80's "I need fantasy assistance" thread

Jetsfan80

23 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I was disciplined in all my mocks and got two good RBs. Went out the window when the real draft happened. 

Rofl ... going into my main redraft my plan was forgo  of the top 3 RBs  and likely take ARSB and rock one of the second round RBs I'm High on (Kyren, Pachecho,.... Achane who rostering feels like transporting a load of nitroglycerin down a cobblestone road via horse drawn carriage  ... in both the positive and negative senses of that)

What happened.... at 1.04 i took Breece for the second time in as many redraft drafts...😂

Then followed it up round 2 Pacheco like:

Ill_Fuckin_Do_It_Again.jpg.7742d4b0c7c4365ced78141761c03d01.jpg

In my mind im like Omg  i need to hammer Reciever... wen round 3 DK

Then the Mcbride Kyler stack fell in my lap round 4/5.... and my idea of discipline went by the way side..

6/7/8/9

C.Kirk/ Ridley/ Worthy/ JSN

Then Spears, Daniels, Muth, Cooks

Roller-coaster ride of my maniacal  unintentions.😂😂😂

JSN  abd Daniels seemed like too good of trade bait to pass up at cost.

3 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

JSN  abd Daniels seemed like too good of trade bait to pass up at cost.

@Jetsfan80 @PS17

Speaking of the guy with no (fantasy worthy) QBs took my offer of JSN and Daniels for Tee and Baker 😂🍆

Make It Rain Money GIF

Wrs now

DK ,Tee, Kirk, Ridley...(Worthy _Cooks bench)

With Breece/Pacheco  😂

• Haha 1

@Lurker89 @PS17 @RedBeardedSavage 

Here's how my draft went:

Player Pos Team Round Pick
Justin Jefferson WR MIN 1 8
De'Von Achane RB MIA 2 13
Drake London WR ATL 3 28
Jaylen Waddle WR MIA 4 33
Josh Allen QB BUF 5 48
Malik Nabers WR NYG 6 53
Tank Dell WR HOU 7 68
Trey McBride TE AZ 8 73
Jaylen Warren RB PIT 9 88
Brian Thomas WR JAX 10 93
Jayden Daniels QB WSH 11 108
Gus Edwards RB LAC 12 113
Jameson Williams WR DET 13 128
Antonio Gibson RB NE 14 133
Younghoe Koo K ATL 15 148
Seahawks D/ST D/ST SEA 16 153

Best Available:

1. RB Ray Davis
  2. RB Bucky Irving
  3. WR Adonai Mitchell
  4. TE David Njoku
  5. QB Jared Goff
  6. RB Jordan Mason
  7. RB Braelon Allen
  8. RB Khalil Herbert
  9. QB Matthew Stafford
  10. RB Marshawn Lloyd
  11. RB Kimani Vidal
  12. RB Tyrone Tracy
  13. RB Cam Akers
  14. TE Taysom Hill
  15. TE Noah Fant
  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Drake London WR ATL 3 28
Josh Allen QB BUF 5 48
Malik Nabers WR NYG 6 53
Tank Dell WR HOU 7 68
Trey McBride TE AZ 8 73

Best Available:

1. RB Ray Davis
  2. RB Bucky Irving
  3. WR Adonai Mitchell
  4. TE David Njoku
  5. QB Jared Goff
  6. RB Jordan Mason
  7. RB Braelon Allen
  8. RB Khalil Herbert
  9. QB Matthew Stafford
  10. RB Marshawn Lloyd
  11. RB Kimani Vidal
  12. RB Tyrone Tracy
  13. RB Cam Akers
  14. TE Taysom Hill
  15. TE Noah Fant

I like it a lot - and a fellow Achane enthusiast, I love that:

”if you ain’t first, you’re last”

I’m currently trying to package a deal for Joe Burrow to stack with Chase in my home league.

Tryna get it done before Chase signs…

High risk and I love it! 

• Post of the Week 1

30 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I"m about to start.

Picking 6.  I think it'll either be Saquan or Aman Ra.

Thoughts?

