Criminal Minds Mafia Game Thread

2 minutes ago, Andrej The Giant said:

And I expect that she'll explain when she comes around again.

Think about it this way. Nyn tends to focus on people when they say things that don't make sense. I know you disagree, but Nolder voting me for the reasons he did were bad and he basically had no leg to stand on. What you see as Nyn bringing attention back to it, I see Nyn finding a scum read and then forcing other people to talk about it. Hint: look at her interaction with DPR D1 about Nolder

We do disagree.  There was nothing wrong with his logic, at all.  Nyn made a mountain out of mole hill.  She then took everything that happened in the game from there forward to fit the agenda she created over one comment.  That's not scum hunting.  That's something scum would do.  She literally didnt even consider another player.

I'm clearly the only one seeing it, so it's not going anywhere right now but I theoretically disagree that her play was one of a townie.  Especially when you consider her actions at day break on D2.  

6 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I know she's got a lot going on IRL and limited access so her low involvement doesn't bother me. I'm not comfortable clearing her quite yet but at the same time I don't find her particularly suspicious. I think she's trying.

Ok.

My biggest issue is her having you as a scum read. I also think her JC vote looks more opportunistic in hindsight. If she's just busy that could explain why she's not that involved but most of her head to head interactions were after she got called out.

36 minutes ago, JiF said:

You think she displayed classic town Nyn on D1.  Well what about D2?  Just drop a vote on DPR at day break and disappear.  No explanation, no contribution...just a vote on a player that looked to be the obvious favorite for a lynch today.

Is that a town behavior?  

I said DPR was my second choice to lynch on D1. it didn't come out of thin air or cause it was the "obvious lynch of the day". I also don't see how that's the case when the opening vote getters of the day were Lily, me and I think then Lee voted DPR? The votes were spread out so I don't see how it was obvious or why there's this repeated thing of characterizing DPR as an easy mislynch. I'd never think he is. Ever. 

Fact of the matter is that every post he makes is triggering my gag reflex. I don't see good and reasonable responses like in the kingsmaker game that made me eventually town read him. He's just gross all around. And my vote is staying where it is.

As for my activity level? Anyone that has a problem with it can go **** themselves. I'm doing Hallia a solid because she's a sweetheart, but this is the most I can manage timewise and that's all you guys are gonna get whether you like it or not. If you guys wanna lynch me for reduced activity when I gave fair warning in the sign up? go ahead. 

32 minutes ago, Andrej The Giant said:

Ok.

My biggest issue is her having you as a scum read. I also think her JC vote looks more opportunistic in hindsight. If she's just busy that could explain why she's not that involved but most of her head to head interactions were after she got called out.

just because we've played together a lot doesn't mean that she'll always read me correctly and vice versa. just last game I played she took me for a ride when I was town reading her the entire time and she was scumming hardcore. It happens. I'm not going to psych myself out just because she's somewhat suspicious of me. In a weird way her not rushing to town read me is less worrisome lol  We'll see I guess. 

That's fair but I still think it's suspect.

I'd like to hear her explain for herself where the scum read comes from.

Currently I'm WTL Leelou and DPR. Both are good wagons imo.

I think Nyn is town. Crusher didn't play D1 like I remember him as scum from a game on DM so I think he's town. He was lurky in that game and here he was engaging several players. Ape is probably town although he can get twisted up in other tangles. JiF I'm mixed on but willing to work with at least.

Smash/Lily are in that null range for me. They both voted Nolder for mostly the same thing, Lily stayed parked and Smash came back to put him at L-1 and then proceeded to emo sh*t post. I don't know if that's telling for him either way though.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

We do disagree.  There was nothing wrong with his logic, at all.  Nyn made a mountain out of mole hill.  She then took everything that happened in the game from there forward to fit the agenda she created over one comment.  That's not scum hunting.  That's something scum would do.  She literally didnt even consider another player.

I'm clearly the only one seeing it, so it's not going anywhere right now but I theoretically disagree that her play was one of a townie.  Especially when you consider her actions at day break on D2.  

Good post. Not sure I agree it makes her scum, as we've seen plenty of townies make mountains out of molehills, but it shows a thought process from you - rather than whiny crap.

