I Got Killed In Mafia (Pre-Everything Mock Offseason)

kdels62

Some notes ahead of this monster of a post 

• I don't believe in ratings for EDGE players before the combine so I kinda just went with consensus.
  • I made trades but did not account for the picks we would get in return because it's too damn much even for me. 
  • I hate Verbal for shooting me and forcing me to do something else with my free time.
  • We start with about $50m in Cap Space
  • Then I did some draft simulators to fill out the team - I included my two favorites from each of the two popular simulators.

Free Agency

• Cuts
    • Darryl Roberts 
    • Trumaine Johnson
    • Brian Winters
    • Josh Bellamy
    • Quincy Enunwa (Retirement Settlement)
      • Savings of about $20 million
  • Trades
    • Avery Williamson (4th rounder)
    • Henry Anderson (5th or 6th rounder)
      • Savings of about $13.5 Million
  • Tendered Players
    • Frankie Luvu
    • BJ Bello
    • Arthur Maulet
    • James Burgess
      • Cost approx. $5.5 Million
  • Signings/Re-Signings
    • Graham Gasglow
    • Byron Jones
    • Alex Lewis
    • Robby Anderson
    • Kelvin Beachum
    • Brian Poole
    • Trevor Siemian/ Tom Compton (Represent the cost attributed to a backup QB and Depth OL)
    • Lach Edwards
      • Cost Approx $60m 
  • Extension
    • We're extending Jamal Adams here. 
      • Cost Approx $8m in new money this year

Salary Cap Remaining: $15 million 

NFL DRAFT 

1497678686_wkecsj(1).jpg.047debf4372c17c08c89ebc8b2916b40.jpg

375762840_Screenshot2020-02-11at4_45_29PM.png.7caed772a4db1a8bb9434cc8faa2aabc.png

If you made it this far. I love you and never quote this post please. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, RobR said:

If we wait until our second third round pick for an OT in a draft loaded with them.

UnawareMiserlyGenet-max-1mb.gif

haha. I hated that draft. The big 4 were gone and since I couldn’t trade out I took Jeudy. You would’ve hated the mock where Okudah dropped to me and there was no OT or Jeudy.

I really like what you have done here. Prefer the 2nd mock. I'm going with that for sure. Mainly b/c it gives us Becton with Beachum resigned as insurance, Weaver- who I love, and Mims and Jennings, both favorites. Maybe instead of Adams I would have looked for a C or G but whatever.   

31 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I really like what you have done here. Prefer the 2nd mock. I'm going with that for sure. Mainly b/c it gives us Becton with Beachum resigned as insurance, Weaver- who I love, and Mims and Jennings, both favorites. Maybe instead of Adams I would have looked for a C or G but whatever.   

At that point in the mock, any true C or G worth taking was gone. Adams has the ability and the further away from injury he gets hopefully the better he plays. 

Also while I don’t love the first mock, it serves the purpose of creating depth for the roster and really pumping the team with skill players. Getting Jeudy and Swift puts us in a great spot going forward with Darnold.