Baby Steps

5 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I'm no boomer...but I'm also not one of those whacky millennials using social networking to tell everyone their business each day - i.e. what I had for breakfast, lunch, dinner, what movie I went to...or if I went to the gym and had a great work out! 

Why are you mad at millennials for using new technology and platforms never before seen to mankind in order to share moments rarely seen otherwise had we not become so advanced as a whole?

I rarely get on Snapchat but it sounds awfully boomer of you to hate on that specific thing.?

4 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

You're way off. My parents are boomers. You on the other hand are obviously someone with too much time on their hands....See your post total. 

Irony so lost on Boomers. Using a messageboard to make fun of others for posting on the same messageboard.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Jets will beat the Raiders in a hard fought football game. Jets 24 Raiders 20, and the Jets cover the spread for the 3rd week in a row. Also improve to 4-0 when scoring 24 or more points in a game.

This game is one that I would stay away from making any predictions.

I WILL add some thoughts...   our LT vs Mad Maxx?? could be very very bad. Or?? Is there a way Gase can use this guys upfield rush against them/him?

I watched the Cinci/Oak game yesterday. Cinci was able to get some big runs on the outside. Does gase continue to experiment with rotating LevBell OUT of a significant %-age of snaps? Personally I think it helped the team out quite a bit and would support doing it again. (Powell/Adams yes, Ty montgomery, no.) Also, using Weso as a blocker. Almost all his blocking assignments were decently good, he did get trucked once, absolute ass over teakettle- OUCH.

Oak turned it over in the RZ..JJacobs fumble..  wouldnt count on that. Carr threw one INT...  maybe maybe not...

we dont really do INTs much.

That said, Cinci had the ball at the OAK 27 3rd and 4 and Giovanni dropped what woulda been an easy FD ...a real egregious OMFG drop.  So Cinci was on the doorstep to tie the game with 5 minutes left AT OAK.

Their running vs our run D will be interesting.

Their passing vs our secondary will be something that I am feeling quite sketchy.

It WAS GARBAGE TIME but Cinci coulda had another 100 yds passing late w/ all the drops. 

Oak wont do us that favor....      their TE Waller will likely have a couple/few CHUNKs

Can Jacobs and their 2nd TE moraue handle Adams? I have seen Adams handled many times on blitzes.

Just reviewed week 1 ..  at least 2.... 20+ yd plays where Admas blitzes doesnt even get a whiff and the D gets scorched...   I feel quite certain there are 2 or 3 in each game....

So?? Who knows. Not me. Like I said. Intriguing. But I can't say I feel good about this.

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

This game is one that I would stay away from making any predictions.

I WILL add some thoughts...   our LT vs Mad Maxx?? could be very very bad. Or?? Is there a way Gase can use this guys upfield rush against them/him?

I watched the Cinci/Oak game yesterday. Cinci was able to get some big runs on the outside. Does gase continue to experiment with rotating LevBell OUT of a significant %-age of snaps? Personally I think it helped the team out quite a bit and would support doing it again. (Powell/Adams yes, Ty montgomery, no.) Also, using Weso as a blocker. Almost all his blocking assignments were decently good, he did get trucked once, absolute ass over teakettle- OUCH.

Oak turned it over in the RZ..JJacobs fumble..  wouldnt count on that. Carr threw one INT...  maybe maybe not...

we dont really do INTs much.

That said, Cinci had the ball at the OAK 27 3rd and 4 and Giovanni dropped what woulda been an easy FD ...a real egregious OMFG drop.  So Cinci was on the doorstep to tie the game with 5 minutes left AT OAK.

Their running vs our run D will be interesting.

Their passing vs our secondary will be something that I am feeling quite sketchy.

It WAS GARBAGE TIME but Cinci coulda had another 100 yds passing late w/ all the drops. 

Oak wont do us that favor....      their TE Waller will likely have a couple/few CHUNKs

Can Jacobs and their 2nd TE moraue handle Adams? I have seen Adams handled many times on blitzes.

Just reviewed week 1 ..  at least 2.... 20+ yd plays where Admas blitzes doesnt even get a whiff and the D gets scorched...   I feel quite certain there are 2 or 3 in each game....

So?? Who knows. Not me. Like I said. Intriguing. But I can't say I feel good about this.

I never really feel too good about the Jets, but this week I like our chances winning at home vs the Raiders who are a 1-3 on the road....who will hopefully be looking past the Jets to next weeks divisional game at the Chiefs. 

NFL’s toughest front?

Don’t let the Jets record fool you, these guys are no pushover, particularly New York’s defensive front seven, led by emerging star run stuffer Folorunso Fatukasi. Since Week 6, the former sixth-round pick from Connecticut has graded out better than every NFL lineman except two — the Rams’ Aaron Donald and the Jaguars’ Calais Campbell. After holding Washington to just 54 yards on 20 carries (2.7 yards per carry), the Jets are officially the most difficult team in the NFL to run the ball against. The Jets have only permitted an average of 81.9 yards on the ground through 10 games, which doesn’t seem to bode well for the run-first Raiders. Much of the credit for the Jets’ defense goes to the embattled Gregg Williams, its coordinator.

• Upvote 2

On 11/20/2019 at 8:59 AM, playtowinthegame said:

I never really feel too good about the Jets, but this week I like our chances winning at home vs the Raiders who are a 1-3 on the road....who will hopefully be looking past the Jets to next weeks divisional game at the Chiefs. 

Know what you mean....  the early start after travelling East...   classic trap game situ for Raiders...

So ...  that makes this vid, what? Good news? The Kiss of Death?

Betting wise I'd never go anywhere near this game...