Foles got benched

Jet in PA

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My god, you'll argue anything.  I was talking about the conversation that you jumped into and turned into an abortion. 

how am i arguing anything? seems to me you are making stuff up to fit your argument. you call me wrong and then support it with a quote from another poster that has nothing to do with my argument. you state that i alluded to geno not running out of bounds was dumb and that i ignored fitz not sliding. they are your false allegations that i am arguing with. i didn't jump into anything. you did

because if Geno cost us the game by fighting for yardage so is Fitz. One cost us the game and the other is blame free?  Neither cost us the game, relax already

you calling me wrong and i need to relax already? never said that geno was to blame or fitz would do any better in Oakland. kinda the same way you think and i am the one that will argue anything

I wasn't arguing that Fitz deserves blame. Just that any logic in placing any significant blame on Geno for the loss would necessarily mean Fitzpatrick shares some burden for putting Geno in there in the first place. Had Fitz gotten knocked out getting blindsided on a sack, or any number of other bad-luck ways, then you couldn't fault him. It's kind of a rough sport. But getting injured for no good reason the way he did? It's just stupid on his part, and he should know better by now.

Whatever. For all his education and wonderful Wonderlic, Fitz is just neither a smart QB, nor one who processes things quickly, once the ball is snapped. One thing I'll give him is he seems to realize some of his own handicap in this regard, and therefore tends to get rid of it very quickly. That isn't all a good thing, as plays don't have time to develop and he only occasionally sees & throws to his 2nd (let alone 3rd) WR in his progressions, throwing contested passes instead of easy completions. But if the alternative is taking sack after sack, he's doing the right thing.

I thought Geno did fine on balance. Not great, but not terrible either. For a bad QB, coming in cold, he was fine. While no one but Geno made the initial facepalm pick, he also wasn't aided from some pretty stupid early play calling. He didn't take the 1st team reps like Fitz did, and it was his first live action outright since the 2014 season. He's probably the only NFL QB who didn't get even a single snap in a preseason game. And he stinks. So what does Gailey do? He has him repeatedly throwing deep before he's afforded any type of rhythm and the D gets marched right back onto the field again. Geno's own shortcomings aside, I'm sorry but that's just dumb. 

After the pick, Gailey let him do what he should have from the start, and what he's been finally letting Fitzpatrick do for the most part of late: short and mid-range passes to get into a rhythm. See how the QB's looking and feeling in the pocket before you have him repeatedly (unsuccessfully) heave it 30 yards downfield. 

In the end, Geno showed he still has a severe mental block in terms of the team + game situation. Gailey has to bear a good amount of responsibility for that showing up on the field, because he has to know his own QB's liabilities and can't treat Geno like he has Brady's awareness. Yeah, he's a dope. And probably nervous, too. It is what it is. He needs to hear it as the last thing before every single snap (when the situation calls for it): we are in FG range, or we're losing and running out of time. You cannot take a sack. If it's not there, throw it away. Geno also needs to realize Fitz just got knocked out of the game, and it does the team little good to get himself knocked out as well: with the sideline 4 inches to his right, he has to step OOB on his own after running for a 30 yard gain instead of getting creamed. He may realize it in a film room, but on the field he realizes little.

I'm sure Gailey would like Geno to know this on his own, but that isn't the case, and he needs to coach accordingly. The sad thing is Gailey should also realize by now - as a teacher of sorts - that by constantly reinforcing this into any young QB's ear, the student will eventually start to get it, or get it more, just from hearing it over & over. 

But he doesn't know it on his own, and doesn't seem to be getting this constant reminder.  So he takes late sacks, gets his clock cleaned downfield unnecessarily, ... hey, whatever: he blows. If he ever does start to get it someday, it surely won't be this season.  

Fitz also blows, but in terms of the whole package (factoring in how the team and coaches respond to him), it seems clear he blows less than Geno. 

Couldn't have said any of this better myself.  Your first two sentences in the first reply pretty much summed up my thought process when I made my initial reply. Apparently that means I said Geno deserves zero blame and I have reading comprehension issues because someone is salty they got called out for making a stupid "wise azz" remark that essentially derailed the entire thread.

