Fitz Rated 25th out of 33 NFL QB's

peekskill68

Geno Smith cost the Jets $12 million. If Smith had even a modicum of ability and wasn't a prima Donna and a moron, the Jets could have cut ties with Fitzpatrick.

But, the fact that Geno sucks forced the Jets hand. Macc had no choice but to cave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, slats said:

So that ESPN list is some sort of official ranking of QBs, which should then be used to determine how much they get paid? I did not know that. 

Listen, it's water under the bridge, and Fitz is here now, but your list of QBs doesn't change the fact that Fitzpatrick didn't have any other offers close to the 3/$24M that had been on the table for months. If Mac hadn't caved -which he did- Fitz would've been going back to Elway to ask if he was serious with that one year, $7M quasi-offer. 

Macc and Bowles "caving" says alot about how they really felt about an almost-free-of-charge Geno Smith.

2 hours ago, slats said:

So that ESPN list is some sort of official ranking of QBs, which should then be used to determine how much they get paid? I did not know that. 

Listen, it's water under the bridge, and Fitz is here now, but your list of QBs doesn't change the fact that Fitzpatrick didn't have any other offers close to the 3/$24M that had been on the table for months. If Mac hadn't caved -which he did- Fitz would've been going back to Elway to ask if he was serious with that one year, $7M quasi-offer. 

You, along with many other Fitz haters, have deluded yourselves into thinking that Fitz held Mac at gunpoint and asked for a ransom of $12m for one year. The fact is, he's being paid commensurate to his performance last year relative to everyone else. It's not like he's being paid as the 15th best QB on a multi-year deal. 

It's clear you want someone to blame for Fitz coming back. Since you can't blame Fitz for trying to get as much as he can, you've decided to go with "Mac 'caved'". Fine, lets say he did cave. Pretty telling considering that Mac already had a QB who is set to make only $3m this year signed and on the team. Maybe the reason Mac had to 'cave' to Ftiz's demands, was because Mac probably felt that he had literally nothing else to hang his 2016 season on to.

1 minute ago, greenwichjetfan said:

You, along with many other Fitz haters, have deluded yourselves into thinking that Fitz held Mac at gunpoint and asked for a ransom of $12m for one year. The fact is, he's being paid commensurate to his performance last year relative to everyone else. It's not like he's being paid as the 15th best QB. 

It's clear you want someone to blame for Fitz coming back. Since you can't blame Fitz for trying to get as much as he can, you've decided to claim that Mac 'caved'. Fine, lets say he did cave. Which is telling considering he had a QB who is set to make only $3m this year already signed and on the team. Maybe the reason Mac had to 'cave' to Ftiz's demands, was because Mac probably felt that he had literally nothing else to hang his 2016 season on to.

I don't hate Fitz at all. He a likable guy. Hard worker. Gives it all on the field, and sometimes too much. My feeling is that Fitz is here to mentor the kids more than for what he actually brings on the field. I don't think that's worth $12M for one year, and I do think that if the Jets stuck to their guns they could've gotten him for much closer to the 3/$24M they had on the table. Or for exactly that much. I'd much rather have Fitz on the books next year for $6M as a backup, than for the $5M he currently will count as a former member of the team. I'm concerned that the only QB the Jets might have under contract after the season will be Hackenberg. It's only a good deal for the team if Fitzpatrick leads the team to the playoffs this year. That's the only explanation for a one year deal. Given his very real physical limitations, I dont think I'm on the deluded side of this discussion. 

But like I said, he's here now, and I hope he performs well. There's not much else I can do.  

2 hours ago, slats said:

Okay. 

1 hour ago, jfmckenna said:

Yep, okay.

Geno sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slats has no other arguments to make.  Silence is all he has left.

He's not dumb, quite the contrary actually, so he sees as well as anyone else what the Organizations moves and decisions mean about how the feel about Geno.

Just a shame he can't bring himself to admit that his opinion is not the New York Jets managements or coaches opinion.  So an "okay" is the only answer he has left.

Till Fitz blows something, then we'll assuredly get the usual told-you-so's and hypothetical "if Geno had played" foolishness.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Slats has no other arguments to make.  Silence is all he has left.

He's not dumb, quite the contrary actually, so he sees as well as anyone else what the Organizations moves and decisions mean about how the feel about Geno.

Just a shame he can't bring himself to admit that his opinion is not the New York Jets managements or coaches opinion.  So an "okay" is the only answer he has left.

Till Fitz blows something, then we'll assuredly get the usual told-you-so's and hypothetical "if Geno had played" foolishness.

The okay is representative of that not mattering to me. I don't like Geno, either. I expect him gone next year, unless Petty blows up this preseason and they're content to cut him this year. And I won't miss him when he's gone. 

Fitz' value, and he's showing it, is in mentoring the two young puppy dogs following him around camp while Geno broods in a corner. I get that, and I always have.  

I'm also, however, under no false delusions about Fitzpatrick's (single Jets) record breaking season last year. In this offense, with these receivers, against that schedule, I suspect Geno would've had very similar results. That's all. No love for Geno, just that Fitz isn't worth $12M more that he is on the field. He should feel free to prove me wrong. I'd actually like that. At a bare minimum, I hope he helps get one of the young pups ready to start next year. 

3 minutes ago, slats said:

The okay is representative of that not mattering to me. I don't like Geno, either.

