Thank god the draft isn't in NYC anymore

JOJOTOWNSELL

I've always said that Jets fans behavior at the draft affected out national reputation in a negative way.  You could feel the mood of the room change when the jets were on the clock.  Whoever was announcing for ESPN or NFL network would reference the "raucous ny jets fans in attendance" and we would get close ups of whatever drunken fool whoopin it up.  That became what the rest of the nfls fans knew us for....idiot New Yorkers  booing every pick whether right or wrong.

We always get lumped in with the Browns as the drek of the NFL....why?  We have been to 3 afc championship games in the last 20 years....we have made the playoffs a lot? Perception is reality, jets fans annual display on their home turf during the draft made us low hanging fruit for the media....and it isn't just the NFL, we booed Kristaps unmercifully when the Knicks drafted him....it's a bad look and it didn't help our goodwill around the league that a generation of NFL fans were subjected to it.....that's why are viewed as a joke organization 

the fact that the NFL is moving the draft every year means no one will be subjected to a single teams fans dominating coverage of the draft like Jets fans did for so long.....and that is probably a great thing for how the Jets and their fans are perceived around the league

I like seeing different cities host the draft.  Good for fans around the country, but it also makes you appreciate NYC even more when ya see the other places not quite getting the job done.

Couldn't care less about opinions of others though.

Well as one of those fans for many years I disagree. The Jets were horrible for years when the draft was in NY. The coaches and front office were deserving for the booing for the guys they passed up in those drafts. Do I have to go over the multiple mistakes made by the teams so-called brain trust in those lean years? Don't blame the long suffering Jet Fans for being critical of the moronic picks made by inept management.

Archived