Empire State Mafia: Game Thread

Jetsfan80

1 minute ago, Leelou said:

He's had a couple iffy posts and replaced no penis. He basically only comments when prodded. 

i'm trying to iso him but board sucks, there seems to be a few posts i missed though. What is his meta?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, CTM said:

this is moderately scummy.. leelou did ask him his thoughts.. typically commenting on night actions post death is scummy when un prompted and trying to shift town perception of events. You know, like Brett did and I don't remember Jif reacting too (I'll go back and look though to confirm, fml)

Yes this was the post I memtioned

3 minutes ago, Leelou said:

No clue, never played with him before. 

reading back, you and him were interacting a lot. He is very focused on gaming the mod on setup, which I don't love but I happen to agree that 1/3 of the game being able to self vet is unlikely, I'm more interested in lynching them because they've played scummy and even in the worst case scenario we can stop talkign about them so much tomorrow and POE out of the remaining pool

19 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Unvote vote crusher 

I thought he was at L2

For ****s sake.  Switch to JIF.  Try keep up already.  It's a good lynch.  Gets up away from the to tinfoil derp arguments. For arguments sake?  Did I use that right?  I'm studying hippie on Rosetta's stoned 

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

reading back, you and him were interacting a lot. He is very focused on gaming the mod on setup, which I don't love but I happen to agree that 1/3 of the game being able to self vet is unlikely, I'm more interested in lynching them because they've played scummy and even in the worst case scenario we can stop talkign about them so much tomorrow and POE out of the remaining pool

Yes the hippie gets it.  

16 hours ago, Calder said:

Reading back I still didn't see a satisfying answer how 5 town roles, representing 1/3 of the game, could possibly be fully town masons. I cant see how that makes any sense in a game this size. 

Vote: Spoot

The nature of that game design makes 0 sense and is way more significant than the missed night action.

13 hours ago, Calder said:

So you buy that the 2nd mason team of three can be legit? 

13 hours ago, Calder said:

You got me on that last bit. On the charge of laziness I am guilty. But, lynching me won't net you scum and it won't let anyone off the hook that no game set-up ever would allow 1/3 of the town players to be self-confirmed through mason groups.

this is what i was referring too, it's basically all his content today

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Do you think they used the rainbow poster board on purpose?  I can never find any when I need it.

haha, i wavered when posting this as it's potentially highly insensitive. I happen to think they are ridiculous and thus funny, but others might not. The fact that you don't have an issue with it helps, lol

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

haha, i wavered when posting this as it's potentially highly insensitive. I happen to think they are ridiculous and thus funny, but others might not. The fact that you don't have an issue with it helps, lol

Man can screw up anything.  All I have to say about it.  

11 hours ago, CTM said:

also, since decker was a blocked NK by brett. We can safely assume he is town and that mason team was 100% legit and un mixed. 

11 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Yes.

Everyone knows.

Not everyone -- JiF stated earlier today maybe we should revisit Decker...I'll go hunt it down

21 hours ago, JiF said:

Sorry to my mason team but this wifi sucks in the middle of nowhere El Slavador.  I literally can't open quick topic. Not sure if I can help in there again. 

Fwiw - I think I would have gone else where but appreciate the effort on trying Decker again.  Maybe I just PM you guys my opinion since I seem to be able to access JN and not much else. 

NEVERMIND I'M DUMB

I "misremembered" this.  Ignore my stupidity.

2 hours ago, CTM said:

Thinking about this some more, for arguments sake, if Spoot is town and Jif is some kind of double agent, he's have no reason to kill spoot cause spoot is coming off so weak kneed and clueless here that jif would essentially be able to point him to whatever served scum best, which conveniently is what happened

I believe they are all scum but I'd like err on the side of caution and lynch Jif first. I think on the off chance it's just a mixed mason group, jif is the most likely double agent. A mixed mason group would also explain a good chunk of the dysfunction we've witnessed

What's stopping Crusher from being double-agent? 

And please, stop fear-mongering about him being a bomb. It's literally the only thing you're doing right now that's making me question your motives. Otherwise, I'm in 100% agreement that JIF has been slathering his scumtells all over his girlish body since D1. I'd be voting him, if not for the fact that you've created the question of why are you using the bomb-threat to keep us from lynching Crusher instead?

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Then vote me and prove once again you are a big loud mouth distraction to the game if town.  If scum or sk you are playing well.  If not? then haha your a dumb ape.  No excuses either fur brain.  Don't blame me.  Hell Im voting me.  

This doesn't strike me as townish. For starters, I was no distraction on D1. On D2 I opened by voting and tearing down Brett, who was scum. You came at me when I voted Brett. Right now, I'm weighing out the scenarios we've been presented with. I haven't engaged in any unnecessary arguments. Brett is the only person I bickered with, and I proved right.

Actually, the only true distraction in the game right now is the horrific play from you, JIF and Spoot.

49 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yes the hippie gets it.  

He's not saying anything much different than what I've been saying, but he gets it - and I'm a loudmouth distraction. 

Only difference is, he wants to lynch JIF first. I want to lynch you first.