Amon Ra or Jefferson >>>> Saquon IMO. Saquon actually falls to the second in many drafts but you’re not gonna get an elite receiver there. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Drake London WR ATL 3 28
Josh Allen QB BUF 5 48
Malik Nabers WR NYG 6 53
Tank Dell WR HOU 7 68
Trey McBride TE AZ 8 73

Best Available:

1. RB Ray Davis
  2. RB Bucky Irving
  3. WR Adonai Mitchell
  4. TE David Njoku
  5. QB Jared Goff
  6. RB Jordan Mason
  7. RB Braelon Allen
  8. RB Khalil Herbert
  9. QB Matthew Stafford
  10. RB Marshawn Lloyd
  11. RB Kimani Vidal
  12. RB Tyrone Tracy
  13. RB Cam Akers
  14. TE Taysom Hill
  15. TE Noah Fant

I dig it, lots of good values especially Allen, Nabers, McBride (pick 73 is absurd). Hopefully you can start up to 4 or 5 WR. If you can only start up to 3 WR I like it a lot less. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

I dig it, lots of good values especially Allen, Nabers, McBride (pick 73 is absurd). Hopefully you can start up to 4 or 5 WR. If you can only start up to 3 WR I like it a lot less. 

Only 3 WR, lol.  This league drafts backs, including trash ones, early and often so I was consistently getting sniped 1-2 rounds early on ones I wanted (Montgomery, Mostert, Chase Brown, Charbonnet, Jaylen Wright, etc).  Josh Jacobs went in the 2nd f**kin round!

I also wanted to go RB-RB the first 2 rounds but Derrick Henry going 6th (Barkley went 5th!) ruined that plan.  So I was stuck racking up WRs as I refuse to reach excessively for RBs just to take em.  Like….i don’t want the Rico Dowdles and Tyler Allgeiers of the world at where they went in this draft…..

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Only 3 WR, lol.  This league drafts backs, including trash ones, early and often so I was consistently getting sniped 1-2 rounds early on ones I wanted (Montgomery, Mostert, Chase Brown, Charbonnet, Jaylen Wright, etc).  Josh Jacobs went in the 2nd f**kin round!

I also wanted to go RB-RB the first 2 rounds but Derrick Henry going 6th (Barkley went 5th!) ruined that plan.  So I was stuck racking up WRs as I refuse to reach excessively for RBs just to take em.  Like….i don’t want the Rico Dowdles and Tyler Allgeiers of the world at where they went in this draft…..

Achane as an anchor RB would scare the sh*t out of me. I’d be cool with him as an RB2 or paired with another guy in the top 4 rounds, but Jaylen Warren being your next best guy feels quite precarious. If you can work the waiver wire and find a guy or two this team should be okay given how strong you are everywhere else.

3 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I like it a lot - and a fellow Achane enthusiast, I love that:

”if you ain’t first, you’re last”

I’m currently trying to package a deal for Joe Burrow to stack with Chase in my home league.

Tryna get it done before Chase signs…

High risk and I love it! 

2 man league?¿?¿? Lol  

But really stacked squad nice job... what is it actually 10 man?

1 minute ago, Lurker89 said:

2 man league?¿?¿? Lol  

But really stacked squad nice job... what is it actually 10 man?

Just read your other comment on RB Scarcity in this league... you zigg when they zagg shoukd work out. 

Gus is a sleeper this year in that O.... sure not sexy but with Dobbins being made if wet tissue paper i wouldn't be shocked to see a Gus Edwards volume based nice RB2 season.

Package something up for Javonte would be a play i like.

59 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Achane as an anchor RB would scare the sh*t out of me. I’d be cool with him as an RB2 or paired with another guy in the top 4 rounds, but Jaylen Warren being your next best guy feels quite precarious. If you can work the waiver wire and find a guy or two this team should be okay given how strong you are everywhere else.

Trust me - I’m indeed scared sh*tless, lol.  Whyyyy couldn’t Henry fall to me??! 

Here was the full draft board.  Keepers in red.  Look at this sh*t.  Look how RBs flew, lol.  

6 RBs in Rd 1, 5 before my pick slot.  Jacobs and Kamara in the 2nd, with Etienne kept for a 2.  Kenneth Walker in the 3rd.  Najee Harris in the 5th.

Madness.

IMG_8943.png

IMG_8942.png

IMG_8941.png

4 hours ago, PS17 said:

Amon Ra or Jefferson >>>> Saquon IMO. Saquon actually falls to the second in many drafts but you’re not gonna get an elite receiver there. 

Saw this late.

Not thrilled with it. 12 team league.

Screenshot_20240901_214404_Fantasy.jpg

11 hours ago, chirorob said:

Saw this late.

Not thrilled with it. 12 team league.