Personally, I don't think scum is prone to making a spectacle of themselves in a proactive manner, which is what Nyn did. She opted-in on over-investing in Nolder, when he's a relatively easy guy to get lynched. That's sticking out the neck for Nyn, for when Nolder flips town. So, to me, the only way she'd do that as scum is IF the other person getting heat is scum, and Nyn was trying to protect that person ... and that points to DPR, no? Who else was getting votes/heat? I went after you a lot. Maybe you? Who else?

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Exact reason I came out with my Lilly vote.  We got our clocks cleaned by an all girls scum team.  I want to hear from Lilly been lurking and not doing much.  I was dead wrong on my read last game with Leelou.  I gave her benefit because of a comment she made about having hard time getting on but I don't like what I see from her so far at all.  Not to break your balls of the three girls NYN is reading Most town to me.  Have not looked back at her and looked away when she was flirting with Kleck but I am more concerned about the other two. 

You very well may be a ghost in some short time.  Good call.  

So, aside from getting prickly with JIF on D1... what are you planning to bring to the table?

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Good post. Not sure I agree it makes her scum, as we've seen plenty of townies make mountains out of molehills, but it shows a thought process from you - rather than whiny crap.

Personally, I don't think scum is prone to making a spectacle of themselves in a proactive manner, which is what Nyn did. She opted-in on over-investing in Nolder, when he's a relatively easy guy to get lynched. That's sticking out the neck for Nyn, for when Nolder flips town. So, to me, the only way she'd do that as scum is IF the other person getting heat is scum, and Nyn was trying to protect that person ... and that points to DPR, no? Who else was getting votes/heat? I went after you a lot. Maybe you? Who else?

I agree with the bold.

i also don't think anyone else was under any serious pressure prior to Nolder coming in and voting me.

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So, aside from getting prickly with JIF on D1... what are you planning to bring to the table?

Bring to the table?   Yeah. I BRING thins to the table.

Fruday and weekend are tough for me.  Always have been.  But as I get time want to go back and look at Leelou and Lilly.  Looked at JIF, DPR, 80 and Smash.  Leaving for lunch with Mrs Crusher.  Will get to it as so as I can. 

On 7/20/2016 at 4:47 PM, Jetscode1 said:

Unvote, Vote Nolder

Would also consider 80, DPR or Lily.

JC's list. 

On 7/20/2016 at 1:51 PM, Nynaeve said:

I'm not fixated on one thing. I've been giving reads, discussing things and being 100% transparent about what I'm thinking. I spoke of AJ, 80, Ape, gave a shout out to Lee and Lily and been otherwise interacting with pretty much anyone that would talk to me. My vote is staying where it is for the simple fact that I think Nolder is prolly scum. And as long as he does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to change my mind, my vote stays there.

This was a good defense post by Nyn, to JIF. I feel like JIF was casing her like he knew she was wrong about Nolder, before Nolder even flipped. 

On 7/20/2016 at 1:54 PM, Integrity28 said:

Oh, sorry I missed this... 

So, you're still ignoring the Smash scum tell, and shifting from OMGUS on Pac, to OMGUS on Crusher. 

Got it.

A response of mine to JIF. Why has JIF still not pressured Smash about that D1 scum tell? I mean, it's D2 now... so........ ??? Meanwhile, JIF keeps saying he's scum hunting, but ignores the best scum tell he knows on any player in mafia. Yea. Right.

On 7/20/2016 at 0:36 PM, JiF said:

Here's all of AJ's contribution prior to the "get in the game scrub" comment that everyone is focused on with Nolderp.  Pretty much a bunch of nothing from my perspective.  So much so that Nyn even asked him for more thoughts at one point.  Which I do find interesting considering she's been pretty centered around this interaction.

So, again, I see no issues with the comment from Nolderp and then everyone swarmed like bees to honey.

Again, I don't know what to make of this. I personally didn't feel Nolder was scum, so I can accept that JIF played a similar gut feel, but I'm not sure why he worked so hard to use feeling like Nolder is town, to case Nyn as scum. Not something I'd do. Regardless, JIF has his style... for better or worse, this did feel like scum hunting, maybe kinda sorta... 