@CTM if you truly think Crusher is the bomb, then why not lynch him now when town has the numbers advantage. We can have him self-hammer, or have JIF hammer him.

I've posed this idea a few times to you, you seem to be ignoring it. This idea, that you floated, that he might be a scum bomb so let's keep him alive forever is not what I'd consider sound logic. There's better ways to address having a potential scum bomb in the game.

10 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

I saw Brett when? You mean N2 when he visited Decker? How does that vouch for him? I saw no one visit Leelou N1.

FWIW, yeah...I do think it was the other way around like you cleared up.  Brett claimed he saw you and as such the three of you considered Brett somewhat vetted at the time

10 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Crusher saw me open D2 voting Brett, and I think he thought I'm the cop, so he came after me saying that my new town meta had reverted to my old town meta, and then voted me calling me scum. He acknowledged seeing my old TOWN meta, but stupidly tried to use it to get me lynched. That's a scum tell/behavior. It's got nothing to do with meta tells, this is more of a general scum tell that I've caught lots of people with.

I remember the meta bit...and that Brett was the first to scoff at a new meta, when it was clear to everyone that you were playing differently.  The "I think he thought I'm cop" bit doesn't help much though, nothing concrete to really look at.  I do recall in the past you saying that Crush reads you particularly well and "tries to reel you in" at times as town?  Or am I mixing that up?

Crush definitely has seemed off and the bomb threat does seem odd...

1 hour ago, CTM said:

ftr if somehow jif flipts town, I'd be inclined to think you are all town for the moment

So you're thinking:

JiF as scum on split team
All 3 as scum
All 3 as town

No other options?

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

And please, stop fear-mongering about him being a bomb. It's literally the only thing you're doing right now that's making me question your motives. Otherwise, I'm in 100% agreement that JIF has been slathering his scumtells all over his girlish body since D1. I'd be voting him, if not for the fact that you've created the question of why are you using the bomb-threat to keep us from lynching Crusher instead?

I don't think there is a scenario in which they're both...I know you mentioned different scum teams, but with basically one (or two? I can't remember) NK's at this point that seems kind of unlikely.  Even if it were, I don't think you can put one town in a QT with two scum teammates, so it would have to be a 1v1v1 thing...and I imagine if that were the case JiF/Crush would have legitimately turned on each other and not been this willing to roll over.

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Ok, again.. I'm operating under the belief that the 3 masons = scum. I'm willing to hedge my bets and not go for the PR first.

When crusher started offering himself up in place of spoot, I originally considered maybe Spoot was roled up and needed to get another night phase in. When that very day, brett and spoot went head to head, I began to think that can't be the case, so what is left?

1) Crusher is scum bomb looking to take out multiple townies. 

2) Crusher is town, legitimately believes that spoot is town and looking to preserve a power role

imo, those are the two best options,  am I mising another angle for crusher pushing to be lynched?

So taht leaves Jif.. the scummiest of the bunch, not offering to be lynched and provides the same intel as a crusher lynch

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

He's not saying anything much different than what I've been saying, but he gets it - and I'm a loudmouth distraction. 

Only difference is, he wants to lynch JIF first. I want to lynch you first.

ape.. what does crusher give us that jif doesn't?

1 hour ago, CTM said:

this is moderately scummy.. leelou did ask him his thoughts.. typically commenting on night actions post death is scummy when un prompted and trying to shift town perception of events. You know, like Brett did and I don't remember Jif reacting too (I'll go back and look though to confirm, fml)

JIF, Crusher and I all commented on Pac's death after the fact. For the record.

8 minutes ago, Calder said:

Does the bomb role on this site cause the hammer vote to be killed (that is what I am used too)?

Usually, yes. I can only remember one game where I think the bomb got to choose which person on their train blew up... usually it's the hammer.

1 minute ago, CTM said:

Ok, again.. I'm operating under the belief that the 3 masons = scum. I'm willing to hedge my bets and not go for the PR first.

When crusher started offering himself up in place of spoot, I originally considered maybe Spoot was roled up and needed to get another night phase in. When that very day, brett and spoot went head to head, I began to think that can't be the case, so what is left?

1) Crusher is scum bomb looking to take out multiple townies. 

2) Crusher is town, legitimately believes that spoot is town and looking to preserve a power role

imo, those are the two best options,  am I mising another angle for crusher pushing to be lynched?

So taht leaves Jif.. the scummiest of the bunch, not offering to be lynched and provides the same intel as a crusher lynch

Couldn't a third scenario in this instance be vanilla scum offering himself up for PR teammatea, instead of being a bomb?

On 3/30/2016 at 3:39 PM, JiF said:

Interesting that AVM is going for Brett.  I'll go there.

Vote AVM

bumping this again.

This is after  brett's scummy analysis of n1 death scene and after Brett caught 2 quick votes, and before he said Calder pinged for his n3 analysis (whcih bretts was way scummier)

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Usually, yes. I can only remember one game where I think the bomb got to choose which person on their train blew up... usually it's the hammer.

Ok. I have seen 1 time it was random. But, otherwise hammer vote every other time.

So we should have the consensus least trusted person hammer.

Archived