Rex Ryan is Still our Head Coach

JohnnyLV

He just now happens to be black, and have a stoic personality.

But the quality of his coaching on the field is really bad.

And the team pretty much plays exactly the same undisciplined and idiotic situational football as original Rex.

Bowles hiring is the new official definition of a "lateral move".

From now until he proves me wrong Bowles will be referred to as "New Rex"

Because that is all he is.

This was a 4-12 team last year, he's a rookie coach with a lot to learn but I'm still feeling good he's going to learn a lot from this.

wow. The same old bs argument about our last years record. We spent $200 mil to win games, not to beat our last years record. We could've done that without paying a dime. 

The worst part of these types loses are these kind of threads. We are all hurting after a loss like this. What killed us tonight we're the turnovers. Period.

Exactly.  Bad coaching was part of it, but players need to be held accountable.  We still have lots to do from the last regime and it wasn't going to be done in one off season.

This was a 4-12 team last year, he's a rookie coach with a lot to learn but I'm still feeling good he's going to learn a lot from this.

No, this was not a 4-12 team last year. Last year's roster was 4-12 last year. Their #1 corner last year would be #4 this year.

This year's roster has a new QB, new "#1" WR, new LG, extra new DE, 4 expensive new DBs (including the prize of free agency), and a new offense installed. Any new defense is certainly the domain of the new HC, if nothing else. And they get the usual lift in team emotion and psyche whenever a major coaching - actually total front office - change is made following the prior failed season.

So it is not the same. If he coached the same team with no roster changes then you can say this team was 4-12 last year. This franchise was 4-12 last year, but not this team of players. What is it, like 1/3 of the team were new starters?

Archived