Cimini Article on Lack of Sacks Allowed by O-line

AFJF

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The website is a links aggregator sort of like Drudge Report but for the draft. I do not publish a guide, or scouting reports. just links and lists. Towards the draft there are mocks.  

I want to answer these questions the most honest way I know how. I can't even remember the last late round QB starter in the league. maybe Tyrod Taylor rd 6 in 2011. but not sure he's anyone's ideal for the position.  The way the draft works, even the most long longshot QB get drafted high. Tebow was a first round pick. 

I don't think people realize just how willing GMs are to risk picks on QBs they think have an ability to start.  How many teams have guys starting that were picked outside the first 2 rounds?  The Pats (6th) are a miracle.  Seattle and St Louis both start 3rd rounders.  The Redskins start a 4th rounder and it shows.  Dallas and the Jets start UDFAs.   The rest of those guys are 1st or 2nd rounders.  I'd bet most of the backups are too.  Tyrod Taylor, sure, but they are going back to Manuel anyway.  You can get lucky outside the first, but teams are certainly going to pull the trigger if they believe in somebody (see Garroppolo).   I remember people saying the Jets should take a shot on Flacco in the 4th.  Hahah.  I'm sure they'd have loved to.

you mean the winner of this years Coastal Division, which may end up as worst division ever assembled. jab was directed at previous comments made on their talents as gems

that's not the first time you have brought those Carolina QBs up to mock them.

long way to go to win the Coastal but let's hope.  would make for a nice year w/ the basketball team having a great chance to win another Nat'l Title.

3. The system: Gailey's system is predicated on quick throws. It doesn't happen all the time -- they're among the leaders in long-pass attempts -- but it's the general philosophy. By spreading the field with three, four and sometimes five receivers, they create more options for the quarterback. They can also force teams to play man-to-man coverage, which makes for easier reads for the quarterback. And let's not forget about the receivers, their most talented group in years. While they don't have anyone in the regular rotation with the ability to gain quick separation off the line of scrimmage, they have big targets such as Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker who can use their size to make catches even when they're covered.

Not comparing the QB's but this this is so relevant in regards to QB production. The Jets have a QB friendly system with legit targets and Chris Ivory who's off to having the best season of his career, and that's not even mentioning the defense that puts the offense in great position given that we're playing from ahead the majority of the time. 

I think Geno could really surprise people with this level of support. I mean, look at Fitz. This guy was given up for chump change and after 10 years of mediocrity (record wise) he's on pace to double his wins in a season while also projected to put together the best statistical year of any QB in a Jets uniform. 

I almost cant believe this. 

TJ Yates  Bryn Renner ..perhaps Marquis Williams lol

Good idea, or Greg McElroy or even Dee Milliner as Wildcat since CB isn't working out too well. ;)

How ya been Rich, welcome back from Green bay to the 3-1 Jets land :)

Hope all well with you and the family :)

long way to go to win the Coastal but let's hope.  would make for a nice year w/ the basketball team having a great chance to win another Nat'l Title.

winning the Coastal may get you to Independence Bowl, UNC bball is being highly overrated, way too early for this rating

winning the Coastal may get you to Independence Bowl, UNC bball is being highly overrated, way too early for this rating

the Independence bowl is better than the Belk Bowl

Carolina is being underrated by many, they were playing as well as any team in the nation at Tourney time.  Just ran out of a little steam against Wisconson.  tons of JRs and Sr's to go w/ an excellent and should be much improved soph class and most importantly a healthy Marcus Paige.  this is the best team in the Country entering the season.

Not comparing the QB's but this this is so relevant in regards to QB production. The Jets have a QB friendly system with legit targets and Chris Ivory who's off to having the best season of his career, and that's not even mentioning the defense that puts the offense in great position given that we're playing from ahead the majority of the time. 

I think Geno could really surprise people with this level of support. I mean, look at Fitz. This guy was given up for chump change and after 10 years of mediocrity (record wise) he's on pace to double his wins in a season while also projected to put together the best statistical year of any QB in a Jets uniform. 

I'm not shocked at all.  He's been a productive QB on some horrible, horrible teams.  No QB has ever done a thing in the NFL on his own.  Wins and losses are a team effort and Fitz has had plenty of games in which he put up a lot of points and came away with the loss.  This is the best team he has ever played on, which I would expect to yield his best results.

As far as Geno goes, he will be better than ever with this offense if he gets on the field, I don't doubt that one bit.  I also don't mind the idea of him watching from the sidelines while a pro QB keeps doing what he's doing.  This will be the first time Geno has had the opportunity to be at practice every day and legitimately LEARN from somebody.

