Jets | Fabini could have contract renegotiated

Smizzy

Jets | Fabini could have contract renegotiated

Wed, 15 Feb 2006 09:25:50 -0800

Mark Cannizzaro, of the New York Post, reports New York Jets OT Jason Fabini is scheduled to make $3.2 million in base salary in 206 and count against $4.6 million against the cap. Fabini will likely be a backup lineman next season, so the team could attempt to renegotiate his contract

If we get his # low enough, I'm all for having him back as a backup who can legitimately play both tackle positions. I cringe at the thought of Marco Cavka (or the like) being our backup LT.
I don't know, I'm thinking he is done. He has been on a steady decline the last couple of years, and has been struggling with chronic back problems. I agree that having no experience at the backup positions is scary, but there has to be a better, more healthy option. I guess we will see....

I don't know, I'm thinking he is done. He has been on a steady decline the last couple of years, and has been struggling with chronic back problems. I agree that having no experience at the backup positions is scary, but there has to be a better, more healthy option. I guess we will see....

Perhaps, but that's why he'll be a backup not a starter. He won't need Mon-Sat resting up/rehabbing from a game he didn't participate in. If he can keep his back in order by not starting, we'd be hard-pressed to find a better backup to step right in.

I don't mind this move as long as it doesn't mean a bigger cap hit for when we eventualy cut him.I think we can save 3 million if we cut him now,It's not as if he's the missing piece of the puzzle and i'd rather have more cap room next year than have Fabini next year.

I'd pay him the vet minimum or throw him out on his ass. He has been stealing money the last couple of years. Between getting beaten like a dog, holding and false start penalties he has been horrible.

dude, your avatar is HILARIOUS !!!!

Archived