Screenshot_20240901_214404_Fantasy.jpg

Love me some Kyler and you have a number of guys I like.  But let’s see if we can find you an RB gem on the waiver wire to replace Gainwell (not a true or valuable handcuff in Philly - they’ll go committee with Shipley and practice squader Tyrion Davis-Price if Barkley gets hurt).

Any of these guys out there?

* Jaylen Wright

* Ray Davis

* Bucky Irving

* Jordan Mason

* Khalil Herbert

* Braelon Allen

* Marshawn Lloyd

* Kimani Vidal

* Tyrone Tracy

* Cam Akers

Any of these would be more valuable chips than Gainwell, as they’d all gain much more value from their starter getting hurt than Gainwell would.  A few I could easily see ending up RB1s on their teams outright (Irving, Vidal, Tracy especially).

Hell, I’d pick up 2 of them and drop Conklin as well - you don’t need a TE2.

And is that your full bench?

My issue with Ford at his steadily rising ADP is also represented in your roster:  Even with lowly Najee Harris i still wouldn’t feel comfortable starting Ford over Najee.  

And if you’re not starting Ford early in the season, when he should gobble all the backfield touches….when will you?  A couple times in the bye territory until Chubb gets back?  If that?  

I guess that’s worth it at around pick 105 or so, maybe, which is around where you got him I think.  But I’ve seen him going in the 90s.  He went 89th overall in my draft yesterday.  Too rich for my blood.  

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Love me some Kyler and you have a number of guys I like.  But let’s see if we can find you an RB gem on the waiver wire to replace Gainwell (not a true or valuable handcuff in Philly - they’ll go committee with Shipley and practice squader Tyrion Davis-Price if Barkley gets hurt).

* Jaylen Wright

* Ray Davis

* Bucky Irving

* Jordan Mason

* Khalil Herbert

* Braelon Allen

* Marshawn Lloyd

* Kimani Vidal

* Tyrone Tracy

* Cam Akers

Any of these would be more valuable chips than Gainwell, as they’d all gain much more value from their starter getting hurt than Gainwell would.  A few I could easily see ending up RB1s on their teams outright (Irving, Vidal, Tracy especially).

Hell, I’d pick up 2 of them and drop Conklin as well - you don’t need a TE2.

And is that your full bench?

That's my full bench.

I actually think Conklin might be pretty good, and tight ends get hurt a lot.  I'm checking on the others.

* Jaylen Wright

* Ray Davis

* Bucky Irving

* Jordan Mason

* Khalil Herbert

* Braelon Allen

* Kimani Vidal

* Tyrone Tracy

* Cam Akers

All of those are available.  Gainwell was literally Saquon insuance.   I do happen to think Saquon will have a big year, and I think the Eagles are going to do less of their "tush push" hurting Hurts and increasing Saquon.

My issue with Ford at his steadily rising ADP is also represented in your roster:  Even with lowly Najee Harris i still wouldn’t feel comfortable starting Ford over Najee.  

And if you’re not starting Ford early in the season, when he should gobble all the backfield touches….when will you?  A couple times in the bye territory until Chubb gets back?  If that?  

I guess that’s worth it at around pick 105 or so, maybe, which is around where you got him I think.  But I’ve seen him going in the 90s.  He went 89th overall in my draft yesterday.  Too rich for my blood.  

Ford was a 10th rounder, pick #114

• Upvote 1

Just now, chirorob said:

Not when he goes for 6 catches,  80 yards and 2 TDs against SF he won't. 

lol maybe.  But we know how this will go for Conklin.  He’ll get picked up multiple times over the course of the season but dropped immediately the next week.  He’s gonna be a fantasy whack-a-mole guy where you never start him the “correct” week.

Rodgers peppers his # 1 guy and then spreads it around to the others.  So that’s a lot of touches for Garrett and Breece, and then an unsatisfying target count and target share left over for Mike Williams, Conklin and Corley.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

* Jaylen Wright

* Ray Davis

* Bucky Irving

* Jordan Mason

* Khalil Herbert

* Braelon Allen

* Marshawn Lloyd

* Kimani Vidal

* Tyrone Tracy

* Cam Akers

So, who's your recommendation?

26 minutes ago, chirorob said:

So, who's your recommendation?

Theyre already basically in order of my preference, but since they’re all kinda lottery tickets, it comes down to preference.  

Akers I have at the bottom, for instance, only because we don’t know for sure who the # 2 guy is in Houston, BUT I think it will be Akers and I think he’d be the far more valuable guy in that role than Pierce would be.  And in which case he would quickly vault up that list once we know for sure.  

• Upvote 1