On 7/20/2016 at 8:43 AM, Hallia said:

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

DPR (1): Ape

Nolder (5):  Smash, Nyn, AJ, Lily, Crusher

JC(1): Leelou

AJ(1): Nolder

JiF(2): Pac, JC

Pac(3): JiF, 80, DPR

Not Voting: Ghost Town

So, now was around the time Nyn started getting grilled about Nolder vote. She dug in, around when JIF and Pac started catching heat. Thing is, JIF was driving a lot of the heat on her in this moment. I think. I think it's inconclusive.

On 7/19/2016 at 11:13 PM, D P R said:

1. Typical Pac statement regarding the Ape.

2. Typical Pac statement regarding Klecko.

3. Typical Pac statement regarding JiF.

4. Typical Pac scum tell when he accuses another player of doing what he's doing himself: "someone trying to be loud without saying sh-t."

This is JC's post quoting the above post from Pac. I'm tucking it in my ping file. 

This post was disgusting. For DPR to point out a "scum tell" on Pac, but not vote him... I called him on it. JIF called it a good post, below... 

On 7/20/2016 at 9:19 AM, JiF said:

Good post...agreed.

Personally, I don't think there's a point moving forward unless we lynch either JIF or DPR, preferably the latter who is OBVIOUS SCUM.

^ Ape's post above.

He says "This post was disgusting. For DPR to point out a "scum tell" on Pac, but not vote him... I called him on it. JIF called it a good post, below... "

But the quote directly above that is a vote count with my vote on Pac.

This is ridiculous. 

10 minutes ago, D P R said:

^ Ape's post above.

He says "This post was disgusting. For DPR to point out a "scum tell" on Pac, but not vote him... I called him on it. JIF called it a good post, below... "

But the quote directly above that is a vote count with my vote on Pac.

This is ridiculous. 

LOL

Those quotes have reverse time stamps.

But looking back, you were already voting him. Why, when I called you out, didn't you just point that out? That would have shut me up about it... I guess the question would then become "why would JIF nudge your scum tell on Pac, but not vote Pac himself?"

No?

I really don't believe both DPR and JIF are scum, but I'm pretty comfy assuming one of them is.

13 minutes ago, D P R said:

Honestly, all he does is his scum dance where he FOS's JiF, then clears JiF, while he keeps his vote on me.

I feel like I'm insane - i can't be the only one seeing this. 

No, everyone sees what I'm doing, I'm being the aggressor... this is what I do, when I'm in a game with a bunch of shy, delicate flowers. If you would like me to dial it down, you can just ask. When I assume this role, I expect to miss details, I expect to chase dead-ends, and I expect that everyone who wants to take a more laid-back, I'm going to observe and report approach is doing so... so my efforts are not in vain.

So, if you truly intend to catch scum, why don't you weigh in on the reactions I'm causing, and share your reads with us. Instead of what you've been doing, which is little more than defamation of my efforts, and making hedging statements.

If you want to accuse me of being scum, then do it. Otherwise, collaborate and stop being a bitch.

21 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

No, everyone sees what I'm doing, I'm being the aggressor... this is what I do, when I'm in a game with a bunch of shy, delicate flowers. If you would like me to dial it down, you can just ask. When I assume this role, I expect to miss details, I expect to chase dead-ends, and I expect that everyone who wants to take a more laid-back, I'm going to observe and report approach is doing so... so my efforts are not in vain.

So, if you truly intend to catch scum, why don't you weigh in on the reactions I'm causing, and share your reads with us. Instead of what you've been doing, which is little more than defamation of my efforts, and making hedging statements.

If you want to accuse me of being scum, then do it. Otherwise, collaborate and stop being a bitch.

Gonna pass on that.

Unknown.jpeg

55 minutes ago, D P R said:

Honestly, all he does is his scum dance where he FOS's JiF, then clears JiF, while he keeps his vote on me.

I feel like I'm insane - i can't be the only one seeing this. 

Oh, I'm with ya.  He's makes it impossible to focus. 

So who should we lynch?  

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

So who should we lynch?  

Your dumb brains make it impossible for you to focus.

With that, I'll go Sharrow here ... I've put my effort in, and it has netted proper reactions.... the only disruptive theme in content right now is the whelping sour twat bullsh*t from you and the Princess Bride.

