Ryan Fitzpatrick, The Journeyman

j4jets

We claim Fitzy to be some sort of savior who set franchise records in a middle of the pack season statistically, and far below average when you consider the competition. You're not the next coming of Rich Gannon if you cant make the playoffs after being gift wrapped the easiest schedule in the league. There have been 4 teams in the last 4 seasons that either cut, traded, or let Fitz reach the FA. There's a reason why four different CS let him go.

2015 - Jets - Let him hit FA

2014 - Texans - Traded

2013 - Titans - Cut

2012 - Bills - Cut

Jets obviously don't see him as a 'savior' otherwise they would've bent over and handed him a blank check. We are not getting another cakewalk schedule next year. He was total sh*t in the last quarter of the season, the most important quarter of the entire season. He was garbage. The moment he didn't have Bilal Powell, Fitzy  became a different QB. He can't carry a team. Thats the exact definition of a game manager. He'll have a good game here n there, but he's not going to carry us. Thats the third tier QBs at best. He's nothing more than a Josh McCown caliber QB (2 years 10mil). I'd give him 2 years 12mil max with incentives to earn another maybe $4mil.

If you're a Geno hater, then just know that Fitzy was worse than him and thats a fact. He's total garbage. He's not taking us to the playoffs even if Brady is handed a 5 year suspension.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, j4jets said:

And?

There is no "and", I'm just glad somebody finally started a Fitz bashing thread the examined his history that proved itself to be so meaningful last season.  Tip of the cap is all.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

There is no "and", I'm just glad somebody finally started a Fitz bashing thread the examined his history that proved itself to be so meaningful last season.  Tip of the cap is all.

I misunderstood. Im just annoyed of the posters who think we need to bend over backwards for him and his beard and pay him $12+mil. Thats insane. I'd rather go with Petty.

1 minute ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

Good...he'll take his money elsewhere. Go back to Geno. He is the answer.

Yeah, maybe Houston would be willing to pay him. And yes, he is the answer to another miserable season.

Just now, j4jets said:

I misunderstood. Im just annoyed of the posters who think we need to bend over backwards for him and his beard and pay him $12+mil. Thats insane. I'd rather go with Petty.

Petty is definitely ready...all you need is one season of sitting on the bench before going from a video game offense to the NFL.  

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Petty is definitely ready...all you need is one season of sitting on the bench before going from a video game offense to the NFL.  

Perhaps the right words to use were: Petty can provide as miserable a season as Fitzy can with a fraction of the cost.

Just now, j4jets said:

Perhaps the right words to use were: Petty can provide as miserable a season as Fitzy can with a fraction of the cost.

For real....if that scrub goes out and wins 10 games again, they might see a trip to the post season, and what Jets fan wants that?  My hope is that the Jets don't win another football game for at least a dozen seasons.  First pick in the every year for over a decade, they'll be unbeatable.

10 minutes ago, AFJF said:

For real....if that scrub goes out and wins 10 games again, they might see a trip to the post season, and what Jets fan wants that?  My hope is that the Jets don't win another football game for at least a dozen seasons.  First pick in the every year for over a decade, they'll be unbeatable.

Did you miss the part where I said we were "gift wrapped the easiest schedule in the league"? Did you also miss the part where I said "We are not getting another cakewalk schedule next year"? How convenient of you to ignore those points.

4 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Did you miss the part where I said we were "gift wrapped the easiest schedule in the league"? Did you also miss the part where I said "We are not getting another cakewalk schedule next year"? How convenient of you to ignore those points.

Maximum six win QB.

31 minutes ago, AFJF said:

You pretty much have no clue how ready or how close to ready he is.

Just now, Colgateman said:

Todd Bowles, whom is not willing to pay Fitz start money, GG.

I was referring to the HC of the Jets who said after the season that if Fitz is back, the job is his.

LOL @ thinking Bowles handles player contracts.  Classic stuff.  

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Im not the one making the statements, you are.

So you're suggesting that a younger, cheaper, stronger-armed QB is ready to go, but Bowles already said Fitz is his starter?

I'm deferring to the professional head football coach in my comments.

Do you think Bowles is the second coming of Rich Kotite?

20 minutes ago, j4jets said:

The most clueless thing to do is make predictions about the schedule in the first week of March.

Last year at this time the 5 easiest schedules went like this:

1. Atlanta Falcons (0.409 opponent win percentage)

2. Indianapolis Colts (0.417)

3. Houston Texans (0.417)

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0.425)

5. New Orleans Saints (0.429)

6 minutes ago, AFJF said:

So you're suggesting that a younger, cheaper, stronger-armed QB is ready to go, but Bowles already said Fitz is his starter?

I'm deferring to the professional head football coach in my comments.

Do you think Bowles is the second coming of Rich Kotite?

No, you do what everyone does.  You defer to someone of authority when it suits you.  

You didnt defer to anyone when Geno was the starter before being IK'd or any other player was picked over someone you wanted to play. Lets be honest here.

And if Fitz is here, translation, signed, hes the starter is kind of obvious.  Can be interpreted a few ways.

Just as Petty being able to play, compete whatever is a far cry from what you painted him to be at this point when you over exaggerated his background

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No, you do what everyone does.  You defer to someone of authority when it suits you.  

You didnt defer to anyone when Geno was the starter before being IK'd or any other player was picked over someone you wanted to play. Lets be honest here

What was my position when Geno was named the starter?

59 minutes ago, j4jets said:

We claim Fitzy to be some sort of savior who set franchise records in a middle of the pack season statistically, and far below average when you consider the competition. You're not the next coming of Rich Gannon if you cant make the playoffs after being gift wrapped the easiest schedule in the league. There have been 4 teams in the last 4 seasons that either cut, traded, or let Fitz reach the FA. There's a reason why four different CS let him go.

2015 - Jets - Let him hit FA

2014 - Texans - Traded

2013 - Titans - Cut

2012 - Bills - Cut

Jets obviously don't see him as a 'savior' otherwise they would've bent over and handed him a blank check. We are not getting another cakewalk schedule next year. He was total sh*t in the last quarter of the season, the most important quarter of the entire season. He was garbage. The moment he didn't have Bilal Powell, Fitzy  became a different QB. He can't carry a team. Thats the exact definition of a game manager. He'll have a good game here n there, but he's not going to carry us. Thats the third tier QBs at best. He's nothing more than a Josh McCown caliber QB (2 years 10mil). I'd give him 2 years 12mil max with incentives to earn another maybe $4mil.

If you're a Geno hater, then just know that Fitzy was worse than him and thats a fact. He's total garbage. He's not taking us to the playoffs even if Brady is handed a 5 year suspension.

Applause.gif~c200

Archived