Fins bills and pats all win

kevinc855

22 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Not sure how many times I have commented on one of your posts to merit the 'once again', but okay....

My points are:

1. I wouldn't be worried about Cleveland getting the jump on us as they are likely to screw up their rebuild

2. If they started before us, the likely hood is that they would be 'faster' then us - and that isn't sad as we haven't sucked as long...

3. This isn't baseball; this team (and many others) have proven that sucking for a few years rarely translates to building a consistent winner; and when it does, the FO that caused the consistent looser is NEVER responsible for the rebuild. Thus, no FO is going to try and suck.

Yes, Cleveland has a bunch of draft picks. They have had two crappy seasons back-to-back. I would not want to be a Cleveland fan. They have sucked for the last decade, they have been worse over the last 2 years. There is NO indication that they will build a great team. Indy sucked for Luck and still haven't made it to the big show. Look back over the past 5 to 10 years and you will see that the odds are that a crappy team will still be a crappy team even after getting the top few picks year after year.

Not sure how many fans would be happy with us building a young team designed to loose for 2 years in the hops of hitting lightning in the bottle. Many say that now, but wait until they have another crappy season (or two); they will be lobbying for Trump to buy the team or swearing off the Jets for life (every year :-) ).

You're right.  You haven't commented before.  I am frustrated with people responding to my "partial" follow ups that don't tell the whole story.  Sorry.

You have some reasonable thoughts on the matter.  I am not saying Cleveland won't Eff this up.  They are a poorly run franchise.  But I believe in what they are TRYING to do and think the Jets should follow suit.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

what rex is doing w/ that depleted roster is incredible.  w/ half the talent we have they are twice as good as we are.

would you rather be 5-5/6-4 and be in the playoff race or 3-7 w/ our season over by Halloween?

We have very little talent. Rex has one thing we don't have. A QB. Things are easier with a QB. And he still isn't going to get that team to the post season. They may or may not win 9 games. Same thing Doug Marrone did before Rex even got there 2 years ago. You're already building inan excuse for Rex when he comes up short. "The roster is depleted"

Everyone has injuries. We've played most of this year without our starting center, Eric Decker, and we have watched once really good players like David Harris and Darrelle Revis regress big time. And Wilkerson looks like he's playing hurt, and taking a season off after getting paid. The Jets aren't very talented at all.

8 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

You're right.  You haven't commented before.  I am frustrated with people responding to my "partial" follow ups that don't tell the whole story.  Sorry.

You have some reasonable thoughts on the matter.  I am not saying Cleveland won't Eff this up.  They are a poorly run franchise.  But I believe in what they are TRYING to do and think the Jets should follow suit.

No worries. In this day in age, it seems that when someone disagrees it is done in a air of personal attack - so I understand and appreciate the frustration. In fact, I once created a post to state that in my mind I don't think sucking for a year or two is the way to go. Thanks to a poorly worded Title - that I couldn't seem to change - people were jumping all over me based on the title and never read my post. So, I get it.

And while I don't agree with the idea of building a team to loose, as I don't think it is effective, I understand the perspective of those that do. Regardless to the approach for improving this team, the one thing most Jets fans can agree on is that this team has had a terrible year. Many people, such as myself, thought that we had little chance for a playoff run this year, but I never thought this team would be THIS BAD. I am now questioning the effectiveness of the slow but competative build and the FO that is doing it. Fortunately, as fans we can have the knee-jerk reaction and can get all worked up. Hopefully the FO and ownership have a plan and it works.

At some point we will get a chance to see Petty play a few games. I am hopeful that he will show some improvement and give us hope for next year. Because if he sucks and we have to go through the off-season wondering if Hack can save us, it is going to be a long, cold, winter. As there appear to be no 'sure thing' QBs in the draft, it is way too soon to be giving up on another year.

20 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

We have very little talent. Rex has one thing we don't have. A QB. Things are easier with a QB. And he still isn't going to get that team to the post season. They may or may not win 9 games. Same thing Doug Marrone did before Rex even got there 2 years ago. You're already building inan excuse for Rex when he comes up short. "The roster is depleted"

Everyone has injuries. We've played most of this year without our starting center, Eric Decker, and we have watched once really good players like David Harris and Darrelle Revis regress big time. And Wilkerson looks like he's playing hurt, and taking a season off after getting paid. The Jets aren't very talented at all.

he's got a mediocre QB w/ very little healthy talent around him.

12 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Browns just fooked up by not picking Wentz, and trading out. It's all about the QB. Both the Jets and Browns are in similar postions. We don't have a QB so we suck.

Browns get their QB of choice this offseason, get to surround him with better talent. Worked out very well for them

Archived