Empire State Mafia: Game Thread

Jetsfan80

10 hours ago, CTM said:

no a watcher sees if anyone targets the watched with a night action , including self target 

that being said our mod is derpina so who knows how he'd handle it 

Oh. I could have sworn you told me that analogy my first game. I'll blame Doggin instead. Or Pac...definitely Pac.

9 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Most people think about it in terms of "targeting", not "visiting". In which case a player can target themselves, and the action should be recorded and reported as such.

The "we all live in a house and visit" thing is gay.

I know I am but what are you.

wait.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

How is Brett's claim "vetted" exactly?

Which is exactly what they've been insisting we do. In fact, JIF went nuts accusing me of wanting to lynch a town power role... and now he's advocating it himself.

His role is vetted, alignment obviously not. 

10 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Most people think about it in terms of "targeting", not "visiting". In which case a player can target themselves, and the action should be recorded and reported as such.

The "we all live in a house and visit" thing is gay.

FWIW - this is why I floated the idea of watching Leelou. 

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

So, you fully support Lily's claim, but are voting Calder instead of Brett... Even though Lily is convinced Brett is lying scum?

I cant wrap my head around either of them.

Unvote

Vote Lily

How do you for once second come off of someone claiming your exact role?  Sorry.  Dont care what excuse she has, its insane. 

20 minutes ago, JiF said:

His role is vetted, alignment obviously not. 

Why? Because he said Spoot did something, and Spoot confirmed it?

I wouldn't call that vetted. I'd call that confirmed by his target. They could both be lying.

**** you vetted.

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

I cant wrap my head around either of them.

Unvote

Vote Lily

How do you for once second come off of someone claiming your exact role?  Sorry.  Dont care what excuse she has, its insane. 

This I agree with. If she did this as town, then I take back my compliments about her play.

The most egregious thing in the entire game to this point, is Lily counter-claiming Brett and concluding he's scum, and then getting behind my reaction test to vote Hess.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Lily (3) - Brett, Calder, Hess

Unvote

Vote Lily

I thought I moved my vote to her last night. Groggy this week... my wife had the flu for 3 days, and I've been on single-parent duties... not sure how anyone does this, so much respect.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Why? Because he said Spoot did something, and Spoot confirmed it?

I wouldn't call that vetted. I'd call that confirmed by his target. They could both be lying.

**** you vetted.

Huh? Brett revealed what he did before Crusher revealed Spoot had a role.  

Brett revealed, exactly what happened last night.  Spoot watched Leelou because Brett tracked Spoot to Leelou.

We dont know his alignment but if he's not the tracker, how else would he have known that?

GFY

7 hours ago, deckerfan said:

This is rehashing what has been said verbatim. 

Her behavior is odd and should be rehashed until she gets lynched. No need to bring up less strong points when the ones already presented are so damning.

Sketchy on D1 was repeating myself from my catch up posts the other day though.

This I agree with. If she did this as town, then I take back my compliments about her play.

The most egregious thing in the entire game to this point, is Lily counter-claiming Brett and concluding he's scum, and then getting behind my reaction test to vote Hess.

Agreed.  Makes zero sense and then when I saw Decker voting someone other than Brett, I was like, WTF? 

None of it makes sense.  At all. 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Huh? Brett revealed what he did before Crusher revealed Spoot had a role.  

Brett revealed, exactly what happened last night.  Spoot watched Leelou because Brett tracked Spoot to Leelou.

We dont know his alignment but if he's not the tracker, how else would he have known that?

GFY

Ugh, if they are both lying. You dipsh*t.

Official D2 Vote Count

Lily (5) - Brett, Calder, Hess, JiF, Ape

Spoot (2) - Leelou, Spoot

Calder (1) - decker

Brett (1) - Lily

Crusher (1) - Crusher

Not Voting (3) - Ballin, CTM, AVM

With 13 alive it takes 7 dumbasses to lynch.

