Tinstar's updated Jets post Ferguson draft / with trade

Tinstar

The New York Jets have traded Mohammed Wilkerson to the Chicago Bears for the Bears 2nd round pick(#41) 3rd round pick (# 71) and 5th round pick (#150)

The new York Jets trade the 20th pick in the 1st round to the Denver Broncos for the Broncos 31st pick in the 1st round, a 2016 5th and 6th rounder and a 2017 2nd rounder . (This trade is contingent upon Paxton Lynch being available at the 20th pick in round 1)

1st round : Jason Spriggs - OT Indiana  - 

2nd round : Christian Hackenberg - QB -  Penn State

2nd round : Nick Martin - OC - Notre Dame

3rd round : Joshua Perry - ILB -  OSU

3rd round :  Nick Vannett - TE - OSU

4th round :Jordan Jenkins - OLB - Georgia

5th round : Le'Raven Clarke  - Clemson

5th round : Vernon Butler - DT - La Tech

6th round : Jacoby Brissett - QB - NC State

7th round : Victor Ochi - OLB - Stony Brook

7th round : Cody Core - Wr - Ole miss

Nice draft.  Im a big fan of Nick Martin. 

Your draft rebuilds the O line.  Hackenberg is a good prospect worth rolling the dice on in the second. Not sure about drafting a second QB since hes unlikely to make the team.  Also would rather take a WR in the 3rd rather than TE. We need to get younger at WR and the value at TE simply is not there this year. Also would like to see us get a CB for depth. 

Overall id be happy with this

3 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I love Jordan Jenkins but I think he'll be gone by the 4th round.

Maybe. Jordan jenkins will be more help in the running game. Not much of a pass rusher. I think his ceiling is Calvin Pace type OLB. Thats not a bad thing but if your looking for an edge rusher, Jenkins is not your guy

12 minutes ago, kennyo7 said:

Your draft rebuilds the O line.  Hackenberg is a good prospect worth rolling the dice on in the second. Not sure about drafting a second QB since hes unlikely to make the team.  Also would rather take a WR in the 3rd rather than TE. We need to get younger at WR and the value at TE simply is not there this year. Also would like to see us get a CB for depth. 

I have come to believe that Fitz will resign with this team . I also believe that the jets will go into camp with a bunch of rookie QBs auditioning . I can see a few of em ending up either on the practice squad and or on injured reserved with some mysterious injury.  I like Brissett  for the mysterious injury category. I also like Geno as the backup for this yr.  That leaves Hackenberg and Petty battling it out for the clip board holder . I like Hack for this job .

I see it this way.

Fitz

Smith

Hackenberg

Petty - injured reserve - last yr in system to catch on or hit the road .

Brissett   Pactice squad.

2017 ;

Hackenberg / Petty/ Smith battle for starting gig

Losers battle for backup

Brissett clip board holder

draft another QB and throw him in the system.

Even after making the trade for Clady I like taking Spriggs. I think we could get him in the second round at pick 41. I think if Paxton Lynch is available at pick 20 you have to take him though. The kid has a lot of upside and its not worth taking the chance that another good first round QB prospect will fall into our lap again in the coming years. I don't think Lynch will be an elite QB but I think he has a good chance of landing on the Ryan/Stafford/Flacco tier which would make most fans pretty happy.

1 hour ago, kennyo7 said:

Thanks . I used the trade of Wilkerson and the trade down to facilitate the replacements of Harris, Mangold and Clady along with adding a guy who I think will be a franchise QB.

Clady is replaced by either Spriggs or Clarke .

Mangold is replaced by Martin

Harris is replaced by Perry .

I even think I could luck into a NT replacement for Snacks with Butler .

11 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Well, thats a strange draft, there is no way Le'raven Clark and Vernon Butler will be there on the 5th round.

If that's the worst you can say about this draft, i'll take it . I'm sure I can find replacements for those 2 if need be . 

Austin Johnson

Vincent valentine 

D J Reader just to name a few

9 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Even after making the trade for Clady I like taking Spriggs. I think we could get him in the second round at pick 41. I think if Paxton Lynch is available at pick 20 you have to take him though. The kid has a lot of upside and its not worth taking the chance that another good first round QB prospect will fall into our lap again in the coming years. I don't think Lynch will be an elite QB but I think he has a good chance of landing on the Ryan/Stafford/Flacco tier which would make most fans pretty happy.

There's no way I am drafting a QB who I think is a 2-3 year project at 20 when I can use him as a bargaining chip to do what I want an acquire more picks .  Spriggs I took at 31 because I don't think he will last until the bears pick in the 2nd round  while I think Hackenberg might . The object here is to not allow Hackenberg to reach the Texans 2nd round pick .

I really want to draft Devontae Booker, but with his age and the RBs we have on the roster, it might be unwise . Will add someone as an UDRFA after the draft

There's no way I am drafting a QB who I think is a 2-3 year project at 20 when I can use him as a bargaining chip to do what I want an acquire more picks .  Spriggs I took at 31 because I don't think he will last until the bears pick in the 2nd round  while I think Hackenberg might . The object here is to not allow Hackenberg to reach the Texans 2nd round pick .

I really want to draft Devontae Booker, but with his age and the RBs we have on the roster, it might be unwise . Will add someone as an UDRFA after the draft

I honestly think lynch is more talented and more nfl ready than Blake bortels was. I don't see him as a 2 to 3 year project but maybe one year to develop him. He could end up being the best qb in the draft but it's one of those things if he busts your are happy you didn't get suckered but if he ends up being decent it will be hard to live with. Would you go back in time and take Bridgewater over Pryor? I bet the browns wish they targeted Bridgewater over manziel

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

I honestly think lynch is more talented and more nfl ready than Blake bortels was. I don't see him as a 2 to 3 year project but maybe one year to develop him. He could end up being the best qb in the draft but it's one of those things if he busts your are happy you didn't get suckered but if he ends up being decent it will be hard to live with. Would you go back in time and take Bridgewater over Pryor? I bet the browns wish they targeted Bridgewater over manziel

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

There's no way I would ever draft a strong safety ahead of a QB or even at the point where we drafted Pryor .  I was all over Teddy Bridgewater after I watched him against Rutgers the year before he came out . He should be the Jets starting QB for this coming season after having sat for the 1st year .We blew it again . The only QBs that interest me from this draft are Carson Wentz, Christian Hackenberg and Jacoby Brissett .

I have no idea why you like Hackenberg this much..... Look, he may not end up being as over the top terrible as people portray him... but it's a stretch to think he'll suddenly be GREAT... He's accuracy and pocket poise are real issues and you're asking me to not only spend a 2nd rounder on him, but also stake the future of the franchise?...

Can't... Won't. 

And Butler is going in the top 20-30, you're not just a little off there. lol 

I like Spriggs, but Lynch and Coleman would have to be out of the picture

Archived