Um, Lorenzo Mauldin Anyone??

TNJet

18 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Skrine is lousy. Pryor is awful and should be stocking shelves.  Harris has been a warrrior but his best days are behind him.

Not much reason to be optimistic about the O-line moving forward.

Hack? I cringed when they called his name. Not going there in this post...

I don't see as much talent as you seem to think there is.

But I do agree that Bowles has been brutal since week 17 last year.

I mean saying a player is 'lousy' or 'awful' does not nec. mean they are not talented. Pryor had a very solid sophomore season last year playing in his natural position. He has not played as well this year, but he's a safety chosen in the first round because of his talent, because he is fast, athletic and hits like a truck. 

Skrine is a speedy CB who's best suited in the slot, where he doesn't have to go up against big WRs (typically) but rather faces smaller, speedy WRs. He can also be utilized as a blitzer from the slot- which the Jets did successfully last year. 

I'm not going to get into discussing Hack either, b/c I really could care less that YOU cringed when he was selected. He's got all the measurables you look for in a QB and he is a smart, hardworking kid. Furthermore, I trust Macc and the Jets brass considerably more than your expert player analysis. I don;t think I am going out on a limb here to say they know a little more about football than you. Or if simply for the fact that they met with him and watched him close up in the lead up to the draft, which you could not possibly have done. Could you? Ok, so I went into it a bit more than I planned to. lol.  

Anyway, the talent is there. The coaching, the motivation and the execution have not been. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Totally agree.    Rotate the defensive players.   Keep them fresh.  Have a 4th quarter pass rush.  Play people in their natural positions

Which I think needs to include moving Skrine into the slot. I know he had an INT vs the Ravens but he also got beat a bunch of times in that game. He is simply better suited in the slot and he can be utilized as a blitzer from the slot as well, the Jets did this very successfully last year. This means Williams needs to play on the outside, which may be risky, but not much more than having Skrine out there. If Williams struggles I would even consider keeping Skrine in the slot and giving Burris a shot on the outside. He' been very solid in the few opportunities given to him. He's a long, lean, fast man-press CB and I think if Bowles wasn't an old school, stubborn coach, Burris would have probably gotten more opportunities at this point, considering how awful our secondary has been. 

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

I mean saying a player is 'lousy' or 'awful' does not nec. mean they are not talented. Pryor had a very solid sophomore season last year playing in his natural position. He has not played as well this year, but he's a safety chosen in the first round because of his talent, because he is fast, athletic and hits like a truck. 

Skrine is a speedy CB who's best suited in the slot, where he doesn't have to go up against big WRs (typically) but rather faces smaller, speedy WRs. He can also be utilized as a blitzer from the slot- which the Jets did successfully last year. 

I'm not going to get into discussing Hack either, b/c I really could care less that YOU cringed when he was selected. He's got all the measurables you look for in a QB and he is a smart, hardworking kid. Furthermore, I trust Macc and the Jets brass considerably more than your expert player analysis. I don;t think I am going out on a limb here to say they know a little more about football than you. Or if simply for the fact that they met with him and watched him close up in the lead up to the draft, which you could not possibly have done. Could you? Ok, so I went into it a bit more than I planned to. lol.  

Anyway, the talent is there. The coaching, the motivation and the execution have not been. 

You should trust me more.  I have a better track record of scouting than the Jets in recent years.  

And I am sick of hearing Pryor was good last year.  He wasn't.   Anyone that thinks he played well in 2015 is a sheep fooled by the occasional tackle behind the LOS.  I watch for myself and form my own opinions. He sucked last year too.  Bad angles, missed tackles, and blown coverages.  My opinion of him is being proven correct every time he steps on the field.  Even when a sheep gets its wool pulled over its eyes because they see a tackle every so often.

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

Which I think needs to include moving Skrine into the slot. I know he had an INT vs the Ravens but he also got beat a bunch of times in that game. He is simply better suited in the slot and he can be utilized as a blitzer from the slot as well, the Jets did this very successfully last year. This means Williams needs to play on the outside, which may be risky, but not much more than having Skrine out there. If Williams struggles I would even consider keeping Skrine in the slot and giving Burris a shot on the outside. He' been very solid in the few opportunities given to him. He's a long, lean, fast man-press CB and I think if Bowles wasn't an old school, stubborn coach, Burris would have probably gotten more opportunities at this point, considering how awful our secondary has been. 

Skrine was signed to be a nickle/slot corner.   He is getting abused on the outside, #1 in penalties over the last 2 years.  Some people are better suited for a given role. 

I hate BB, but he always puts his players in the best position to succeed.  What does this guy do well?  Good, let's have him do that.  You don't put an in the box safety as a deep cover man, you don't make a slot corner work the outside,  you don't make a 300 pound 3-4 DE play freaking middle linebacker. 

Archived