NFL prospect deletes MAGA tweets: ‘I may end up in San Francisco’

JetsMetsDevilsPA

NFL Draft prospect Nick Bosa cleanses Twitter account of political messages over chances he'd end up with 49ers

FILE - IN this Sept. 8, 2018, file photo, Ohio State defensive lineman Nick Bosa plays against Rutgers during an NCAA college football game in Columbus, Ohio. (AP Photo/Jay LaPrete, File)

FILE - IN this Sept. 8, 2018, file photo, Ohio State defensive lineman Nick Bosa plays against Rutgers during an NCAA college football game in Columbus, Ohio. (AP Photo/Jay LaPrete, File)

Ohio State defensive end Nick Bosa is expected to be one of the top picks in the upcoming NFL Draft and opened up about his politics in an in-depth interview published Wednesday.

Bosa, who regularly tweeted about his support for President Trump and his disdain for jobless activist quarterback Colin Kaepernick, revealed to ESPN he deleted those tweets over fears he may not be fully embraced by the city of San Francisco should he get drafted to the 49ers at the end of the month.

JOHNNY MANZIEL APPEARS TO BE TURNING OVER NEW LEAF AS HE REVEALS NAME CHANGE

“I had to,” Bosa told ESPN. “There is a chance I might end up in San Francisco.”

Screenshoted tweets showed Bosa calling Kaepernick, the former 49ers quarterback who claimed NFL owners were colluding to keep him out of the league because of his decision to kneel during the national anthem, a "clown." He also created a stir over his opinions on Beyonce’s music.

The 49ers have the No. 2 pick in the draft and it’s unclear what the team will do with it. According to NBC Bay Area, draft experts believe Bosa could land with the Niners.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Bosa played three seasons with Ohio State and collected 29 sacks in that time. He cut his season short last year after suffering an injury and deciding to focus on the draft.

I now want this guy more than ever. 

Just because he’s politically aware.

He’s the same player as his dopey brother just with more football IQ and more common sense. Not his political bent but that he realizes his political bent may be an issue. 

And **** that sh*thole of a sh*thole that is Frisco. That city should be euthanized it is such a stain on our country. And one of my best friends and college roommates lives there. 

**** SF.

Good Chipono though.

54 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I now want this guy more than ever. 

Just because he’s politically aware.

He’s the same player as his dopey brother just with more football IQ and more common sense. Not his political bent but that he realizes his political bent may be an issue. 

And **** that sh*thole of a sh*thole that is Frisco. That city should be euthanized it is such a stain on our country. And one of my best friends and college roommates lives there. 

**** SF.

Good Chipono though.

Don't say Frisco. Only losers say Frisco.

5 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Don't say Frisco. Only losers say Frisco.

Maybe you didn’t get the nuance.

My best friend and college roommate lives in Frisco. I have other friends that live in Frisco  

They hate that I use the term Frisco. 

I do it on purpose. 

I obviously know that “Frisco” is a pejorative phrase for San Fransisco just like I know  “Jersey” is a perforative phrase for folks from New Jersey.

Please don’t assume I’m a loser for using the phrase “Frisco” out of ignorance or naïveté. Or being a loser. 

It was intentional.  

I know exactly why I used it. It’s a dig.

Thank you for understanding. 

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

Maybe you didn’t get the nuance.

My best friend and college roommate lives in Frisco. I have other friends that live in Frisco  

They hate that I use the term Frisco. 

I do it on purpose. 

I obviously know that “Frisco” is a pejorative phrase for San Fransisco just like I know  “Jersey” is a perforative phrase for folks from New Jersey.

Please don’t assume I’m a loser for using the phrase “Frisco” out of ignorance or naïveté. Or being a loser. 

It was intentional.  

I know exactly why I used it. It’s a dig.

Thank you for understanding. 

Maybe you didn’t get the House of Lies reference. Sometimes I make little jokes to amuse myself instead of, say, pointing out that dog whistle schtick is both obnoxious and pussy-ass but we can totally go that direction instead if you like. Thank you for not understanding.

8 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Maybe you didn’t get the House of Lies reference. Sometimes I make little jokes to amuse myself instead of, say, pointing out that dog whistle schtick is both obnoxious and pussy-ass but we can totally go that direction instead if you like. Thank you for not understanding.

I’ve never seen House of Lies so to honest I don’t understand your reference. 

Archived