MMQB Story (Hackenberg Meeting)

KRL

KRL.....

I don't know if you will see this or not but "You be the Man" this is such a quality article......

Thank you so much :)

Oh and it shows that our front office is no Joke. I mean Nooooooo Joke!!!

This is called a professional outfit and this is how you do things in an organized and strategic manner and while it doesn't guarantee success, it affords our greatest path to sustained excellence over time than I can ever recall as a Jet's fan.

Amazing!!!!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

KRL.....

I don't know if you will see this or not but "You be the Man" this is such a quality article......

Thank you so much :)

Oh and it shows that our front office is no Joke. I mean Nooooooo Joke!!!

This is called a professional outfit and this is how you do things in an organized and strategic manner and while it doesn't guarantee success, it affords our greatest path to sustained excellence over time than I can ever recall as a Jet's fan.

Amazing!!!!

Agreed, these guys have a plan and I'm glad to see they are putting the work in, being creative and leaving no stone unturned. This is the most important draft in many years as we really now get to see what the new regime can do. So far it's been encouraging. It's a long way from tannenbaum and Rex having milkshakes and coming up with the genius idea to trade for tebow

10 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

SHould we expect him to start this year, do you think?  I have mixed feelings.  I would like to see him avoid the pressure and be allowed to develop but this corps of receivers (especially Marshall) may not be together when he is ready.

No please no. Hackenberg needs time to heal and to forget the last 2 yrs  .

5 hours ago, slats said:

The Jets had the easiest schedule in the NFL last year, the Denver Broncos beat the best of the best en route to a Super Bowl Championship. You can't compare straight up numbers like that. You'd need to use one of those nerd number sites for a truer comparison. 

I'll say it again, we have PLENTY of talent going into 2016.  Our roster is a playoff caliber roster, right now.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

I'll say it again, we have PLENTY of talent going into 2016.  Our roster is a playoff caliber roster, right now.

Which positions did the jets upgrade this offseason? And what playoff caliber teams did the jets beat last season? Unless you think the redskins and the 4th string pats team were legitimate rosters too :lol:

On 5/6/2016 at 3:59 PM, Warfish said:

Sanchez > Geno

Much as I wanted Sanchez replaced, and think Sanchez will never be more than a serviceable, average-at-best veteran QB, he's still better than Geno, and I'd take him in a heartbeat over Geno in 2016 with this Jets roster.

Gono knows the system, Mark doesn't.  IMHO it's push at best with Geno having a bit more upside potential.

8 hours ago, cant wait said:

Which positions did the jets upgrade this offseason? And what playoff caliber teams did the jets beat last season? Unless you think the redskins and the 4th string pats team were legitimate rosters too :lol:

I see we're back in 2013/2014 territory for Geno Fans, eh?

In order to protect the "just needs a fair chance/no talent around him" meme as long as possible, now the entire Jets roster going into 2016 must be sub-par?  Lol, no.  But if/when Geno fails (again), the same folks can say it wasn't him (again), it was the talent around him (again), and the coaching (again), that we owe it to Geno to give him a real fair chance (again).

Same stuff different day I guess.

If you can't see that we have a playoff-level-competitive roster (outside of QB), right now, well, I guess some folks like living int he land of self delusion.  We have an elite, top 5 defense that should only be better in 2016, one of the best and most productive #1/#2 WR combos in the NFL, solid workmanlike production and depth at RB, and a solid-enough O-line.  We even bolstered LB, our one and only defensive weakness.  

Be it Fitz, be it Geno, the Jets should compete to be a playoff team in 2016.  It'll all come down to the quality of QB play.

9 hours ago, Warfish said:

I see we're back in 2013/2014 territory for Geno Fans, eh?

In order to protect the "just needs a fair chance/no talent around him" meme as long as possible, now the entire Jets roster going into 2016 must be sub-par?  Lol, no.  But if/when Geno fails (again), the same folks can say it wasn't him (again), it was the talent around him (again), and the coaching (again), that we owe it to Geno to give him a real fair chance (again).