So no Fitz, no Geno.  Remind me who you wanted to start this year?  Petty?  Lol.  Lets be real.

Fitz' value, and he's showing it, is in mentoring the two young puppy dogs following him around camp while Geno broods in a corner. I get that, and I always have.  

A point we agree on.  He also provides out best chance to win, for a team built to win now.  

I'm also, however, under no false delusions about Fitzpatrick's (single Jets) record breaking season last year. In this offense, with these receivers, against that schedule, I suspect Geno would've had very similar results.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda.  We'll never find out if this unproveable theory was right or wrong.  

That's all. No love for Geno, just that Fitz isn't worth $12M more that he is on the field.

And as I've said all along, Bowles and Fitz and Chan and Decker and Marshall all disagree with you.

You don't care, and thats fine, but it diminishes the value of your opinion when every person in the know disagrees.

He should feel free to prove me wrong. I'd actually like that. At a bare minimum, I hope he helps get one of the young pups ready to start next year. 

That will depend on our pups.  Thus far, I wouldn't hold my breath.  

But we'll have a much better idea after a few preseason games.

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Paying $12mil for one season, versus $18mil over multiple seasons isn't "caving".

Have any of you ever negotiated for anything, ever?

Fitzpatrick didn't have any better offers than an alleged one year, $7M offer from the Broncos. Giving him $12M for one year was caving, regardless if he was asking for the moon or not to begin with. 

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

So no Fitz, no Geno.  Remind me who you wanted to start this year?  Petty?  Lol.  Lets be real.

A point we agree on.  He also provides out best chance to win, for a team built to win now.  

Woulda, coulda, shoulda.  We'll never find out if this unproveable theory was right or wrong.  

And as I've said all along, Bowles and Fitz and Chan and Decker and Marshall all disagree with you.

You don't care, and thats fine, but it diminishes the value of your opinion when every person in the know disagrees.

That will depend on our pups.  Thus far, I wouldn't hold my breath.  

But we'll have a much better idea after a few preseason games.

Oh noes, my opinion can never be proven? Whatever shall I do? 

I don't believe that Fitz is demonstratively better on the field than Geno, I just don't. I would've started Geno, then let him go in free agency - unless he was amazing, which I wouldn't've banked on. At all. But I don't expect Fitz to be amazing, either. 

Fitzpatrick is more popular than Geno? Thanks for the revelation. 

I don't care because it's done. I want to see the team be successful, and that -right now- depends on Fitz being successful. He's not getting benched. Bowles doesn't operate that way. The team needs him to perform. I hope he does. 

Fitz' contract automatically voids five days into the offseason. I hope they have some faith in the pup(s) at that time. It's all the hope the team has. 

22 minutes ago, slats said:

Fitzpatrick didn't have any better offers than an alleged one year, $7M offer from the Broncos. Giving him $12M for one year was caving, regardless if he was asking for the moon or not to begin with. 

That's nice, it's still not caving. 

His demands were for Osweiler $$$, and he didn't get it. Caving literally means to give in to his demands.

Whatever other offers were is irrelevant. I'm only talking about whether we caved to his demands. We didn't.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

That's nice, it's still not caving. 

His demands were for Osweiler $$$, and he didn't get it. Caving literally means to give in to his demands.

Whatever other offers were is irrelevant. I'm only talking about whether we caved to his demands. We didn't.

Whatever, man. He was a free agent on the eve of free agency with one unconfirmed offer that was $5M less on one year than the Jets eventually gave him. The market league wide maybe topped at $7M for one year. It certainly wasn't any more than that, because if it was his agent would've made that public. God knows they tried very hard to create a market for him. In retrospect Fitzpatrick's demands were obviously ridiculous. Compromising with those ridiculous demands was caving, plain and simple. And I like Maccagnan a lot. But on this one, he blinked. 

He's here, whatever, blah blah blah, but Mac caved. 

Whatever, man. He was a free agent on the eve of free agency with one unconfirmed offer that was $5M less on one year than the Jets eventually gave him. The market league wide maybe topped at $7M for one year. It certainly wasn't any more than that, because if it was his agent would've made that public. God knows they tried very hard to create a market for him. In retrospect Fitzpatrick's demands were obviously ridiculous. Compromising with those ridiculous demands was caving, plain and simple. And I like Maccagnan a lot. But on this one, he blinked. 

He's here, whatever, blah blah blah, but Mac caved. 

Agree to disagree... And you lose points for the blah's ;)

3 hours ago, slats said:

Oh noes, my opinion can never be proven? Whatever shall I do? 

Continue to be wrong, looks like.  

3 hours ago, slats said:

I don't believe that Fitz is demonstratively better on the field than Geno, I just don't.

Bowles and Macc and Chan think you're wrong.  I trust them over you, as should every Jets fan.

3 hours ago, slats said:

I would've started Geno, then let him go in free agency - unless he was amazing, which I wouldn't've banked on. At all. But I don't expect Fitz to be amazing, either. 

Just a regular Debbie Downer, eh.  

3 hours ago, slats said:

Fitzpatrick is more popular than Geno? Thanks for the revelation.

Because it's about popularity, not the WHY behind his popularity.

3 hours ago, slats said:

I don't care because it's done.

Excellent, no more need to waste time on this tired old viewpoint of yours then, excellent.

Archived