Billboard suggestions to get Woodys attention?

Matt39

18 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Well my comment about 'better fan base' was directed to those thinking about it; so when you lashed out...

Most analysts agreed that Fitz to the Jets was the best fit for both Fitz and the Jets; just because it is the best fit, it doesn't mean that Fitz shouldn't get market rate. Maybe he would have taken 7 million; maybe he would have taken his chance on QBs going down (which they did). Market rate for a 1 year deal for a 'starting' QB (even 20-25) is about 12 million. Would everyone be happier if he sat all through TC and signed for 10 million before the start of the season. Then when Fitz sucked it was because Mac failed and signed him too late. Or Geno starts and sucks wind, and we sign Fitz to 10 million after game 2 and we still loose?

I would prefer that they had a bona-fide QB competition in camp with Petty and Geno.  Fitz is not a starting QB on this league and this was well established before 9 picks in two games.

Fitz is one of the least accurate passers in this league, and the offense is designed to stretch the field to open up the middle of the field and running lanes.  That isn't possible when no one fears Fitz throwing the ball anywhere on the field, let alone deep.

As far as, not directed at me, the statement was started with "you".  I guess I miss understood...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, hawk said:

I would prefer that they had a bona-fide QB competition in camp with Petty and Geno.  Fitz is not a starting QB on this league and this was well established before 9 picks in two games.

I would prefer a real competition myself; of course, I wish it was against players that might be the future. I think many will agree that next year with Petty vs. Hack vs (?) we will be happier.

16 hours ago, whodeawhodat said:

The good news is that we have zero chance of beating Pitt which actually gives us a chance of pulling off an unimaginable upset. Not sure if that makes much sense but I am clinging to that glimmer of hope like it was a drop of rain in the Sahara!!!

I like your optimistic out look! My brother is a Steelers fan and Sunday is his birthday. My two mid 20's sons and I are taking him to the game for his birthday. No matter what the games outcome we will have a great weekend. However I wish we would be doing the trash talking on the drive home Monday!

Archived