Check that game out on Gamepass, but for now here's the highlights from that game. 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000408384/Week-6-Colts-vs-Texans-highlights

I didn't watch the game, I was just providing counter stats for the stats that were presented without context about him being horrible.  From the play by play on that game, it looks like the Texans were down 24 points by the time Fitz took 4 pass attempts.  And Johnson screwed up that fumble on the catch in Colts territory as well to help them lose.  

Archived