3 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

I said DPR was my second choice to lynch on D1. it didn't come out of thin air or cause it was the "obvious lynch of the day". I also don't see how that's the case when the opening vote getters of the day were Lily, me and I think then Lee voted DPR? The votes were spread out so I don't see how it was obvious or why there's this repeated thing of characterizing DPR as an easy mislynch. I'd never think he is. Ever. 

Fact of the matter is that every post he makes is triggering my gag reflex. I don't see good and reasonable responses like in the kingsmaker game that made me eventually town read him. He's just gross all around. And my vote is staying where it is.

As for my activity level? Anyone that has a problem with it can go **** themselves. I'm doing Hallia a solid because she's a sweetheart, but this is the most I can manage timewise and that's all you guys are gonna get whether you like it or not. If you guys wanna lynch me for reduced activity when I gave fair warning in the sign up? go ahead. 

There were 2 votes, you're right...but Leelou voted DPR with no explanation and you followed suit.  

I find it concerning that you refuse to look at anything else going on in the game except your original reads.   You were predictably wrong on D1.  Now, you're completely fixated on DPR for the reasoning that he was your #2 yesterday.  So here we are on D2 you refuse to look at anything else after that strategy failed you on D1.

I never knocked you for you activity level nor do I remember anyone else knocking you for your activity level so not sure where that sassy pants emo came from.

I'm used to seeing town Nyn taking a more active role in the figuring the game out.  You iso people, you case people, you questions people.  I've seen none of that. If you're swamped, cool, I get it...but this is a different player I'm watching right now and not sure why.  

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Your dumb brains make it impossible for you to focus.

With that, I'll go Sharrow here ... I've put my effort in, and it has netted proper reactions.... the only disruptive theme in content right now is the whelping sour twat bullsh*t from you and the Princess Bride.

Pretty sure I wasnt talking to you but thanks for the input.  I'll enjoy your silence, we all need a break from the Ape.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

So who should we lynch?  

Leelou & Nun are my 1 & 2. Nun strikes me as unnecessarily aggressive and Leelou is doing her drop-in-to-attack-then-split routine. Both are skilled enough by far to cover tells, so I tend to look at things from the macro point of view of what effect are their actions having? They also get a weird synergy when they are in cahoots together and I see threads of that.

Smash and Lily are lurking. But, I do admit that both do always tend to do that because of their schedules. So, I keep them in my pocket until I see a couple or few days of play and their reactions. I figure that's what others are doing as well.

Andrej is null for me, but I do notice how easily he became a voice of reason today. I don't have a scum read on him, but my tin-foil mind can't help but see what a powerful position that would be while the rest of us who are used to each other revel in town-on-town violence.

I feel better about you and Pac. You've settled into productive scum-hunting and Pac isn't active, but isn't doing his scum thing either. Crusher is scum-hunting as well.

Ape has me all crossed up. If it were anyone else I would lynch and laugh and at the Sk reveal, the pullback and fake-reveal-reveal, his tunneling on players, terrible distraction of the game and then calling it aggressive. The problem is, he does stupid sh*t like this all the time and winds up as scum MVP. I'm tucking him with Smash and Lily for the time being and am fighting the urge to get into a trolling war, which I would enjoy to no end, but the extra 20 pages isn't exactly going to help the town.

I'll throw my vote down:

Vote Leelou

I get that other players don't see her as scum and that's fine. But, when she does the poke-and-run thing and she refuses to answer my questions, I'm usually dead on with her.

4 minutes ago, Andrej The Giant said:

Pac is dead.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

lmfao

No big deal.  He wasnt the town Cop or anything. 

Yeah he's dead - that's why I feel better about him.

Sorry, I'm having a sh*t afternoon and was jotting down thoughts while waiting to find out if I get a city permit to open a new location that's a month late. I got stress coming off of me like heat. I don't even want a martini - i just want the goddamn permit so i can open this business.

I could vote the Pirate.

i don't think him and Leelou are scum together, but with multiple deaths last Night it's not impossible they're both scum and scum hunting each other.

Nyn's aggressiveness is a town tell, and she body slammed his ass D1 for waffling on giving Nolder a read. I'm also pretty sure that's exactly why she's scum reading now, or at least what started the scum read.