Carlton and Boomer: " Fitz/Jets have an agreement in place

32EBoozer

5 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Ahhh, I see, so when Eli's receivers make ridiculous plays, he is a part of it, but when Fitz's receivers make ridiculous plays, he is along for the ride...... Got it. Absolute worst fan base on the planet, bar none.

the helmet catch was a ridiculous play but it was also ridiculous for Eli to get away from the sack and that was in the SUPER BOWL with the game on the line.  Tell what Fitz play compares to that?

The Manningham catch was great but it was an absolute perfect throw? have we ever seen Fitz make a perfect throw and again it was in the SUPER BOWL with the game on the line.

Fitz is not Eli, Fitz is an average QB at best.

and we do have an awful fanbase, one that celebrates Fitz for meaningless #s and choking in biggest game and bashes Mark sanchez and Chad Pennington for getting to the playoffs and winning playoff games.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Difference is Fitz mostly performed well on bad teams.  Guys like Stevie Johnson and Kendall Wright had career years catching passes from him.  In something like 60+ % of his starts, Fitz-led offenses put up 20+ points.  In short, he was doing his job even if his supporting cast was not. 

Geno, meanwhile, played terribly with bad teams, and there's no evidence to suggest playing with a good team would "fix" him.

There is absolutely no difference.  We kill Geno for winning 8 games, as a rookie.  Make every excuse, drag out meaningless statistics and reasons why losses are squarely on Genos shoulders and wins had nothing to do with a kid QB.  With  Fitz, he gets a pass every time.  Every team, every loss, every CS, organization gets torn apart looking for reasons why the leader of any football team shouldnt be blamed for always sucking

At some point, and 11 years is way past that point, you are what you are.  

Some guys are just losers and all numbers pulled out of the air to provide excuses,  or flowery cliches changes nothing.  

3 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Playoffs or bust.

Sincerely,

Jets fans

Eli has credibility having won numerous div titles, taken Giants to numerous postseasons and winning 2 SBs.

1 minute ago, drdetroit said:

KT makes that catch in the buffalo game we not only make the playoffs we probably make a legit run

would have been a one in a million catch, don't throw the INT in the EZ and we have a great chance to win.

Just now, nyjunc said:

the helmet catch was a ridiculous play but it was also ridiculous for Eli to get away from the sack and that was in the SUPER BOWL with the game on the line.  Tell what Fitz play compares to that?

The Manningham catch was great but it was an absolute perfect throw? have we ever seen Fitz make a perfect throw and again it was in the SUPER BOWL with the game on the line.

Fitz is not Eli, Fitz is an average QB at best.

My argument has nothing to do with comparing Fitz to Eli, I think Eli is better. But Jets fans, who are the absolute worst, talk out of both sides of their ass, depending on which side of their ass suits their agenda (argument)

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

There is absolutely no difference.  We kill Geno for winning 8 games, as a rookie.  Make every excuse, drag out meaningless statistics and reasons why losses are squarely on Genos shoulders and wins had nothing to do with a kid QB.  With  Fitz, he gets a pass every time.  Every team, every loss, every CS, organization gets torn apart looking for reasons why the leader of any football team shouldnt be blamed for always sucking

Some guys are just losers and all numbers pulled out of the air to provide excuses,  or flowery cliches changes nothing.  

Fitz doesn't need excuses.  He performs.  The team went 10-6 last year, not 8-8.  Even if that's his highwater mark, that's higher than Geno's.  Fitz deserves blame in each of the team's 6 losses (even in the Raider game, he should not have gotten himself hurt), that much is true.  But so does Geno for why he has a 12-20 career record.

Just now, Jet Nut said:

It's Geno's fault Cro got owned by Crabtree in the raider game

Just now, BowlesMovement said:

My argument has nothing to do with comparing Fitz to Eli, I think Eli is better. But Jets fans, who are the absolute worst, talk out of both sides of their ass, depending on which side of their ass suits their agenda (argument)

Jet fans are terrible, the ones that back Fitz and bash Sanchez.  Jet fans like meaningless fantasy #s and not wins.

Just now, nyjunc said:

Eli has credibility having won numerous div titles, taken Giants to numerous postseasons and winning 2 SBs.

would have been a one in a million catch, don't throw the INT in the EZ and we have a great chance to win.

It was a terrible throw, there are about 10 things that if they did not happen the Jets win that game, one of them was on Fitz, Fitz sucks. Jets fans are literally the worst fan base on the planet, and I don't think its even close.