None of us know how this will impact Geno in the long run, but we do know that they're winning with Fitz while Geno is hopefully taking it all in...I'll take it :)

NYJUNC:

Its cool nyjunc, he was guy they called assmop,  ran away when Jets bad said he was GB fan now (picked best team in NFL, LOL) but now back with jets 3-1 (of course). Doesnt reply to me, but off hand replies in my threads. Sort of funny actually, takes childish swings at UNC but makes himself look silly as you point out.  Nice guy once, but lost his way somewhere along line and got kind of mean spirited. But I forgive him and he is welcome back to the 3-1 Jets.

I'm not shocked at all.  He's been a productive QB on some horrible, horrible teams.  No QB has ever done a thing in the NFL on his own.  Wins and losses are a team effort and Fitz has had plenty of games in which he put up a lot of points and came away with the loss.  This is the best team he has ever played on, which I would expect to yield his best results.

As far as Geno goes, he will be better than ever with this offense if he gets on the field, I don't doubt that one bit.  I also don't mind the idea of him watching from the sidelines while a pro QB keeps doing what he's doing.  This will be the first time Geno has had the opportunity to be at practice every day and legitimately LEARN from somebody.

None of us know how this will impact Geno in the long run, but we do know that they're winning with Fitz while Geno is hopefully taking it all in...I'll take it :)

we differ on what productive is.

we differ on what productive is.

Yes, we differ on many, many, many things.

3,000+ yds and 20+ TD's is productive enough to win games if your team isn't horrible on defense.

Yes, we differ on many, many, many things.

3,000+ yds and 20+ TD's is productive enough to win games if your team isn't horrible on defense.

maybe, maybe not.  blind stats tell us very little.  if the majority of those #s come in garbage time what do they really tell us?  he's played on some decent teams and has never come through when his teams needed him most.  Hopefully that is changing this year but we will see. 

But most of us agree we BLEED GREEN :)

We bleed green, but I think some folks would be happy to see a few losses for the sake of being able to come on here and tell everybody who disagreed with them that they had it right all along.

All the "Fitz has never won more than six games" crowd must be sweating right now with him on pace to show just how  meaningless that stat is, as if a QB single handedly wins or loses every game he plays in, and defense has no impact on the outcome.

We bleed green, but I think some folks would be happy to see a few losses for the sake of being able to come on here and tell everybody who disagreed with them that they had it right all along.

All the "Fitz has never won more than six games" crowd must be sweating right now with him on pace to show just how  meaningless that stat is, as if a QB single handedly wins or loses every game he plays in, and defense has no impact on the outcome.

Ya I hear ya, but I am type of fan, who realizes SBs are a lot of luck involved and I love a season where in Decemeber Jet games still have playoff implications. It gets the juice at Jets bar hyped up and crowd excited. If you were QB of Jets Glenn I'd buy a AFJF Jersey :)

I want Fitz to win 10-12-14,...  I will be the happiest man in the world to eat crow if we can get to the playoffs and win in the playoffs w/ Fitz.  that doesn't mean I shouldn't have concerns w/ the way he has played so far though.

maybe, maybe not.  blind stats tell us very little.  if the majority of those #s come in garbage time what do they really tell us?  he's played on some decent teams and has never come through when his teams needed him most.  Hopefully that is changing this year but we will see. 

The very fact that he's playing some of his best football right now with none of it coming in garbage time tells me that one or two of his TD passes in the past may have come at a meaningful time.

When you don't like a player I guess you can just dismiss everything they've ever done with some type of rationalization that tries to make it look to be anything other than what it actually is...quality play.  Not hall of fame, not pro-bowl, but quality.  Quality QB play...it's a nice for a change.

Ya I hear ya, but I am type of fan, who realizes SBs are a lot of luck involved and I love a season where in Decemeber Jet games still have playoff implications. It gets the juice at Jets bar hyped up and crowd excited. If you were QB of Jets Glenn I'd buy a AFJF Jersey :)

playing for something in Nov and dec is fun, I miss it.  I hope it's back for good this year.

Ya mon like 11 year ballboys quit on their team lmao

LOOK, tool.  I was 11 years old you childish bitter at life mon.

My now Dead father, u tool, saw his 11 year old some move to NJ and have no team to root for (we had seats to Bills games). In 1964 you couldnt see Bills on TV in NJ, you couldn't read about your team in paper or on TV unless local. So he went out and bought Jets tickets so his son would quit moping in new state and give me something to cheer for and games to go to and namath came along. if it was today, sure I would see game son Direct TV, different era. Greatest gift my Dad ever gave me.Kind enough to see hi son missing going to games on Sundays. Can you be that ignorant? You absolute bitter tool, Get a life and realize you are a tool of the decade. Dont blame me cause u got laid off. 

