Which of these realistic but execrable choices do you want at QB in 2017?

T0mShane

Which of these realistic but execrable choices do you want at QB in 2017?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these realistic but execrable choices do you want at QB in 2017?

• Christian Hackenberg
    • Drew Brees
    • Jay Cutler
    • Ryan Fitzpatrick
    • Tony Romo
    • Bryce Petty
    • Geno Smith
    • Sam Bradford
    • Brad Kaaya

I want our most recent draft pick, who has not suffered an injury yet, to suddenly rise up as a superstar. I mean, how is that possibly not the right answer every time?

The problem is that we don't really know what Petty will be like in a regular season game nor do we have any clue about Hackenburg. Obviously we should all be optimistic about both options. As far as the rest of the list:

Drew Brees: doesn't play well in the cold and we can't afford him even if he could

Jay Cutler: Why?

Fitzpatrick: Not with this year's performance unless every other game goes down like how he played in Buffalo. Maybe he is here next year as a backup but there's no way anybody can rationally justify putting him back out there as a starter next year unless we are truly without options. 

Tony Romo: The high injury risk on every play is reason enough for nobody to bring him in, even assuming DAL lets him go (which they won't). Even if he was 100% healthy he's another QB who looks great for a while and then sh*ts the bed for the loss. He's Pennington at his worst or Fitzpatrick on a normal day but has had the luxury of having the entire roster dedicated to his success. And you'd have to pay him a ton more money.

Brice Petty: I'd be happy with him too but if we're throwing out wants I'd rather have the youngest and least injured guy.

Geno Smith: Nope. At a minimum the same logic as Petty applies. Also, Geno Smith sucks. 

Sam Bradford: Come on, the guy is having one good year with a Super Bowl team. If we're bringing him in we might as well see if we can get the rest of the MIN starters too.

Brad Kaaya: The guy who just suffered a shoulder injury?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, JetUp91 said:

I'd like to see the Jets pursue Brees, but if that doesn't happen then you gotta just throw Petty in there. He's had some time to sit back and watch, now it's time to throw the young guy in there and see what happens. Look at the league for the last couple of years. There's been an influx of young QBs playing well for winning teams when it wasn't really expected. Throw Petty in there and see where it goes.

Mac is obsessed with recreating the 2014 Chicago Bears

That said I actually think Cutler would benefit from a change of scenery

On October 8, 2016 at 9:01 AM, T0mShane said:

In my exhaustively researched hypothetical, Watson comes off the board before the Jets pick. 

How can you pick before first?  Oh wait they traded down right? 

On October 9, 2016 at 10:35 AM, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I think you go with a Hack/Petty quarterback competition.  You can't keep drafting these guys just to not ever let them play.  Open competition with a short to medium leash for the winner.  Let's find out what we have in both.  In the worst/best case scenario, they have a top 3 pick if they both flop to grab another guy.

Im gonna go get the papers get the papers. 

Archived