DEADLINE:  Monday, 3 PM EST

Official D2 Vote Count

Lily (6) - Brett, Calder, Hess, JiF, Ape, AVM

Spoot (2) - Leelou, Spoot

Calder (1) - decker

Brett (1) - Lily

Crusher (1) - Crusher

Not Voting (2) - Ballin, CTM

With 13 alive it takes 7 dumbasses to lynch.

DEADLINE:  Monday, 3 PM EST

ugh I can support this lynch but it's bothering me that I can basically kill Lilly right now very easily but we couldn't get spoot lynched despite him being on the ropes for most of the day ..

need to think a bit

Lilly moving so easily to Hess and decker her team mate also not voting Brett stinks pretty badly.  the fact that she'd so easily take an out not to have this settled is pretty damning  

but I also can't figure what to gain by claiming in the first place 

50 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Ugh, if they are both lying. You dipsh*t.

Explain to me how Brett would know who Spoot Watched?  lmfao

Just a wild guess and he happened to be right?

You're the dumb ass here, dumb ass.

lol

He may not be town but he certainly knew exactly what happened in the night phase.  How?

Just now, JiF said:

Explain to me how Brett would know who Spoot Watched?  lmfao

Just a wild guess and he happened to be right?

You're the dumb ass here, dumb ass.

lol

He may not be town but he certainly knew exactly what happened in the night phase.  How?

Sweet Jesus.

If they are both lying, making them both scum, then they corroborate each others lies. Meaning, they conceive the lies before telling them, so that they are believable.

If scum has a watcher, then they'd probably assume that town has a tracker. In which case, they'd want to pre-empt the tracker's info/claim. So, Brett would tell Spoot, "Spoot, you put in the NK on Leelou. I'm going to claim tracker and say I tracked you to Leelou, then you say you are the watcher and were seeing if anyone shot at Leelou." Or something loosely to this effect still remains a possibility, especially if Lily flips town tracker. 

You've lost all privilege for calling people dumb.

24 minutes ago, CTM said:

ugh I can support this lynch but it's bothering me that I can basically kill Lilly right now very easily but we couldn't get spoot lynched despite him being on the ropes for most of the day ..

need to think a bit

I'll go back to Spoot in a heartbeat.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Sweet Jesus.

If they are both lying, making them both scum, then they corroborate each others lies. Meaning, they conceive the lies before telling them, so that they are believable.

If scum has a watcher, then they'd probably assume that town has a tracker. In which case, they'd want to pre-empt the tracker's info/claim. So, Brett would tell Spoot, "Spoot, you put in the NK on Leelou. I'm going to claim tracker and say I tracked you to Leelou, then you say you are the watcher and were seeing if anyone shot at Leelou." Or something loosely to this effect still remains a possibility, especially if Lily flips town tracker. 

You've lost all privilege for calling people dumb.

WTF are you talking about?

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=42704.0;

16 minutes ago, CTM said:

Lilly moving so easily to Hess and decker her team mate also not voting Brett stinks pretty badly.  the fact that she'd so easily take an out not to have this settled is pretty damning  

but I also can't figure what to gain by claiming in the first place 

I would rather lynch me or Brett.  

Just now, JiF said:

WTF are you talking about?

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=42704.0;

Pinging big time ^^^^

This is a pretty simple concept to grasp. You are trying to paint it as paranoia, when the reality is you're talking about people as "vetted" when they aren't, which is exactly what a corroborating lie is intended to facilitate.

Pinging big time ^^^^

This is a pretty simple concept to grasp. You are trying to paint it as paranoia, when the reality is you're talking about people as "vetted" when they aren't, which is exactly what a corroborating lie is intended to facilitate.

It's not a simple concept to grasp because I'm on a town mason team with Vanilla Crusher and Watcher Spoot who watched Leelou.

lmfao

Your tin foil hat paranoia is absolutely cracking me up, so thank you for it.  You'll laugh at yourself when it's all said and done.  This sh*t is awesome. 

Just now, HessStation said:

Why not JiF or Crisher just in case?

Because Spoot is the one being protected. Seems pretty obvious to start with him. Also, knowing whether there is a town watcher helps determine if there's a tracker in town or scum.

Archived