The future of officiating

GREENBEAN

I don't know man. I'm a little apprehensive with all of this dependence on technology to call the game (and in life in general), but this is a pretty descriptive vid on what the NFL is thinking moving forward.

In 50 years the game won't even have humans involved as players I'm sure.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-next/0ap3000000558028/NFL-NEXT-The-Future-of-Officiating

belicheat already has the codes

the thing a computer can't do is decide how much holding is holding, how much hand fighting is DPI.   the system already covers 99% of the inbounds/out of bounds stuff. 

Maybe it would actually call ALL holding as a penalty. Or ALL illegal pick plays as illegal. Imagine a world where the human decision to overlook some penalties or have favoritism is non existent.

A perfect world :D

Maybe it would actually call ALL holding as a penalty. Or ALL illegal pick plays as illegal. Imagine a world where the human decision to overlook some penalties or have favoritism is non existent.

A perfect world :D

they could have save a lot of money and just hired full time officials and train them during the week to be uber awesome, lol

I don't know man. I'm a little apprehensive with all of this dependence on technology to call the game (and in life in general), but this is a pretty descriptive vid on what the NFL is thinking moving forward.

In 50 years the game won't even have humans involved as players I'm sure.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-next/0ap3000000558028/NFL-NEXT-The-Future-of-Officiating

Yep

In 50 years, with AI growing, the machines won't need people at all.

C ya

Yep

In 50 years, with AI growing, the machines won't need people at all.

C ya

I know right? It's only been the plot of science fiction movies about 1000 times yet we keep on thinking about how cool it would be if people were obsolete.

Makes no sense to me but here I am on my computer

Not sure why game officials in all sports have tone on the field of play any more except for plays stoppages, faceoffs, penalties, setting the ball. It's too dangerous and they sometimes interfere with play. Tennis already does that; it's not that hard. Expect the major sports at some point are going to put their officials in a chair above the playing surface and equip them with a video feed. Baseball especially; this idea in 2015 we're still subject to fatass moron Joe West setting "his" strike zone is an embarrassment. 

If you want to give better training to NFL officials have them review game tape from the New England Patriots. They will quickly learn how to call defensive holding, offensive holding, and especially picks & blocking before the QB releases the ball, that not all hits on Tom Brady are roughing penalties & Tom Brady ALWAYS moves his head too much on hard counts.

This isn't rocket science.

If you want to give better training to NFL officials have them review game tape from the New England Patriots. They will quickly learn how to call defensive holding, offensive holding, and especially picks & blocking before the QB releases the ball, that not all hits on Tom Brady are roughing penalties & Tom Brady ALWAYS moves his head too much on hard counts.

This isn't rocket science.

Kinda shocked after Brady took the NFL's integrity to task that the officials didn't go max enforcement on the Pats. Bellicheat has relied on the idea that the refs do not want to call everything. Forever .

Archived