Couldn't have said any of this better myself.  Your first two sentences in the first reply pretty much summed up my thought process when I made my initial reply. Apparently that means I said Geno deserves zero blame and I have reading comprehension issues because someone is salty they got called out for making a stupid "wise azz" remark.

geeze, you don't quit, do you. never got salty. the stupid "wise azz" remark was factual and had absolutely nothing to do with geno's performance in Oakland. nobody ever said that you said geno deserves zero blame, only that you placed all the blame on Fitzpatrick. and that you were making excuses for geno.you do have reading comprehension issues as you took argument with me over a stance i was not making. and then accused me of twisting your words, when i did not

geeze, you don't quit, do you. never got salty. the stupid "wise azz" remark was factual and had absolutely nothing to do with geno's performance in Oakland. nobody ever said that you said geno deserves zero blame, only that you placed all the blame on Fitzpatrick. and that you were making excuses for geno.you do have reading comprehension issues as you took argument with me over a stance i was not making. and then accused me of twisting your words, when i did not

I have literally said three times in this thread that my comment about Fitzpatrick being to blame was made to illustrate how stupid it is to put the majority of the blame on Geno like you did. I didn't make excuses.  He came off the bench cold in a sh*tty situation and performed well enough where you could reasonably say that QB wasn't our largest issue that game.  That's a fact that you are still struggling to grasp that. How?  I have no idea.  If you took that as "excuzez" than I'm most certainly not the one with reading comprehension issues.  We lost that game because our defense sh*t the bed.  NEITHER QB is to blame.

I don't care if you made the comment to be a wise ass.  Saying Fitzpatrick is 5-3 and Geno is 0-1 was a stupid thing to say and served no purpose other than derailing this thread .  It's really the only reason I gave that stupid remark the time of day. If three people reached the same conclusion regarding your statement the problem isn't that they have reading comprehension issues, it's that you can't really articulate your points very well.  I'm done with this after this post.  It's already ruined the thread.

I have literally said three times in this thread that my comment about Fitzpatrick being to blame was made to illustrate how stupid it is to put the majority of the blame on Geno like you did. I didn't make excuses.  He came off the bench cold in a sh*tty situation and performed well enough where you could reasonably say that QB wasn't our largest issue that game.  That's a fact that you are still struggling to grasp that. How?  I have no idea.  If you took that as "excuzez" than I'm most certainly not the one with reading comprehension issues.  We lost that game because our defense sh*t the bed.  NEITHER QB is to blame.
I don't care if you made the comment to be a wise ass.  Saying Fitzpatrick is 5-3 and Geno is 0-1 was a stupid thing to say and served no purpose other than derailing this thread .  It's really the only reason I gave that stupid remark the time of day. If three people reached the same conclusion regarding your statement the problem isn't that they have reading comprehension issues, it's that you can't really articulate your points very well.  I'm done with this after this post.  It's already ruined the thread.

again, we are back to reading comprehension. your entire basis for your argument is that I said geno was the reason the jets lost. never had I said such a thing. period. end of story. but you continue on. then you say that the reason the jets lost was on the defense, but in the same breath say that the loss is on Fitzpatrick,. which one is it?

saying Fitzpatrick is 5-3 and geno is 0-1 is a stupid thing to say? its a freaking fact. how else would you say it? would it be better if I said the jets are 5-3 under Fitzpatrick and 0-1 under geno? I don't get it. I think this boils down to you WANTING to misunderstand what I said. what I said was geno is 0-1 in 2015. what you wanted to read is geno is 0-1 in 2015 and is directly responsible for the loss, which was never said. quite the opposite, actually, as I had said it was a total team loss. you and the other 2 poster keep trying to read between the lines when there are no lines to read between. you need to go back and re-read what I wrote, and this time, comprehend exactly what I wrote and what you wrote, instead of reading what you WANT it to say.

again, we are back to reading comprehension. your entire basis for your argument is that I said geno was the reason the jets lost. never had I said such a thing. period. end of story. but you continue on. then you say that the reason the jets lost was on the defense, but in the same breath say that the loss is on Fitzpatrick,. which one is it?

saying Fitzpatrick is 5-3 and geno is 0-1 is a stupid thing to say? its a freaking fact. how else would you say it? would it be better if I said the jets are 5-3 under Fitzpatrick and 0-1 under geno? I don't get it. I think this boils down to you WANTING to misunderstand what I said. what I said was geno is 0-1 in 2015. what you wanted to read is geno is 0-1 in 2015 and is directly responsible for the loss, which was never said. quite the opposite, actually, as I had said it was a total team loss. you and the other 2 poster keep trying to read between the lines when there are no lines to read between. you need to go back and re-read what I wrote, and this time, comprehend exactly what I wrote and what you wrote, instead of reading what you WANT it to say.

You either can't read at all or aren't capable of understanding what I said. Your first paragraph has now made that painfully obvious. I didn't blame Fitzpatrick. It was a wise ass remark to your wise ass remark. The defense lost that game.  I'm done.

You either can't read at all or aren't capable of understanding what I said. Your first paragraph has now made that painfully obvious. I didn't blame Fitzpatrick. It was a wise ass remark to your wise ass remark. The defense lost that game.  I'm done.

yea, ok lol

Archived