Ryan Fitzpatrick: Jets are better than last year, and so am I

ARodJetsFan

4 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Not to nit pick, there is a 5 million dead money cap hit next year; it isn't cap killing, except we may have another tight year. I agree he is getting paid at about value. We have the flexibility to move on next year; hopefully we will be in a position to do so; I have nothing against Fitz, but he is what he is a smart QB with a slightly below-average arm that finds a way to win games. Would love him to stay as a backup (don't think that will happen unless he tanks this year), but more importantly, I would love for Petty (or Hack - not likely) to surpass him.

We can walk away next year, and I believe with that whole 2nd year option/poison pill, we still CAN get a compensatory pick if he signs elsewhere.

My bad you're right those pesky voidable years. Thanks for the correction.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, j4jets said:

And?

And?

And?

And?

And?

And?

Irrelevant. Fitz hasn't looked better than last year and thats all I said. 

It's the preseason. It means nothing. There's barely any gameplanning. It's meant to evaluate the younger players, not the seasoned vets. Evaluating Fitz starts on Sunday. 

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

It's the preseason. It means nothing. There's barely any gameplanning. It's meant to evaluate the younger players, not the seasoned vets. Evaluating Fitz starts on Sunday. 

He played like sh*t. Not judging how many points he scored (which wasnt many btw), which entails gameplanning. 

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

make no mistake..   im 100 percent aligned with MAC here. Fitz at 12M is a fair move (slightly more than I wanted to pay)   but when he opens his mouth like he is a winner... then I made my comment. He gives us the best chance to win but is a below average journeyman. 

Prefer confident to not confident. Let's also not forget part of his job is to motivate his teammates. If he's sad sacking around, I don't see Decker, Marshall, Mangold publicly rallying for him to come back. Not everyone puts stock in intangibles but I do. I've worked for geniuses, average joes, and everything in between. Trait I value most in a leader is confidence and a "we got this" attitude. But it's just me.

19 minutes ago, jgb said:

Prefer confident to not confident. Let's also not forget part of his job is to motivate his teammates. If he's sad sacking around, I don't see Decker, Marshall, Mangold publicly rallying for him to come back. Not everyone puts stock in intangibles but I do. I've worked for geniuses, average joes, and everything in between. Trait I value most in a leader is confidence and a "we got this" attitude. But it's just me.

I think thats right.   Good Post.   I am an average guy, making a well above average income. I grew up poor but I work very hard and have studied those who I want to emulate. 

The world is run by average people going a step beyond.  

4 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I think thats right.   Good Post.   I am an average guy, making a well above average income. I grew up poor but I work very hard and have studied those who I want to emulate. 

The world is run by average people going a step beyond.  

Don't spill those beans...
469751815_ce9f8dab59_b.jpg

Archived