Same stuff different day I guess.

If you can't see that we have a playoff-level-competitive roster (outside of QB), right now, well, I guess some folks like living int he land of self delusion.  We have an elite, top 5 defense that should only be better in 2016, one of the best and most productive #1/#2 WR combos in the NFL, solid workmanlike production and depth at RB, and a solid-enough O-line.  We even bolstered LB, our one and only defensive weakness.  

Be it Fitz, be it Geno, the Jets should compete to be a playoff team in 2016.  It'll all come down to the quality of QB play.

first off, I would rather have fitz come into next season so let's put the geno thing away. Just because I'm not interested in burying smith further doesn't mean I have an agenda here. Secondly, I'm not saying the jets roster is sub-par, I'm just not willing to crown them as a legitimate contender yet. Yes we drafted some nice looking linebackers but expecting them to come in day one and produce is pushing it. There's legitimate question marks here, losing our starting NT and with Harris/revis both being a year older. I don't know how you can come into next season saying this D is elite after the way they played in week 17. What I saw last season was a team that overachieved, an improving team no doubt, but still hasn't yet made the jump to be considered a playoff team. Will the young guys step up and make a difference next season? I certainly hope so but I won't be surprised if we take a step back from 10-6 or remain on the bubble. Especially given that we have no idea who the starting QB will be

58 minutes ago, cant wait said:

first off, I would rather have fitz come into next season so let's put the geno thing away.

Fair enough, so we're in agreement on this point.  Fitz > Geno for purposes of 2016.

Just because I'm not interested in burying smith further doesn't mean I have an agenda here.

I'm not interested in "burying" anyone.  Geno will do whatever Geno will do, you, I, none here has any effect on that whatsoever.

What I AM interested in is invalidating the constant Jets Fan refrains of "need to give him a fair chance" and "He had no talent around him".

If he is the man in 2016, he'll be on his third fair chance, and he will have a playoff-competitive level of talent around him.

Secondly, I'm not saying the jets roster is sub-par, I'm just not willing to crown them as a legitimate contender yet.

The talent of the 2016 Jets roster in unquestionably playoff-competitive-level.

Their being or not being a playoff contender in 2016 is something completely different, and relies on QB play, injuries, luck, surprises, etc.

I don't know how you can come into next season saying this D is elite after the way they played in week 17.

Fair point that, admittedly.  With that said, we still ran the 5th ranked Defense int he NFL in 2016, and IMO we've done nothing but get better (with perhaps one exception, Snacks).  It's reasonable to expect our Defensive-minded coach, who drafted hard to improve the D, to put up a top-end Defense in 2016.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Fair enough, so we're in agreement on this point.  Fitz > Geno for purposes of 2016.

I'm not interested in "burying" anyone.  Geno will do whatever Geno will do, you, I, none here has any effect on that whatsoever.

What I AM interested in is invalidating the constant Jets Fan refrains of "need to give him a fair chance" and "He had no talent around him".

If he is the man in 2016, he'll be on his third fair chance, and he will have a playoff-competitive level of talent around him.

The talent of the 2016 Jets roster in unquestionably playoff-competitive-level.

Their being or not being a playoff contender in 2016 is something completely different, and relies on QB play, injuries, luck, surprises, etc.

Fair point that, admittedly.  With that said, we still ran the 5th ranked Defense int he NFL in 2016, and IMO we've done nothing but get better (with perhaps one exception, Snacks).  It's reasonable to expect our Defensive-minded coach, who drafted hard to improve the D, to put up a top-end Defense in 2016.

I agree the defense can be improved this season, some of the dead weight has been cut but we're still depending on a bunch of young and unproven players to step up. I think it's a possibility, but if at the end of the day if the jets fall short of the playoffs and go 8-8, 7-9 but show they are starting to build something I'll be happy. This team badly needs an infusion of young talent to start taking over, otherwise the wheels are going to come off this thing very fast like it did for philly and SF

Archived