It was a terrible throw, there are about 10 things that if they did not happen the Jets win that game, one of them was on Fitz, Fitz sucks. Jets fans are literally the worst fan base on the planet, and I don't think its even close.

it was a team loss but Fitz was still terrible in the biggest game of his life.  he had a loaded team w/ a weak sched and failed so we should overpay him for that b/c he set some meaningless records?  I want Fitz back but at the right price.

Just now, nyjunc said:

Jet fans are terrible, the ones that back Fitz and bash Sanchez.  Jet fans like meaningless fantasy #s and not wins.

Its funny, I see Fitz and Sanchez in a very similar way. Both need teams around them to be successful, but both have shown when they have talent around them, they can play good enough QB to win, and both have shown when they don't have enough around them, they can both suck something fierce. Jets fans are the worst, they don't understand football, and are lazy, but are loyal and very passionate, and starved for a SB after so many years of horrible ownership. Its made for a terrible, terrible combo. This franchise is doomed, only way out is going to be to luck out and get a savior and have them prove it immediately.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

it was a team loss but Fitz was still terrible in the biggest game of his life.  he had a loaded team w/ a weak sched and failed so we should overpay him for that b/c he set some meaningless records?  I want Fitz back but at the right price.

I want Fitz back at the right price too, but I am not going to run around on every post bashing him because he made a bad play, and the rest of the team sucked balls as bad as he did on one day. Just like I am not going to kill Sanchez for one play, or a few plays. 

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Fitz doesn't need excuses.  He performs.  The team went 10-6 last year, not 8-8.  Even if that's his highwater mark, that's higher than Geno's.  Fitz deserves blame in each of the team's 6 losses (even in the Raider game, he should not have gotten himself hurt), that much is true.  But so does Geno for why he has a 12-20 career record.

You cant possibly believe this nonsense.

He won 10.  Should have won more, kept them out of the playoffs by shltting the bed vs Philly, Buffalo 2xs and the Pats game.  

But hey, you'll compare him with an all star cast to a rookie Geno Smith and no talent anywhere on his offense and say, see???

Just now, Jet Nut said:

You cant possibly believe this nonsense.

He won 10.  Should have won more, kept them out of the playoffs by shltting the bed vs Philly, Buffalo 2xs and the Pats game.  

But hey, you'll compare him with an all star cast to a rookie Geno Smith and no talent anywhere on his offense and say, see???

Now who's making excuses for Geno?

Just now, Jet Nut said:

No one, just using your same logic on a raw rookie who should have sat to learn the NFL game.

Too late now.  Doubling down on a bad idea is what not smart teams do.  And it's not one Macc and Bowles are enamored with, as all the evidence has suggested to this point. 

Just one more thing about Mark Sanchez. Look, I know it's a team sport. So you can't blame Fitz singlehandedly for losing that Bills game. Even though some people have no room for compassion. And they always have to blame in on someone esp the Qb. On the other hand some Jets fans still love Mark because he was the Qb on a team that brought us to two AFC Championship games. And as Jets fans they are starving for a Super Bowl in their life times. So Mark almost gave them that and they'll never ever forget that (even though he really doesn't deserve any of the credit). But imo from the second half of 2011 until the end of 2012 Sanchez singlehandedly lost us games. 

14 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

The end zone pick I actually blame Gailey we should have been more conservative on that drive.  But Ivory might have been hurt and Ridley was horribly ineffective

Fitz's QBR throwing to Decker was like in the 140's

9 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Its funny, I see Fitz and Sanchez in a very similar way. Both need teams around them to be successful, but both have shown when they have talent around them, they can play good enough QB to win, and both have shown when they don't have enough around them, they can both suck something fierce. Jets fans are the worst, they don't understand football, and are lazy, but are loyal and very passionate, and starved for a SB after so many years of horrible ownership. Its made for a terrible, terrible combo. This franchise is doomed, only way out is going to be to luck out and get a savior and have them prove it immediately.

In a way except Sanchez w/ a similar team helped his team reach two title games.

9 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

For a year and a half Sanchez gave us the worst Qbing in the entire NFL. 

He was terrible in 2012 as any QB would have given the talent and situation he was in.  Other than that he was good for us every other year.

Just now, drdetroit said:

The end zone pick I actually blame Gailey we should have been more conservative on that drive.  But Ivory might have been hurt and Ridley was horribly ineffective

Fitz's QBR throwing to Decker was like in the 140's

sometimes you have to trust your QB to make good decisions.  

Just now, nyjunc said:

In a way except Sanchez w/ a similar team helped his team reach two title games.

He was terrible in 2012 as any QB would have given the talent and situation he was in.  Other than that he was good for us every other year.

Its amazing how you can violently contradict yourself in one post...... 