You left jets for Packers, LOL. what a crock. 

LOOK, tool.  I was 11 years old you childish bitter at life mon.

My now Dead father, u tool, saw his 11 year old some move to NJ and have no team to root for (we had seats to Bills games). In 1964 you couldnt see Bills on TV in NJ, you couldn't read about your team in paper or on TV unless local. So he went out and bought Jets tickets so his son would quit moping in new state and give me something to cheer for and games to go to and namath came along. if it was today, sure I would see game son Direct TV, different era. Greatest gift my Dad ever gave me.Kind enough to see hi son missing going to games on Sundays. Can you be that ignorant? You absolute bitter tool, Get a life and realize you are a tool of the decade. Dont blame me cause u got laid off. 

He seriously questioning your fandom for personal stuff?  That's a shame, I've only ever heard you speak highly of and defend him.

I've provided stats to prove that the deep ball is a very minor part of even the most prolific offenses led by the top QBs in the last decade. I've also shown stats that establish that over Fitz's last 16 games (between this year and last) he's actually become a "better" deep ball thrower than he was earlier in his career, or at least compares favorably against some of the more notorious deep ball throwers in the league... Combine all of that with the bold, and yeah, it's perfectly reasonable to argue that Geno should get a "chance"... because at the end of the day, you should always ignore evidence and facts in favor of petulant ignorance, magic, and hypotheticals.

Obviously.

He seriously questioning your fandom for personal stuff?  That's a shame, I've only ever heard you speak highly of and defend him.

Has issues. I did but I am done. he cant be reached any longer. just trolls all post sand is bitter at life and blames others.

The very fact that he's playing some of his best football right now with none of it coming in garbage time tells me that one or two of his TD passes in the past may have come at a meaningful time.

When you don't like a player I guess you can just dismiss everything they've ever done with some type of rationalization that tries to make it look to be anything other than what it actually is...quality play.  Not hall of fame, not pro-bowl, but quality.  Quality QB play...it's a nice for a change.

he's not playing very well though.  he's been ok at best.

remember, we were +4 in TOs midway through the 4th at Indy and only led 10-7.

last week we should have beaten Miami by 20+ instead they had 1st and G at our 2 w/ plenty of time to play.

vs. Philly he killed us all game.

we are winning, he is helping us but he has also been hurting us.

I have nothing against this man, I actually like him a lot and think he is easy to root for.  His teammates love him, he is the best leader we have had at the position since Chad but good play needs to come along w/ that and we have not seen that so far.

he's not playing very well though.  he's been ok at best.

remember, we were +4 in TOs midway through the 4th at Indy and only led 10-7.

last week we should have beaten Miami by 20+ instead they had 1st and G at our 2 w/ plenty of time to play.

vs. Philly he killed us all game.

we are winning, he is helping us but he has also been hurting us.

I have nothing against this man, I actually like him a lot and think he is easy to root for.  His teammates love him, he is the best leader we have had at the position since Chad but good play needs to come along w/ that and we have not seen that so far.

And OK is far better than what we've been treated to in forever.  It's pretty much what he's been, what I expected him to be, and what I thought could get this team a shot at the playoffs.  So far, so good.

quality QB play is not what fitz is being asked to do-- he is what he is, a front running game manager. His job is to protect the lead the defense gives him because he simply doesn't have the ability to win games with his arm. What happened when philly got an early lead and we needed points? 3 INT. That's fine against garbage teams but that's not going to work against playoff teams

Has issues. I did but I am done. he cant be reached any longer. just trolls all post sand is bitter at life and blames others.

It's a message board...not a lot different than real life in a lot of ways.  Always gonna' be a few folks not worth paying attention to.  You gonna' make it to a game this season?

And OK is far better than what we've been treated to in forever.  It's pretty much what he's been, what I expected him to be, and what I thought could get this team a shot at the playoffs.  So far, so good.

he's been good enough but that won't be good enough against better teams.  he has to improve, I hope he will.  I am rooting for him despite everything I have written about him.  I just want to win, I don't care who the QB is but I am also allowed to question his play.

quality QB play is not what fitz is being asked to do-- he is what he is, a front running game manager. His job is to protect the lead the defense gives him because he simply doesn't have the ability to win games with his arm. What happened when philly got an early lead and we needed points? 3 INT. That's fine against garbage teams but that's not going to work against playoff teams

He's being asked to play well enough to win...so far, so good.

More TD's than INT's and 60% comp pct or better is plenty good for this team.  He'll do that frequently enough to make a run at the playoffs.  I'm happy about that.

Archived