Was Kelechi Osemele Right ???

THE BARON

14 hours ago, Larz said:

Right I mean sordid details and the outcome 

maybe everyone decided to just keep it quiet 

osemele accused the Jets of sending falsified medical records or something ? 

I think you got sucked a little too far into the nonsense.  I think everyone usually keeps this stuff fairly quiet.  The team has no reason to advertise it and the player wants to play in 2020, this isn't going to help him get another contract.  The hearing isn't going to be public.  I doubt the award is either.

The falsified medical records thing was overstated.  IIRC, the Jets admitted they initially sent blank MRI results to the outside doctor.  I think they claimed it was an accident and quickly remedied.  Osemele probably felt he was being Pete Kendall'ed and was understandably pissed. 

I think this stuff goes on more than we know, but that Osemele knew the team was cutting him for 2020 and was trying to get out of as much of his 2019 salary as they could.  That makes it a bit more acrimonious.  Like Oakland when they started fining Antonio Brown over the helmet thing to get out of that deal, only with less diva. 

22 hours ago, bitonti said:

The team cannot cut an injured player until they are fully healthy - it is against the CBA 

also they fined him game checks when he wasn't practicing 

https://nypost.com/2019/10/26/jets-release-kelechi-osemele-in-feud-thats-far-from-over/

Well not in the current season they can't, if the player was on the opening day roster that guarantees him the rest of the season. But after the season they can, which is why new contracts have the need for separate injury guarantees. 

Hard to know what really happened. Teams don't just arbitrarily fine injured players for not practicing with any regularity, so this may not be as simple as "Jets bad" without knowing all they know. (If it's already public knowledge and it's just me that doesn't know, then lol on me). 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think you got sucked a little too far into the nonsense.  I think everyone usually keeps this stuff fairly quiet.  The team has no reason to advertise it and the player wants to play in 2020, this isn't going to help him get another contract.  The hearing isn't going to be public.  I doubt the award is either.

The falsified medical records thing was overstated.  IIRC, the Jets admitted they initially sent blank MRI results to the outside doctor.  I think they claimed it was an accident and quickly remedied.  Osemele probably felt he was being Pete Kendall'ed and was understandably pissed. 

I think this stuff goes on more than we know, but that Osemele knew the team was cutting him for 2020 and was trying to get out of as much of his 2019 salary as they could.  That makes it a bit more acrimonious.  Like Oakland when they started fining Antonio Brown over the helmet thing to get out of that deal, only with less diva. 

Yeah, it was definitely massively overstated.  Anyone who thinks sending a blank MRI would be an intentional attempt to get away with something that could ever somehow go unnoticed clearly has no idea what an MRI actually is.  While certainly quite stupid, the idea that there was any ill intent was a laughable grasp at straws.