Just now, nyjunc said:

He was terrible the second half of 2011 also. And a good Qb rises above the talent and makes the most out of it. He made it worse. Plus the talent wasn't as bad as you claim it was.

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Just one more thing about Mark Sanchez. Look, I know it's a team sport. So you can't blame Fitz singlehandedly for losing that Bills games. Even though some people have no room for compassion. And they always have to blame in on someone esp the Qb. On the other hand some Jets fans still love Mark because he was the Qb on a team that brought us to two AFC Championship games. And as Jets fans they are starving for a Super Bowl in their life times. So Mark almost gave them that and they'll never ever forget that (even though he really doesn't deserve any of the credit). But imo from the second half of 2011 until the end of 2012 Sanchez singlehandedly lost us games. 

again, Mark stunk in 2012 but look at the healthy talent he had and then throw in a sprinkle of tebow and Sparano.

he struggled down the stretch in 2011 w/ a dysfunctional team. he didn't do a good job bu the D blew many of those games late that season including the last 3 to Philly, NYG and Miami.

Just now, nyjunc said:

again, Mark stunk in 2012 but look at the healthy talent he had and then throw in a sprinkle of tebow and Sparano.

he struggled down the stretch in 2011 w/ a dysfunctional team. he didn't do a good job bu the D blew many of those games late that season including the last 3 to Philly, NYG and Miami.

The excuses never stop. What about the coaching staff being terrible. I've heard that one, too.

Its amazing how you can violently contradict yourself in one post...... 

How so?

Just now, Rangers9 said:

He was terrible the second half of 2011 also. And a good Qb rises above the talent and makes the most out of it. He made it worse. Plus the talent wasn't as bad as you claim it was.

Terrible is a strong word, he struggled late in 2011 but the entire team did too.

The talent in 2012 was some of the worst we have ever had.  Remember Holmes and keller were hurt most of that year and they were his only 2 reliable options.  Much of that year saw his main options as rookie Stephen Hill, Clyde Gates and Chaz Schilens.  At TE he had Jeff Cumberland as his main option in Cumberland's first year really playing for us.  All this was led by offensive guru Tony Sparano and then we threw in the tebow distraction for some fun.  he was in an impossible spot.

Mark was bad his first season but he was a rookie. Also they were smart and tried to not put him in a position to lose games for the team. IMO this is what they should have done his entire time here. Only allow him to be a game manager which he has the talent to succeed in. If Denver gives him that role with their defense they could be ok. If they allow him to be a complete throwing Qb he will turn the ball over.

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The excuses never stop. What about the coaching staff being terrible. I've heard that one, too.

excuses or reality?  

2 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Watching that I just had a hunch something bad was about to happen and it did.  A fg would have gotten us the lead 

the entire game we looked off, I blame everyone outside of Marshall for that loss but Fitz did play a huge role.

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Jets had ok talent in 2011 on offense and total sh-tshow in 2012 plus Woody wanted tebowmania

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

How so?

Terrible is a strong word, he struggled late in 2011 but the entire team did too.

The talent in 2012 was some of the worst we have ever had.  Remember Holmes and keller were hurt most of that year and they were his only 2 reliable options.  Much of that year saw his main options as rookie Stephen Hill, Clyde Gates and Chaz Schilens.  At TE he had Jeff Cumberland as his main option in Cumberland's first year really playing for us.  All this was led by offensive guru Tony Sparano and then we threw in the tebow distraction for some fun.  he was in an impossible spot.

"Struggled" not terrible. Are we getting politically correct now. 

1 minute ago, drdetroit said:

Jets had ok talent in 2011 on offense and total sh-tshow in 2012 plus Woody wanted tebowmania

The talent was MUCH better in 2011 than 2012 but 3 of the top 5 weapons heading into that season were out of football in 2012 and it was a dysfunctional group. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

"Struggled" not terrible. Are we getting politically correct now. 

he wasn't terrible, in 2012 he was but even when he struggled he gave us a chance in 2011.  we missed the playoffs b/c of our overrated D mostly.

36 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

It wasn't Tebow's fault. As terrible as Mark was that season they wouldn't allow him to play probably because they never (even though Rex said they did) came up with an offense he could run.He had a total of about 8 pass attempts that entire year. And they put him in on running plays when the opponents esp on 3rd downs keyed on him because it was obvious he was going to run the ball. It was a joke. And not his fault. 

55 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Be the dumbest thing ever to trade Mo now for a 2nd round pick.

I prefer Fitz over Geno but Fitz is not that much better.

I agree with your Mo statement.

Fitz is MUCH better, and with Decker and Marshall - he will be as good as last year at the very least - I think it can only get better the 2nd time around. Geno needs to peace the f out :)

Archived