Preference for OC

NYJ EcKo151

With the whole Hiemerdinger fiasco coming to close to an end with a possible settlement forth coming...Now the two top names Mangini was supposed to be exploring as a possible OC after his hire was Jeff Davidson(Browns OLine coach) and Mike Sheppard(Former Saints OC)...

Now that Sheppard is available since Sean Payton isn't going to retain him, would he be your top choice as the Jets OC? He's 51, and Mangini would pickup a solid OC who made Aaron Brooks look decent, and the Saints offense was consistely good. Downfall is that it'd be Pennington and the Jets 3rd offensive system in 3 years...

Any other names or suggestions?

Davidson got a promotion in CLE. I don't know much about sheppard but 1 name that jets fans keep bringing up is Mike Martz.

I have no clue. I wanted to keep Dinger.

Yeah Davidson is off and is pretty good...Belichick wouldn't give him OC duties when Weis left so he went to team up with Crennel and didn't even get the OC, just a measly OLine coach...

Martz said the worst coaching job is the Jets, so I doubt he'd even be considered.

Dinger would of been fine, but the zone-blocking just did not fit the Jets IMO, I liked how he used receivers alot more, even though he never really had a QB...But I think an OC who is down for the man on man blocking is what the Jets need.

Is Chris Palmer out of the picture already?

The Cowboys will interview Chris Palmer for their offensive coordinator.

Palmer has struggled in recent spots as Cleveland's coach and Houston's offensive coordinator. "Bill really trusts him," one Cowboys source said. Palmer worked under Bill Parcells for four seasons in New England

http://fantasyfootball.rotoworld.com/content/home_nfl.asp?sport=NFL

I wouldn't want to touch Palmer with a 10 foot pole

i wanted dinger...he was a close 2nd as my preference for headcoach...but i dunno if he's worth it now with all this mess thats come up.

Martz would have something to prove coming in here, but i doubt we have the personel he'd like to use...pennington/bollinger arent warner in his prime/bulger....and coles/j-mac are definately not holt/bruce. I dunno...a happy dinger is the perfect fit...but i dont think thats a possibility anymore.

If Martz would take the demotion I'd be happy to have him, but I think the odds are low of it happening.

One of his pregame rituals is to walk several laps around the field. That's probably more fun in a dome. He's also like Dungy in the "faith" department...and I've got a feeling a New Jersey football club bears no resemblance to the 700 club.

Archived