Mangold can't stay

Jetster

41 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

It was a bad move.  Abraham was maybe the best edge rusher this organization has ever seen and we have never even come close to replacing 

Mangold was good but can easily be replaced and will be this offseason

Mangold is a borderline hall of famer. John Abraham was not as good at DE as Mangold was at center. Your revisionist history isn't going to fly here. It was the right move because Abraham didn't really want to be a Jet anymore. He wouldn't have brought the Jets a title either. I was big Abe fan but the move was good at the time and still holds up. 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Mangold is a borderline hall of famer. John Abraham was not as good at DE as Mangold was at center. Your revisionist history isn't going to fly here. It was the right move because Abraham didn't really want to be a Jet anymore. He wouldn't have brought the Jets a title either. I was big Abe fan but the move was good at the time and still holds up. 

We could have used Abe to get some pressure on Payton & Big Ben in 2009 & 2010! May just have changed the outcome... you never know?

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Abe was a 5 time Pro bowler a 2 time All Pro 133.5 sacks..Mangold has 7 Pro bowls and also a 2 time Pro Bowler .. I agree getting Mangold with the pick we got for Abe made the loss a lot easier to take..;)

36 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Doubtful he would have even played. And who knows how good that offensive line would have been without Mangold?

We could have just kept Jonathon Goodwin! Pro Bowl (2009!) Jets would have been better off with the pass rusher they haven't had since they traded ABE during 2009 & 2010 playoffs & Goodwin at center! 2010- Abraham was a 1st team all pro with 13 sacks, 1 interception, 1 forced fumble,lol.

Your name says it all CrazyCarl

25 minutes ago, Jetster said:

We could have just kept Jonathon Goodwin! Pro Bowl (2009!) Jets would have been better off with the pass rusher they haven't had since they traded ABE during 2009 & 2010 playoffs & Goodwin at center! 2010- Abraham was a 1st team all pro with 13 sacks, 1 interception, 1 forced fumble,lol.

Mangold was a pro bowl player in 2010. The trade was a good one. Abe wouldn't have done as well in a 3-4 and he had questionable work ethic and had off field issues. Plus he wanted big money. Mangold has been a leader and a stalwart. No one in their right mind would undo that trade. 

4 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Pass rushing OLB/DEis the second most important asset in the NFL now after qb

Nothing revisionist about that

37 minutes ago, Jetster said:

It's amazing how Mangini is called this amazing evaluator of talent yet the guy screwed us in 2006

Not only did we have Goodwin we also had Mawae under contract who went on to play very well in Tennesee for a couple more seasons

Mangold was a warrior fan favorite for years could have been a great former player whenever he decided to retire instead he hitched his wagon to a not so good player and supported everything related in the end smoke clears Mangold is a has been the player he supported on the bench the team in the dumps is he physically injured or is his ego injured. 

i wish Nick well and hope he gets his priorities in order and puts the team first in any future decisions he decides to make. Would like for him to retire a Jet. 

If there is one area where the jets don't have major issues, it's at wide receiver.  People have a short memory with Decker, clubhouse lawyer or not.  Marshall, I'm not sure about, but would probably keep for one more year, despite the maddening  number of drops.  Enunwa and the young receivers have done a pretty good job,  badly need a kick/punt returner, what else is new? Marshall has been just o.k. although the effort is good

59 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

If there is one area where the jets don't have major issues, it's at wide receiver.  People have a short memory with Decker, clubhouse lawyer or not.  Marshall, I'm not sure about, but would probably keep for one more year, despite the maddening  number of drops.  Enunwa and the young receivers have done a pretty good job,  badly need a kick/punt returner, what else is new? Marshall has been just o.k. although the effort is good

QB play has been bad cant expect Marshall or any of the WR's to excel. 

A decent QB changes everything. 

Archived