Kam Chancellor ends holdout with Seahawks; returns to practice

Jetsfan80

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13722598/kam-chancellor-end-contract-holdout-return-seattle-seahawks

Kam Chancellor ends contract holdout, returns to Seahawks

Kam Chancellor has ended his lengthy contract holdout and returned to the Seattle Seahawks after missing the first two games of the season.

The Seahawks, who are 0-2 after losses to St. Louis and Green Bay, confirmed that Chancellor arrived at the team facility on Wednesday morning. It was his first appearance since June's minicamp and ended a holdout that lasted nearly eight weeks.

Chancellor, who had been holding out in hopes of getting his contract restructured, told ESPN's Stephen A. Smith that he intends to revisit his contract situation after the season.

"Ima go help my teammates that are understanding of my position and the ones who aren't," Chancellor said in a text message to Smith. "God forgives all, why can't i? Time to help us get back to the big dance. I can address business after the season. Me and Marshawn started a mission 2 years ago. I can't let my Dawg down....Real talk."

Chancellor signed a four-year, $28 million extension after the 2012 season, but the deal didn't take effect until 2013. The Seahawks refused to budge on restructuring a contract that had three years remaining, asserting that it would lead to a stream of players seeking new deals in the early stages of their contracts.

One of the league's top safeties and a leader of the "Legion of Boom" secondary, Chancellor is scheduled to make $5.1 million in base salary in 2016 and $6.8 million in 2017.

In missing Seattle's first two games, Chancellor forfeited two game checks of $267,647. It is unclear whether the organization will waive the three-time Pro Bowler's fines for skipping training camp.

The reigning two-time NFC champion Seahawks have given up 11 pass plays of 20-plus yards, second most in the NFL. Dion Bailey started the first game at strong safety before being replaced by DeShawn Shead in Week 2.

ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Always had a thought of Mo for Chancellor.  Could still happen though.

I wonder if the LIons regret trading their 2010 5th rd choice to the Seahawks..LOL  As far as a trade for Mo, I can't see that ever happening if they didn't want to pay Cam no way would they pay Mo..

Ew.  That would be terrible.  Wilkerson is THE centerpiece to our defense.  An elite Safety isn't anywhere close to being as valuable as an elite D-lineman.

I know but Kam is cheaper and we have Leonard Williams and hopefully Richardson back.  I don't want to get rid of Mo but if we had to I was just looking for something we can use besides a QB and TE.

I know but Kam is cheaper and we have Leonard Williams and hopefully Richardson back.  I don't want to get rid of Mo but if we had to I was just looking for something we can use besides a QB and TE.

Richardson will come back eventually, but is he a guy whose contract you want to extend down the road?  I sure don't.  Wilkerson needs to remain a Jet, whatever the cost.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13722598/kam-chancellor-end-contract-holdout-return-seattle-seahawks

"Ima go help my teammates that are understanding of my position and the ones who aren't," Chancellor said in a text message to Smith. "God forgives all, why can't i? Time to help us get back to the big dance. I can address business after the season. Me and Marshawn started a mission 2 years ago. I can't let my Dawg down....Real talk."

ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

I used to like this guy.  He is now hated in this household.

Richardson will come back eventually, but is he a guy whose contract you want to extend down the road?  I sure don't.  Wilkerson needs to remain a Jet, whatever the cost.

That part I agree 100% but not the whatever the cost part.. Who knows all the money the Pot head lost this year may humble him in the future.. I just love the way Sheldon plays..:)

That part I agree 100% but not the whatever the cost part.. Who knows all the money the Pot head lost this year may humble him in the future.. I just love the way Sheldon plays..:)

I'll amend my statement to say that hopefully we don't have to pay him Watt money.  However, with the cap going up, his contract will end up nearly rivaling Watt's for sure.  And we'll need to be prepared to bite the bullet on that.

I'll amend my statement to say that hopefully we don't have to pay him Watt money.  However, with the cap going up, his contract will end up nearly rivaling Watt's for sure.  And we'll need to be prepared to bite the bullet on that.

Watt is a 1st team All Pro 3 time Pro Bowler with 60 sacks in 4 years. Mo is a very good player no Pro Bowls and 25.5 sacks in 4 years and as a GM you pay them around the same?? Thank God we have Mac..;)

Watt is a 1st team All Pro 3 time Pro Bowler with 60 sacks in 4 years. Mo is a very good player no Pro Bowls and 25.5 sacks in 4 years and as a GM you pay them around the same?? Thank God we have Mac..;)

Yes, because the cap went up $10M this year ($143.3M).  And its projected to go up to $150M in 2016, $160M in 2017, and $170M in 2018.  We shouldn't at all be shocked if Wilkerson gets Watt money.

Yes, because the cap went up $10M this year ($143.3M).  And its set to go up to $150M in 2016, $160M in 2017, and $170M in 2018.  We shouldn't at all be shocked if Wilkerson gets Watt money.

Mac isn't giving Mo that kind of pay day. Especially with Sheldon being the best d lineman on this team.

Mac isn't giving Mo that kind of pay day. Especially with Sheldon being the best d lineman on this team.

Richardson needs to prove he can stay out of trouble before earning his payday.  Paying Wilkerson big money does not preclude us from also re-signing Richardson if we're smart about it.  We have until the end of the 2016 season to deal with Richardson, and could always franchise tag him for 2017 if we'd like.

Richardson needs to prove he can stay out of trouble before earning his payday.  Paying Wilkerson big money does not preclude us from also re-signing Richardson if we're smart about it.  We have until the end of the 2016 season to deal with Richardson, and could always franchise tag him for 2017 if we'd like.

If Mo is getting Watt money, that is a big hindrance on where the money goes. Tying up all that money on 2 d linemen and then thinking about Snacks and Leonard Williams we could be in an ugly spot. I just don't think Mo is worth anything near Watt money.

If Mo is getting Watt money, that is a big hindrance on where the money goes. Tying up all that money on 2 d linemen and then thinking about Snacks and Leonard Williams we could be in an ugly spot. I just don't think Mo is worth anything near Watt money.

This line of thinking made a lot of sense under a $133M salary cap.  Under a $150M cap I'm totally ok with spending big on 2 d-linemen.  The only spots on the field worth big money anymore are QB and on the D-Line.  We can find adequate replacements at other spots easier than we can at those 2 spots on the field.  Wilkerson and Richardson are the only elite players on this roster, and if Richardson cleans up his act, we can ill-afford to lose either. 

And remember, because of Idzik avoiding bad contracts (the one positive of his tenure) and Macc being smart with how he spends, we are in a good position financially.  We can afford to pay an elite player elite money.  In Macc I trust. 

Archived