Baby Steps

39 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

This is the movie for the 2019 Jets.

I'll be peace, you be quiet. Lol

well they both end with someone catatonic and mumbling in an insane asylum 

movies used to have darker endings

remember Trading Places? it ends with gorilla vs man (in a gorilla suit) being raped in a cage 

and we all laughed 

I guess my point is cocaine is pretty awesome, huh (adam gase reference) 

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Jets ate 2-7 after are a feel good win vs the little Giants.

Next up:

@ Washington Redskins 1-8

Oakland Raiders 5-4

@ Cincinnati Bengals 0-8

Miami Dolphins 2-7

@ Baltimore Ravens 6--2

Pittsburgh Steelers 4-4

@ Buffalo Bill's 6-2

Is the Jets riding a 5 game win streak sitting at 6-7 heading to Baltimore possible? 

9 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Next up:

Oakland Raiders 5-4

@ Cincinnati Bengals 0-8

Miami Dolphins 2-7

@ Baltimore Ravens 6--2

Pittsburgh Steelers 4-4

@ Buffalo Bill's 6-2

Is the Jets riding a 5 game win streak sitting at 6-7 heading to Baltimore possible? 

Possible, yes. Likely, meh. It's hard to expect our cbs and olbs playing at ilb to hold up... 

I will say this. If Gase wants to protect his job, he recognizes that's it's getting colder, he just got back his starting TE (who can block), via addition by subtraction his OL is improved by having Harrison, Compton in, and he has Leveon and Powell (the latter with completely fresh legs). Play multiple te sets and run the ball, a lot. 

If Bell starts racking up 100 yd games, life gets so much easier for Sam and we could win some games. 

6 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

Possible, yes. Likely, meh. It's hard to expect our cbs and olbs playing at ilb to hold up... 

I will say this. If Gase wants to protect his job, he recognizes that's it's getting colder, he just got back his starting TE (who can block), via addition by subtraction his OL is improved by having Harrison, Compton in, and he has Leveon and Powell (the latter with completely fresh legs). Play multiple te sets and run the ball, a lot. 

If Bell starts racking up 100 yd games, life gets so much easier for Sam and we could win some games. 

A 7-9 finish and knocking the Bills out of the Wild Card would make me feel good heading  into next season.

43 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Next up:

Oakland Raiders 5-4

@ Cincinnati Bengals 0-8

Miami Dolphins 2-7

@ Baltimore Ravens 6--2

Pittsburgh Steelers 4-4

@ Buffalo Bill's 6-2

Well we haven't won a road game yet this season so let go beat the Skins first before we start thinking that we can even be competitive with the Raiders.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, jgb said:

Because they don’t win or lose every game lol?

Hey man, the Jets are the ones talking playoffs after beating the Giants. I'm just talking about our manic Jets beating the dumpster fires on their upcoming schedule and perhaps knocking the Jills out of the playoffs. Comprende Felicia? 

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Hey man, the Jets are the ones talking playoffs after beating the Giants. I'm just talking about our manic Jets beating the dumpster fires on their upcoming schedule and perhaps knocking the Jills out of the playoffs. Comprende Felicia? 

No

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, jgb said:

It is amazing how quickly this fan base goes from "dumpster fire" to "playoff bound." Can give you whiplash.

Yes it is amazing that the same guys talk the same sh*t after every win or loss. Its like that scene in the classic Casablanca "Round up the usual suspects". SSDD.

bryan singer casablanca GIF

2 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Yes it is amazing that the same guys talk the same sh*t after every win or loss. Its like that scene in the classic Casablanca "Round up the usual suspects". SSDD.

bryan singer casablanca GIF

Lose >75% of your games three years in a row but complain about negative fan reactions. smh.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I'm no boomer...but I'm also not one of those whacky millennials using social networking to tell everyone their business each day - i.e. what I had for breakfast, lunch, dinner, what movie I went to...or if I went to the gym and had a great work out! 

Boomers always deny their boomerdom

Just now, playtowinthegame said:

Is that you're dad waiting for you to bring him his cigarettes? 

See above

• Haha 2